As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Wintersday Wonderland

So here's an off-the-rocker idea to entertain us until the next "real" team variant gets set up, and get into the holiday spirit.

Where/When: A blitz through Eye of the North normal mode primary missions/quests, starting around the wintersday festivities (tuesday evenings starting with 16th? Maybe earlier in the day depending on holiday schedules?). Hopefully either completing books or pushing through characters who need to progress. This is doable in a month, clearing one section of the hero book per session. The idea is workable in other settings like a UW or slavers run, albeit significantly harder. If people need to come or go it's not a huge deal with the heros we can add, we will press on regardless.

Equipment: Candy Cane/gingerbread weapons/shields and a Holiday Hat (preferably wintersday related) are the only items that can be used in those respective slots. But don't worry, you can use whatever armor you like in the other slots. Bonus points for dying in holiday colors!

Consumeables: Candy Canes, Tonics, and Alcohol only. If a new wintersday consumeable is added this year, we can consider it.

AIs: Heroes using the indicated templates below and candy cane weapons are allowed. Freezie Henchmen are also allowed, and at least one should be used if possible.

Skills: each class has one specific template you may use with 6 skills. The last skill is a specific PvE-one, but you can substitute the indicated class skill if you don't have or are running a hero. Attributes are merely suggestions and can be distributed as you wish.

There are two open slots on each template, you can put whatever skills you want in there, including PvE or secondary profession skills. Some of the team should probably bring rezes. (or we could use res scrolls?) - but EotN missions have res shrines in the event of full wipes. Additionally you can play one of the bars as a "secondary", IE, a mesmer running the Mirror of Ice bar, but you don't get to pick substitutes for any of the templated skills.

The skill sets are a little silly and themed around Wintersday, but also to keep casters in check compared to their candy-cane wielding weapon users. We can argue the templates in thread but I'd rather they be set in stone once the variant starts. (perhaps a test-run through Secret Lair the week before?) The bars aren't exactly optimal, but neither should the variant be head-bangingly (aka nudist) frustrating in EotN NM. Consider it a "test run" for larger fixed-bar variants.

More creative template suggestions are welcome - there's a little logic or trick behind them. The monk for example, "Tis better to give than to recieve", has no self-targeting skills, and needs to get in close for healing whisper spam. The ritualist offers people "weapon gifts", while the mesmer is returning unwanted "gifts" such as yet another sweater. The necro, ele and sin are inspired by snowball fights, while the ranger, para, and derv come from some famous christmas carols. The old steady stance warrior is tenously relevant by reminding me of a fat laughing santa- but any better ideas should be similarly weapon-universal so that swords, axes, and hammers are equally welcome.

Sounds good, a few more days and I can start playing again.! yikes

Althoug if you make me find all my candy cane crap, I might go crazy. banghead
If you believe everything you read, better not read.