As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Ethics of a New Account

All,

Since Realms Beyond is one of the few bastions on the internet where fair play and ethics actually mean something I wanted to pose a question here for consideration:

Should I create a LoL account just for ARAM?

Obviously this is fraught with questions of "smurf" accounts and noob stomping, but those are not my intention. My intention is merely not get stuck playing champions that are ill suited to ARAM. With a new account I could only own champs well suited to ARAM and only potentially get "stuck" with those champs that both bad on ARAM and free that week.

So in the end I would end up with two accounts an ARAM account and an all other maps account.

Thoughts?
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"

(January 15th, 2014, 17:54)Atlas Wrote: All,

Since Realms Beyond is one of the few bastions on the internet where fair play and ethics actually mean something I wanted to pose a question here for consideration:

Should I create a LoL account just for ARAM?

Obviously this is fraught with questions of "smurf" accounts and noob stomping, but those are not my intention. My intention is merely not get stuck playing champions that are ill suited to ARAM. With a new account I could only own champs well suited to ARAM and only potentially get "stuck" with those champs that both bad on ARAM and free that week.

So in the end I would end up with two accounts an ARAM account and an all other maps account.

Thoughts?

Well I spent most of my time in season 3 levelling my level 12 EUW account upto 30, while almost exclusively playing ARAM. One thing you'll very quickly find is that you'll be matched up with other smurfs (assuming you're considerably better than the average new player), there will be almost no noob bashing after you've played a bit. You'll find some people who are on ARAM exclusive accounts and will only own champs that are strong in this map. It can be frustrating as a player when the other team almost always has great poke and you have a chance of being stuck with Garen or Udyr or someone just because you've bought champs that are poor in ARAM.

All in all don't worry about it. Just be prepared to be stuck playing the same champs over and over since your champion pool is so small.

I miss the days before ARAM queue to a certain extent, ADAM was more popular and you could ban out some of the most obnoxious champs.
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

(January 15th, 2014, 20:30)Dantski Wrote: Well I spent most of my time in season 3 levelling my level 12 EUW account upto 30, while almost exclusively playing ARAM. One thing you'll very quickly find is that you'll be matched up with other smurfs (assuming you're considerably better than the average new player), there will be almost no noob bashing after you've played a bit. You'll find some people who are on ARAM exclusive accounts and will only own champs that are strong in this map. It can be frustrating as a player when the other team almost always has great poke and you have a chance of being stuck with Garen or Udyr or someone just because you've bought champs that are poor in ARAM.

All in all don't worry about it. Just be prepared to be stuck playing the same champs over and over since your champion pool is so small.

I miss the days before ARAM queue to a certain extent, ADAM was more popular and you could ban out some of the most obnoxious champs.
As for champs, I already play alot of the same champs over and over so no biggie there.

Well i am now 8-1 and it takes 6-7 minutes to get a match rolleye

Part of the reason i like ARAM is that it goes quickly.

I have bought:
Janna
Mundo
Temo
Warwick
Blitzcrank

Next buys are probably Lux and then Nidalee (they are 3150 IP though, so more expensive than the others) that will take time. I might dilute the pool of mediocre free champs some more with some decent 450 or 1350 IP champs though, i can't decide
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"

(January 18th, 2014, 19:21)Atlas Wrote:
(January 15th, 2014, 20:30)Dantski Wrote: Well I spent most of my time in season 3 levelling my level 12 EUW account upto 30, while almost exclusively playing ARAM. One thing you'll very quickly find is that you'll be matched up with other smurfs (assuming you're considerably better than the average new player), there will be almost no noob bashing after you've played a bit. You'll find some people who are on ARAM exclusive accounts and will only own champs that are strong in this map. It can be frustrating as a player when the other team almost always has great poke and you have a chance of being stuck with Garen or Udyr or someone just because you've bought champs that are poor in ARAM.

Well i am now 8-1 and it takes 6-7 minutes to get a match rolleye part of the reason i like ARAM is goes quickly.

As for champs, I already play alot of the same champs over and over so no biggie there.

I have bought:
Janna
Mundo
Temo (
Warwick
Blitzcrank

Next buys are probably Lux and then Nidalee (they are 3150 IP though, so more expensive than the others) that will take time. I might dilute the pool of mediocre free champs some more with some decent 450 or 1350 IP champs though, i can't decide

You bought Warwick for ARAM? crazyeye

I found the queue times to be over 10 mins on a regular basis after a while, I think I had one hit 25 mins before I decided to logoff.
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."