As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

League of Legends General Discussion Thread

v8mark Wrote:That's my defence of the pirate, anyway -- could anyone suggest a similar, better character for me to try? Preferably one that's cheap and/or free next week wink
Tristana, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Twitch, Corki, Twisted Fate, Sivir. These are all ranged "carry" characters that are better than Gangplank. Tristana, Ashe, Twisted Fate, and Sivir are pretty cheap I think. If you "like" League of Legends on Facebook, you can get Tristana for free.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho...hp?t=80451 for more info.

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."

Not sure how the Store works. Do I get a new champion for free with lvl 4 or do I have to "buy" it?

can buy them with the IP (influence points) you earn each game

speaker was telling me the other day he has too much IP, guess he's got all the champs he wants =)
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

Dantski Wrote:can buy them with the IP (influence points) you earn each game

speaker was telling me the other day he has too much IP, guess he's got all the champs he wants =)
I think I have something like 26 champions? I bought all the cheap ones with IP, but bought a few of the more expensive ones with RP ( real $). I don't mind paying to support the game. If every player who enjoyed the game put in $25 or so, they'd have plenty of money to make the game even better than it already is.

Anyone online today, or is still much too early in NA?

TheArchduke Wrote:Anyone online today, or is still much too early in NA?
Server is broken. Too many players online.

Speaker Wrote:Server is broken. Too many players online.

Strange, works just fine here. Are there seperate servers for Europe and North America?

Yes there are. Threr are different clients to install for both.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Is there a particular role that is short handed? Because I might as well be useful while I suck.

My guide for the newbs following after me -

Step 1: Take a look at the champion rotation, and take a guess at who you would like to play

Step 2: Pick a build, any build. Pay particular attention to the recommended items - write these down on a note card.

Step 3: Look up the description of each item. In the game, the store is broken into major and minor categories which are roughly the same as the check boxes at the top of the items page. The description of the item will usually give you a decent guess at the category it should fall into; and you can check that by clicking the appropriate box to see if you've guess correctly.

Step 4: you've got time to shop before minions spawn. In addition to using this time to buy your first set of items, consider verifying where the other items are located - edit your note card appropriately.

Step 4a: while you are dead, you can shop - more time to make sure that you know where things are located.

Sounding like a broken record, but anyone planning to play today? Games where everyone uses colourful words tend to annoy me..

And Gangplank is useless indeed.