As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Getting MoM to run properly

EDD Wrote:OK so i got MOM200 off the downloads here

BTW Probably you downloaded Aureus Mod (AKA MOM200) that is not the latest version of the game. rolleye

You should use Insecticide Patch to 1.40n. thumbsup
Only the people crazy enough to think they can change the world of Arcanus and Myrror can do it. rolleye

Thanks Jtm wink zitro is the go-to guy now, but I still have moderator privileges and don't mind helping out a tiny bit whenever I notice something.

In case anyone is interested, MOM does run on a Raspberry Pi3 under dosbox. It's just painfully, painfully slow. Keep a book on hand for reading while the turns process, even for the first few turns. Too bad, since I'm offgrid with a small solar power system, so the Pi is my 'cloudy day computer'.

Also, neither the old editors such as momedit nor the new tweaker runs under dosbox on the Pi.

Did you increase the number of CPU cycles emulated in DOSBOX? As far as I remember the default DOSBOX comes with is way too low for this game.

Yes, I used your COM mod, and followed the instructions (cycles = 100000). I'm guessing it's just that it's an Arm64 cpu emulating an x86 cpu. Pity though, it's overcast right now and I can't get my COM fix.

It run fine on my Celeron running linux, but if I want to do any editing/modding, I'll have to pull out my old Vista box. After using linux, Windows just seems so horrible.