As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Alhazard ruins a Renaissance fair

well mack and RMOG made peace and I believe the former will send his horsemen to us. too bad we are stuck in pacifism for 3 more turns... Also spending more than 1/2 of gold now on Gunpowder rush.
Youtube Channel Twitch aka Mistoltin

(October 19th, 2016, 12:35)taotao Wrote: I understand if you're busy and I don't really plan on getting heavily involved, but I'm just pointing out that I'm very much in the dark regarding the state of the game at the moment smile

Latest update: like Alhazard said, mack is going to invade us and we are likely screwed.

ipecac

He made peace with RMOG, has sky-high power, we're the next likely target, and Scoolla sent a warning.

(October 20th, 2016, 08:28)ipecac Wrote:
(October 19th, 2016, 12:35)taotao Wrote: I understand if you're busy and I don't really plan on getting heavily involved, but I'm just pointing out that I'm very much in the dark regarding the state of the game at the moment smile

Latest update: like Alhazard said, mack is going to invade us and we are likely screwed.

ipecac

He made peace with RMOG, has sky-high power, we're the next likely target, and Scoolla sent a warning.
Ok, that doesn't sound good...

Pacifism isn't ideal, but 2xp on units aren't going to make or brake a defense, actual units will.

How many turns are you from gunpowder?
Could you cut it down if you got a loan from somewhere (say scoolla)?

Do you have engineering? (do you get it from the start in ren. games?)
Pikes aren't as good as Janissaries, but they're a heck of lot better than nothing and if you mix in some cats and workers you might even be able to attack out.
...Which might be important as even though the lions share of macks forces are likely to be phracts I anticipate him having some siege coming in in a second wave.

Are your borders touching yet?

and this is when I go have a look at civstats and notice that the attack has started...
Sorry guys, hang in there!  alright

but yeah, any chance mack could be satisfied by extorting an expensive peace deal from you?
Probably not if your borders are already touching, but otherwise that's sort of up his alley if you're prickly enough and others might benefit from you going down as well...
Played in PB27

What I would like to know is why did mack log in this turn 1st if he is taking the 2nd half of the split

We're boned. I am sorry to everyone. I was definitely out of my league in this game, and didn't expect RL to hit me so hard so haven't been giving my 110%.

alright

You couldn't have expected all the vets to sign up en masse.

Eek, that sucks. Well whip em to the ground at least.