As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

2.6+ (Resurrected) Decoy bug

For those unaware, Diablo 2 Resurrected stopped having any major patches after 2.6, and it looks like they are just doing the automated ladder releases. It's like they pulled the developers / team away from the project all of a sudden.

What this means for me is an interesting problem and question.

Decoy had a bug introduced in 2.6, which as of now is still in the game. The way it works is that the first 15-16 or I don't know how many I summon, everything works normally, it dies after a while, and needs a resummon. All is good, working as intended at slvl 1+6. After that, for at least 99 summons, it dies in a single hit. It's completely useless, but it's still worth summoning, because after said 99-128 summons are chewed up you get something even more crazy: immortal decoys who can last being chewed on by Andariel for their full duration. I don't know how many casts it lasts for, because I don't play very long sessions and it resets every time I S&E, so it's very rare that I get to use it for long.

I don't know what to think of this. Decoy is such a big part of the Amazon's gameplay arsenal for me even as a single-point investment, but I am playing hardcore too, and an unbreakable no-downsides tank feels like it's defeating the point, even if I have to do the equivalent of "human sacrifice to summon the devil" to gain access to that.

Otherwise, that's good news that we have a "stable" build. I am always willing to live with some minor bugs rather than ever changing balancing act. But yeah, ouch to the Decoy. I would have to start D2 again after this pause to see how much I am going to be cursing.

I still have the Pally to finish up. At least. Itching to play some Classic D   butcher2

So I still have a Time Stamp hack by DrZed(?), which allows people to restart a game with the same time stamps, hence same dungeons and drops, every time. Classic D dungeons are generated using the current time stamp as a random seed. This hack is great for competitions, such as Ironman runs. I wonder if it works with GoG.

KoP

Finally did Duriel yesterday. I thought I managed to bug the decoy just right after two wings of arcane sanctuary and a full clear of the canyon, but apparently not. Sometimes it seems that enemies can't kill the decoy earlier, but it's not yet immortal. I found out the hard way when it was dying to the holy freeze aura ticks, so it was back to plan b: Valkyrie diet.

Oh and it was Players 5. oops.