As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

(SPOILERS) Donovan Zoi Fights in Honor of Japan's Bad Name

Turn 100 Super Report 

Charts N' Such

I only have them on Flunky and shade for now. shade recently escalated from the 43/43 agreement, so I put 20% EP into him last turn to catch up.  I want to keep an eye on his Power demos.  Speaking of which....

Power

Crop Yield

MFG

GNP

You can see that Flunky is clearly the dominant one here. It's also apparent that my lack of new cities is contributing to the current lag you see from Japan.  But I am betting on my relative safety and my emphasis on infrastructure to reap eventual dividends.  Another thing I need to catch you all up on from nowhere.

FA Relations

Lots of war already at this stage!  Meiz' current fate is brought into clarity and, out of my contacts, only Flunky has washed his hands of such barbarism.

Demographics

Up until recently, I have been in the Top 10 pretty consistently on c/h/f as well as Pop, where I have been consistently top 5.  There are a couple of reasons I am forgoing new city expansion at the moment.

1. I wanted to avoid getting too upside down in expansion maintenance.
2. I am not ready to have new adjacent cities take a food resource from established cities as they rapidly grow. I will looking to found new cities soon.
3. The reason I want the high pop is to boost commerce from coastal tiles so that Currency > Code of Laws comes quickly and allows me to move to Caste System.  Then I can further use that pop with Caste to stack Scientists and open an Academy economy.  If all goes well, I will beat shade to Machinery/Civil Service and be able to boat Australia (most of the Mongol cities are coastal) with Amphibious Samurai.  

There are many things left to explain, and I look forward into unveiling my plans with more detail.  I am calling it a night, but tomorrow I will give you an overview of each city as well as a decent post re: those Mongols.

Thank you for this extensive update, Donovan!

Greetings from Denmark. Currently vacationing in Copenhagen and really loving how „normal“ everything seems to be here in these sad (Corona-pandemic...) times...

(July 18th, 2020, 13:05)Papa Bear Wrote: Thank you for this extensive update, Donovan!

Greetings from Denmark. Currently vacationing in Copenhagen and really loving how „normal“ everything seems to be here in these sad (Corona-pandemic...) times...

Glad I was finally able to do so!  Also glad you've been able to find some respite from craziness that this year has thrown at us.  Any idea what Denmark is doing differently?

I work from home in a relatively small town in the US, so I feel fairly safe for the most part. But man, 2020 just can't end fast enough!

I forgot to put resource tags on my last city shots, so I'll save those for my T101 report.  I'll be playing shortly, once aspi leaves the game.  For some reason, we are on the same schedule frequently as I have bounced off of him about 5 times since we started.

All I know is that Denmark clamped down hard on people moving about right from the start of the pandemic mid-march. They kept everything tightly locked down for a while (4 weeks or so) and then gradually opened non-essential shops mid-april or so. International visitors have only recently been allowed and all on the condition that they can prove having a reservation in DK to stay at least 6 nights (people usually visiting Copenhagen probably do that on a 4-day-extended weekend normally...), so they are not opening all the floodgates in one go.

That‘s all I can tell...

And I don‘t want to lead the thread away from its purpose, either. So: sorry for the little OT!

Any updates?
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Good question... :D

From what I gather, you have researched Alphabet, DZ?

As that is a rather uncommon thing to do over at Civforum, I'd be interested in why you prioritized that over other available research options.

I heard something somewhere that there is a popular mod somewhere which only allows open borders agreements when researching alphabet rather than writing. Did that have something to do with it? If so, I am pretty sure, the PB Mod does not include that particular feature...

But I do expect your rationale to be something entirely different, anyway...

It would of course also be interesting to read about the "war" from your perspective... ;-)

Hello Donovan,

I just want inform you that some players had complained about blocking over multiple hours.
Did you use the modified executable (easiest solution) or made the hosts file changes?