As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

League of Legends General Discussion Thread

quite a few on now
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

Hmm, tried a bunch including you, nothing happened.

Hmm, well I got the European Client. Duh.wink

Download and install US client.
Team Roland and RB minions received couple of defeats just now. frown
Of course we blame his leadership. wink

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

mostly_harmless Wrote:Download and install US client.
Team Roland and RB minions received couple of defeats just now. frown
Of course we blame his leadership. wink

mh

Bah. Yes, that was all my fault. Totally bad call on my part. A weak push up the mid while they came down the sides and hit our back door cost us the game. frown Sorry guys.

On a lighter note, _I_ kicked all sorts of enemy tail with Nasus. :D We turned it around on that next game, though. My 2nd time as Heimerdinger, and we royally stomped them, despite some very tight spots. If I hadn't passed near Baron and heard them attacking him, we never would have won that. THAT was the turnaround.

Let all of what transpired in those two games be a lesson. Learn from everything, and grow as a player.

Roland Wrote:Bah. Yes, that was all my fault. Totally bad call on my part. A weak push up the mid while they came down the sides and hit our back door cost us the game. frown Sorry guys.

On a lighter note, _I_ kicked all sorts of enemy tail with Nasus. :D We turned it around on that next game, though. My 2nd time as Heimerdinger, and we royally stomped them, despite some very tight spots. If I hadn't passed near Baron and heard them attacking him, we never would have won that. THAT was the turnaround.

Let all of what transpired in those two games be a lesson. Learn from everything, and grow as a player.

15 kills in that second game! OK, 8 deaths as well, but it went on 67 minutes...

Thoroughly enjoyed the games last night, despite the two pastings we took. Thanks all, and especially Roland for babysitting bow

As for the North American client - I just re-registered, and chose North America rather than Europe as the place I was 'closest to'. Then it let me download the NA client instead.

TheArchduke5 on NA servers. Some merciful soul try to add me as a friend before I give up.:D

I've tried smile

Will log in shortly.
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

I mained the Pirate for a while so ....

Let me start by saying that Sullla has outlined very well why the pirate is worse than just about every other character in the game, but...

v8mark Wrote:That's my defence of the pirate, anyway -- could anyone suggest a similar, better character for me to try? Preferably one that's cheap and/or free next week wink
I will defend the pirate just a touch, his best skill "remove scurvy" is not just a heal, but also an escape from a stun this is huge. The pirate has a golden age from level 1-8 during this time he can harass well with "parley" and heal/escape with "remove scurvy"- the result is that early in the game he holds the lane well and if harassed can heal himself without going back-thus no XP loss. A nice feature, I found it particularly helpful when I was starting LoL to play a character with a heal (though there are certainly better ones than the Pirate (Taric and Kayle come to mind-though others have a similiar ability).

His ultimate is not good mid to late game, but early and early-mid game it is great for assinating folks getting away with <10% health and is alright for team fights as long as no one has their 2nd level boots yet.

But, basically Sullla outlined his problems, an attack damage build only really helps parley, an ability power build helps remove scurvy and his ultimate, but at poor ratios.
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"

So, I'm all excited about the new character Sona. I plunk down a bit of cash to have enough Riot points for the full Sona bundle (Sona + 2 skins). I hop into my first game of the night to try out my new character, and about 10 minutes into the game the server explodes. Oh how ironic.

I was really looking forward to getting in a few games tonight, as either Zilean or Sona (or perhaps Nidalee). Guess that won't be happening. I hope my money's going to build better servers. :P Now if only they could fix that stupid "time is undefined on default-en.html" error I get when I am forced to close the client (due to it sucking up all available CPU and ruining my games).

I think I'll go watch a movie.