As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

You need to find a king to sacrifice. There's power in a king's blood. I think chickens' blood just turn you into a power hitter.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I played the turn! shades

sorry for being slow - I was just thinking "when will this turn roll?" when I looked and found that the answer was "yesterday, butthead"
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

So Google searching on this issue found three threads on this issue, including one by our own Lord Parkin. I sent him a PM and unfortunately he was never able to resolve the issue and had to drop out of the game frown. The interesting thing was that it was also with a mod to have a very large game (40 players if memory serves). Anyway I am pretty fresh out of ideas, other than re-installing civ and taking my desktop to a coffee shop (both of which I'll try).

Darrell

Okay it is almost surely something to do with my ISP. I borrowed a friends laptop and get the exact same problem. I'll try the laptop at Harbucks tomorrow and verify it works there.

Then I'll log an SR with Comcast dubious.gif.

Darrell

I am sorry that you are going to have to deal with Comcast. If I were you, I'd just drop out of the game instead. (kidding. sorta)

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Is this a problem that manifests in any Pitboss, Darrell? Or is it just related to me? If you're not playing in any other Pitbosses at the moment, could you try to just log in to the civ select screen on a differently hosted Pitboss?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Good idea I will try that in the morning.

Darrell

I can connect fine to PB17.

Darrell

Please add me to Google Hangouts and we can look at this together tomorrow, Darrell. caledorn at gmail com
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"