As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

(October 16th, 2015, 00:02)Tiltowait Wrote: Well, I didn't know you had changed demons. Usually they're not accessible at all. Having a spell to give Summon Demon x3 would have some cool name like "evil chosen one" with some entertaining flavor text, a high research cost and a high maintenance cost. It would be like having an item enchanted with Phantom Warriors x3, except cooler. It's not workable if they all have Caster 40, summon demon ability is overpowered to begin with and this just pushes it over the edge. Well, just go down the list of unit abilities, I'm sure there's one of them that can be turned into a spell. http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Unit..._Abilities Have a "necromancers" spell that gives a unit the ability to create undead, but it doesn't turn undead itself. Get creative with it.

Problem is, there are no spells left to remove. Pretty much everything in the game is a spell that should stay available, especially in the Death realm.
Granting create undead sounds cool, though.

I think these are the ones that could be worth adding :
-Create Undead (Death)
-Lightning Breath (maybe chaos)
-Wall Crusher
-First Strike

How about modifying the Chaos Channel spell to grant the last 3 at random, like this : Demon Wings = Flying+First Strike, Demon Skin = 3 defense, wall crusher, Demon breath = Lightning Breath 4 instead of fire breath 2?
Would need to bump up the cost a little though. Although, that's the only way to grant fire breath, too so maybe don't change that one. Lightning Breath is overpowered anyway.
I'm pretty much happy with Chaos Channels even without these powerful extras though. Not sure if they are really needed.

Create undead, although it sounds cool would have balance issues and would require the removal of a useful Death realm spell.

re-add Nomad Magicians as well? http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Foru...0106174159

(October 16th, 2015, 03:28)Tiltowait Wrote: re-add Nomad Magicians as well? http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Foru...0106174159

I never even removed them, nomads can build Wizard's Guilds like almost everyone else. Only Barbarians, Gnolls, Dwarves cannot, I think that's all of them.
btw good news, it seems that I succeeded in fixing autosave to actually save at the beginning of the new turn and not in the middle of the end of the previous, when a lot of stuff hasn't yet progressed, but others did, causing an inconsistent game state (some actions basically gain an extra turn and other do not)

That, and I can now harness the power of far calls!

0.65 is released!

-Barbarian hero now has 2 more thrown.
-Beastmaster hero, Mana Pool level is reduced to 1 form 2.
-Bard is now 150 gold / fame 5 hero instead of 200/10.
-Bard hero, Mana Pool level is reduced to 1 form 2.
-Druid hero now has 1 random mage ability
-Druid hero is now fame Gold 100/Fame 0, as it isn't any stronger than Beastmaster anymore, just different.
-Illusionist now has a level 5 Mana Pool instead of level 3.
-Necromancer now has Super Arcane Power, 1 level higher mana pool, Sage and Noble, but no random abilities. Mage random abilties grant a bunch of stuff you wouldn't expect on a Necromacer like Prayermaster or Lucky or Charmed...
-Huntress is now 150 gold / fame 5 hero instead of 100/5.
-AI combat spellcasting priority : Healing spells now receive “C type” base priority instead of none at all. (C Type means highest priority when facing an equal strength army, and boosted priority in all cases except when at an extremely bad situation). This should make the AI use healing more frequently in situations when certain spells receive a big base priority (like direct damage in case of “overwhelming advantage”)
-Summon Champion now costs 500 because the higher exp rewards make heroes have much better potential even in late game.
-Autosave now happens at the beginning of the new turn instead of in the middle of the end turn process.
-War Bears now costs 55 to summon and 1 to maintain.
-Werewolves now cost 125 to create and 2 to maintain.
-AI wizards will not try casting Spell of Return if their skill is below 25 instead of below 40. This should make it somewhat less likely for one AI to premanently eliminate another at start.
-Attacking a wizard's capital (and losing) is now a -40 diplomatic action instead of -60. The latter often caused an overflow if the target was lawful which doubled it, turning the negative change into a huge positive one.
-Famous now costs 1 pick
-Runemaster now costs 2 picks but does not require any books.
-AI now gets Runemaster for 2 picks and Famous for 1.
-Famous and Runemaster now have the new cost when found in treasure.
-Infernal and Divine Power are now merged into one retort and does not require books to get. The new retort name is “Cult Leader”
-New retort : “Guardian”. The wizard's units gain +1 to hit, +1 to defend and +1 resistance when defending the wizard's cities. Guardian costs 2 picks. Guardian does not have any book requirements. Guardian does not cast the Prayer spell and is cumulative with it. The stats gained being identical is just a coincidence.
-New retorts no longer need Life/Death books when finding them in treasure.
-All wizards now have a chance weighted as 1 to select the Pragmatist personality.
-Cult Leader now only grants a weight 2 chance for the personality Maniacal while the Infernal Power it is replacing had 4.
-Myrran now adds 1 weight to Pragmatist instead of 1 weight to Chaotic.
-Life Wizards are now allowed to be Maniacal. Death Wizards are now allowed to be Peaceful.
-Conjurer now adds 2 weight to Pragmatist instead of Perfectionist.
-Warlord now grants 3 weight to Militarist and 1 to Expansionist instead of 2 and 3.
-Sorcery Mastery now grants 1 weight to Pragmatist instead of Militarist.
-Node Mastery bonus is no longer cumulative with the Sorcery/Chaos/Nature Mastery node bonus. It is still cumulative with events and other modifiers though.
-Adjusted AI spell trading preferences (for example Spell Binding is now liked because the AI can use it)
-Fixed bug : Number of lairs to generate was set 1 higher than the supported maximum.
-Builder's Hall now grants 50% bonus to housing.
-Sawmill no longer grants bonus to housing.
-Fixed bug : Berserk sets the unit's defense value to -20 instead of zero, which causes a crash at the end of turn when the AI tries to calculate the value of units. As a side effect, it might be possible to raise defense with effects that get applied later than Berserk.
-AI unit value defense calculation : negative value is now treated as 0 for additional safety.
-Alchemy : maximum amount you can transfer at once is now 10000 mana/gold.
-Scoring screen now shows the new wizard portraits (if that option is installed)

Highlights :
-Fixed the overland crash bug caused by berserk.
-Autosave now saves at the correct timing, at the real end of turn, not in-between various end-of-turn tasks.
-Fixed bug of getting a huge diplomacy bonus for losing a battle at a lawful wizard's fortress. Was caused by the penalty being so harsh that it caused an overflow, turning the negative number into a positive. If this happens in any other situation as well, let me know.
-AI is now able to have a pragmatist objective
-Node Mastery is not cumulative with other Masteries for 4x power from nodes. It is cumulative with events only.
-Fixed bug of trying to generate 1 more lair than the possible maximum.
-You can transfer up to 10k mana or gold with Alchemy at once instead of 999.
-Infernal and Divine Power are merged and have no book requirement
-Famous costs 1, Runemaster costs 2 but requires no books
-There is a new retort : Guardian, the wizard's units get a buff when defending their own cities.

By the way, I noticed while playing that Bad and Good Moon grant a 50% bonus to your temples if you have both Life and Death books. Although I expected them to cancel out for no bonus at all, this isn't the case and if thinking about it, this makes sense : Assuming half your temples are evil and the other half are good, you should get 0.5*0.5+0.5*2=1.5 times the power.
I don't intend to change this behavior.

0.5*0.5+0.5*2=0.25+1=1.25 wink

Guardian sounds interesting. I get attacked more often than attacking myself - at least that's my impression.

(October 19th, 2015, 11:29)Lucean Wrote: 0.5*0.5+0.5*2=0.25+1=1.25 wink

True. I guess the common sense formula does not match the game formula then (which is really 50%, the calculation is simply +100% for good and -50% for bad temples, both together is +50%) but it's close enough. I don't think it's worth an hour or two to change it.

Meanwhile...I've made a new change. I'm going to release it because I think it might be important enough.

Spell of Mastery is now 4 times harder to research.
The accelerated growth and good power availability did not work well with the default cost.

Any RP you generate while researching it is now cut down to 25%. Additionally, any RP you used on researching other spells will only be 25% as effective at reducing the cost as before.

Quote:0.65b
-Optional default wizards : Seravy now has no chaos books, and Archmage instead of Node Mastery
-Optional default wizards : Patchouli now has Sage Master instead of Archmage and a different set of books (3/3/3/1/1 instead of 3/3/1/2/2)
-Optional default wizards : Clow Reed has Runemaster instead of Conjurer
-Optional default wizards : Satori has Conjurer instead of Chaneller and no longer has Death books.
-Research put towards obtaining Spell of Mastery directly is 4 times less effective. With the abundance of power and research sources, getting it was way too easy, only taking ~20 turns after getting the last very rare spell. The RP gained from the Stroke of Genius event is not reduced, so it will still be a significant boost to your research.
-Researched spells reduce the cost of researching Spell of Mastery 4 times less (1/8th of the spells's cost used as reduction)
-AI will no longer put 70% of power towards research if Spell of Mastery is being researched, instead it'll follow the normal distribution rules.

By the way...in my last game I got the impression that heroes might be too powerful, especially when used by a Life wizard with Raise Dead and Resurrection. It might have been only because I wasn't playing the highest two difficulties and had time to go around and collect exp and treasure from the entire world while maintaining peace, though.
What is everyone's experience with heroes? Are they too good? About right? Too weak? Are there any particular spells that are too powerful when used on them (or their items)?

Life is about making other units better, so it seems to be right. You can get completely devastated by heroes, when they got a nice item through a merchant or ruin. I think the removed Magic Immunity did help a lot in toning down some of the most difficult heroes to handle as opposition.

Yes, heroes is overpowered. magic immunity on items, + flying ..., + additional movement... And -save items...
i have tendence to kill everything by heroes... for exp.

I tried out the latest version, here are my thoughts :

-I like most of the changes, but i thought that certain stuff like removing giant strength and stone skin was unnecessary. They were decent buffs for multi figure units, and i never had trouble affording the casting skill or mana upkeep.

-Removal of mana upkeep for what seems to be most/all buffs was unnecessary IMHO, buffs were already very powerful and allowing you to spam them all over the place without worrying about upkeep is too OP. Past the early game, once i have spare mana, i can throw buffs on every unit i want.

-Does the new range penalty system affect magical ranged attacks? If not, it should, it is very easy to lose an entire unit to magical ranged attacks in the first round before you can even do anything. 3 ghouls (which are hardly powerful ranged attackers) can one shot a 6 figure unit in one turn easily from across the map

-Something seems extremely buggy about heroes. I got Serena pretty early on, but i noticed that for some reason she was only capable of killing a single figure per turn when attacking low def units like phantom warriors and werewolves, even though she had 21 ranged attack. This happened when firing from 2 tiles away.

-Phantom warriors need 2 movement IMHO, i attacked a node with phantom warriors and easily cleared them all out with just two units of longbows. They were simply too slow to make me worry. In the vanilla game, i modded all units to have a minimum speed of 2 and it worked much better.

-I cleared the above sorcery node and i got an accessory with +5 attack and +2 def. This is WAY too powerful for that level of difficulty. I then cleared a tower with 3 ghouls and 4 werewolves, and got an amulet with +4 attack, +15 spell skill, cloak of fear and guardian wind. My low level hero had 10 defence and easily tanked the were wolves, so it was a piece of cake. I think heroes are too powerful at the moment, athough i do agree that they should be more powerful without needing to wait till you have items.

-The AI should prioritize the closest, weakest target with their melee units. Right now they attempt to walk around enemy melee units if they are too strong for them, which lets them get free attacks in from first strike, fire breath, etc and is very exploitable. If they can move and attack, then they should do so unless its sucidal, because they will be sitting ducks during the enemy's next turn if they move next to a melee unit and then stop.

-On a tiny map, i went to Myrror and found this weird collection of lairs....not sure if intended?

-Is it possible to change the map generation settings so that the minimum land mass remains the same regardless of the world size chosen? I want to play on a smaller map, but with larger islands/continents (less water overall). When i tried changing magic.exe with the tweaker to do that though, the game would sometimes freeze during map generation....not sure if that's what caused it though.

-I cleared a lair with 1 war bear, and i got a nature's eye spell in return? Seems too high. In general, lairs and treasure generation seem broken now, i kept getting very weak lairs (Warbears/sprites) that were generating ridiculously high levels of treasure.

-Marcus shouldnt have doombolt, and it also blocks him from using his normal spells

-Magicians having magic immunity is way overkill

-For some reason the AI seems to ignore lairs right next to them...Jafar went straight for the nearest tower and refused to touch the 3 lairs near him, and he also refused to build most of the buildings in his fortress city.

-Fantastic units should have their mana upkeep reduced IMHO, i mean why pay 2 mana for war bears when a unit of halbrediers is better and much cheaper? It is way easier to generate gold than mana.

-For some reason i can no longer cast holy weapon in combat

-Removing disenchant area had one side effect : you can no longer dispel combat enchantments like prayer. Maybe put it back in, but make it only dispel those enchantments while leaving unit enchantments alone?

-I think it would be better if there were MORE slider boosting spells actually, as it lets players choose how powerful they want it to be. This is especially good for debuffs...a static resistance penalty is often too high or low for the target. Overall i think resists are still too high...playing as high elves, my cavalry easily hit 10 resistance which made them immune to poison attacks and anything that didnt have a modifier.

-If possible, can you make poison attacks capable of apply a resistance penalty? Would solve the problem of poison being useless against anything except low level units.

-I'm not sure why, but even though ice bolt is supposedly a strength 30 attack, it often does nothing to a low level unit. Does it roll to hit for each strength level, or only once for the whole attack? If it's the latter, that means it does absolutely nothing 70% of the time which is terrible...compared to a normal unit attacking with 30 strength.

-Some minor typos : Cathedrals and Sages guild need a space after the bonus number. The stables also does not show that it allows you to build cavalry until you have also built the fighter's guild.

-The build queue shows pegasi with scouting IV, but the actual unit appears to have scouting 3? IMHO pegasi need a better ranged attack or else they are just weaker, flying elven lords. Personally i would swap their melee and strength numbers around, so they have 3 melee and 5 ranged.

-IMHO all debuffs should require a resistance roll, except for those that soley reduce resistance. Being able to instantly debuff a unit with no chance to resist is just too OP imho. Crack's call should just do a normal magical attack as well (that it rolls to hit) instead of a 75% chance of doing no damage.

-Units that can teleport and attack need to be nerfed so that they cant just teleport and attack twice, instantly one shotting units with no chance to do anything. E.G. Reduce the Djinn's MP to 2.

-If possible, can you give high elves a healer unit of some kind? Otherwise it just takes forever for them to heal.

-I would suggest changing nodes so that spells of other realms cost more to cast, but have a 100% chance of success. RNG based spell fizzle is incredibly annoying.

-I would also suggest making outposts have a 100% growth rate to cut down on RNG.

-The AI diplomatic relations seem much better, until Merlin settled a city near one of my nodes and then he proceeded to declare war on me a few days later. Then Ariel did the same thing a few turns later, and it was back to the standard "everyone hates you no matter what you do" diplomatic system.

-The food icon for upkeep is still showing as 1 food per unit, not sure if thats something you can fix though.

-Alchemy needs a buff IMHO, it's the only retort that is largely replicated by a building that everyone has easy access to. No other retort provides a benefit that can be so easily replicated. The transmutation bonus is largely irrelevant due to how easy it is to generate gold compared to mana anyway.

-Increasing casting skill seems to take forever...maybe try changing it so that you increase casting skill for every 1x of your current skill level, instead of 2x?

-The fireball desscription for magicians still says it is using the default strength 5 attack.

-Can you make roads cut the MP cost of the terrain down to half? That way theres still a benefit to building it in grasslands.

-Caster heroes in auto combat still spam buffs like holy weapon on mage units, if its possible can you stop them from doing that?

-Instead of being able to skip the pantheon and go straight to the cathedral, i would suggest being able to build the pantheon from the temple, then making the pantheon the cathedral requirement. Otherwise it is not very intuitive to be able to skip to the cathedral.

-Why does it take almost 20 turns to build the first granary? It seems that your first city is terrible at producing anything until you get the first sawmill up and running.

-Is it possible to make the mithril/admantinium bonuses more intuitive? It is very odd that you can't simply give old units new weapons after gaining access to them, and it discourages hiring mercenaries because they can never benefit from those weapons.

Loved the fixes in general, would it be possible to release a fix only patch at some point?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:-I like most of the changes, but i thought that certain stuff like removing giant strength and stone skin was unnecessary. They were decent buffs for multi figure units, and i never had trouble affording the casting skill or mana upkeep.
Maybe, but the space was necessary to add new spells. Nature's lack of early combat summons despite being the summoning realm felt wrong.

Quote:-Does the new range penalty system affect magical ranged attacks?
Magical attack never were, nor are affected by any range penalty.
If you have problems with this, use fast moving units like cavalry and you can take out the ranged attackers with only losing 1-2 cheap units. You can also try casting Resist Elements, it protects from most types of such attacks, them being Chaos or Nature type 90% of the time. Bless should work too.

Quote: I got Serena pretty early on, but i noticed that for some reason she was only capable of killing a single figure per turn when attacking low def units like phantom warriors and werewolves, even though she had 21 ranged attack.
I tested this right now and my 20 magical attack hero (wasn't Serena though) killed 6-7 figures of a Phantom Warriors unit in every shot. There should have been something else in effect there. Did your hero have a weapon with a specific attack type, like Illusion, Death etc?

Quote:-Phantom warriors need 2 movement IMHO, i attacked a node with phantom warriors and easily cleared them all out with just two units of longbows. They were simply too slow to make me worry.
I was worried it might overpower the summon spell if you could reach further immediately after summoning but I'll change it, they aren't as powerful as I thought.

Quote:-I cleared the above sorcery node and i got an accessory with +5 attack and +2 def. This is WAY too powerful for that level of difficulty. I then cleared a tower with 3 ghouls and 4 werewolves, and got an amulet with +4 attack, +15 spell skill, cloak of fear and guardian wind.
To be honest these are rather low cost powers, it seems to be acceptable. I guess Phantom Warriors are just too easy to defeat due to their 0 def.
Werewolves on the other hand, yea, I also think their attack power might be too low, but not planning to change them for now.

Quote:-The AI should prioritize the closest, weakest target with their melee units. Right now they attempt to walk around enemy melee units if they are too strong for them, which lets them get free attacks in from first strike, fire breath, etc and is very exploitable. If they can move and attack, then they should do so unless its sucidal, because they will be sitting ducks during the enemy's next turn if they move next to a melee unit and then stop.
This one is somewhat subjective. The AI weights the ranged attack strength of potential targets, their attack compared to the target's defense, and adds extra for targets that can be reached this turn. If I had to make a guess the problem was that there is a boost for "same target as last turn" which cancels out the effect of the melee unit being in range immediately (as on turn one neither can be reached so the archer is the first target). Yep...keeping target is +4 priority, hitting this turn is +5. I'll try with +2/+6 instead.
For reference insecticide was +25 priority for hitting this turn...which was plain suicide. It's still somewhat questionable if this change is for the better, the Spearmen ignoring my Fire Elemental and killing my Magic Spirit instead actually was a good choice from them...and it was purely because the spirit was there first.

Quote:-On a tiny map, i went to Myrror and found this weird collection of lairs....not sure if intended?
The number of lairs is fixed. Smaller land = more of them in the same place.

Quote:-Is it possible to change the map generation settings so that the minimum land mass remains the same regardless of the world size chosen?
Yes, the minimum continent size is a constant. Master of Magic Editor.exe if you have it can change it. Not sure if tweaker can, maybe.

Quote:-I cleared a lair with 1 war bear, and i got a nature's eye spell in return? Seems too high. In general, lairs and treasure generation seem broken now, i kept getting very weak lairs (Warbears/sprites) that were generating ridiculously high levels of treasure.
Nature's Eye is a common spell. I actually raised the treasure points compared to the default to get spells but a common is still cheap. I think the original was the ridiculously low level of treasure, not counting bugs, the current is fair, maybe a bit on the "good" side. Need to play more to really feel it, though.

Quote:-Marcus shouldnt have doombolt, and it also blocks him from using his normal spells
Marcus is the Ranger hero, right? He doesn't have Doom Bolt, only Spell #2 and #7, Resist Elements and Sprite Dust.
Or...wait, you mean "Doombolt Spell" the unit ability? Let me check...yep, that's a bug. It was meant to be "Lucky" but I set the wrong flag.

Quote:-For some reason the AI seems to ignore lairs right next to them...Jafar went straight for the nearest tower and refused to touch the 3 lairs near him, and he also refused to build most of the buildings in his fortress city.
Still trying to decipher how AI overland movement works, but the AI does look at the power of lairs so I assume those 3 were too strong to try.
About buildings, maybe he had a race that couldn't build them? Or a personalty that prefers making units. Or the difficulty was too low, and you got there too early, I don't know.

Quote:-Fantastic units should have their mana upkeep reduced IMHO, i mean why pay 2 mana for war bears when a unit of halbrediers is better and much cheaper? It is way easier to generate gold than mana.
I've actually reduced them for most units. War Bears should be 1 since 0.65.

Quote:-For some reason i can no longer cast holy weapon in combat
Because it's now an overland only spell. Most people aren't aware, but it had absolutely no effect if cast in combat, as the effect was only applied when starting the battle. At least that's what the wiki says but the code seems to work that way.

Quote:-Removing disenchant area had one side effect : you can no longer dispel combat enchantments like prayer. Maybe put it back in, but make it only dispel those enchantments while leaving unit enchantments alone?
Nah, that's an intended side effect. Why would they need to be possible to dispel by all wizards? What's the point of spells that can be easily neutralized from taking effect?

Quote:-I think it would be better if there were MORE slider boosting spells actually, as it lets players choose how powerful they want it to be.
Problem with sliders :
-Most spells using them were always the best when the slider was full (or empty). You had choices but only one was the correct one and it was almost always the same one.
-It made spells much stronger than their rarity should allow.

Quote:Overall i think resists are still too high...playing as high elves
High Elves are a high resistance race. Not the top one, but among the better ones.

Quote:-If possible, can you make poison attacks capable of apply a resistance penalty? Would solve the problem of poison being useless against anything except low level units.
Resistance penalties are a bit of a broken effect, would not want it to be that common. A few points of resistance makes the difference between that 1000 mana summoned unit being vulnerable to instant death for 40 mana or not.

Quote:-I'm not sure why, but even though ice bolt is supposedly a strength 30 attack, it often does nothing to a low level unit. Does it roll to hit for each strength level, or only once for the whole attack?
Did you target something with Cold Immunity perhaps? It should works as normal, 30 rolls with 30% chance to hit each.

Quote:-The build queue shows pegasi with scouting IV, but the actual unit appears to have scouting 3?
The build queue seems to use an entirely different display procedure than the unit display everywhere else. Which can cause inconsistencies as I only fixed these things in one place. The correct one is what you see on the built unit.

Quote:-If possible, can you give high elves a healer unit of some kind? Otherwise it just takes forever for them to heal.
Recruit Serena. Build an Animist's Guild. Cast Stream of Life. Did I miss something?
High Elves are already among the better races, don't want to buff them further.

Quote:-I would suggest changing nodes so that spells of other realms cost more to cast, but have a 100% chance of success.
That's impossible. The spell cost procedure does not receive the location as a parameter. In fact, there is no guarantee there is a combat ongoing, spells can be cast overland too.

Quote:-The AI diplomatic relations seem much better, until Merlin settled a city near one of my nodes and then he proceeded to declare war on me a few days later. Then Ariel did the same thing a few turns later, and it was back to the standard "everyone hates you no matter what you do" diplomatic system.
You can always choose to leave the node with your units and maintain peace. Sometimes it's worth losing a few points of power for that.
Unfortunately there is a built-in system to make the AI hate you over time, but I'm trying to make Peaceful and Lawful wizards not use that system for the next version.
Forming a pact or alliance helps relations stay stable on the longer term...as long as you stay away from the area in a radius of 2 near their cities.
By the way, you can prevent such settlements from happening if you either build a town there first, or at least have one unit (a spearmen will do) stay on the cells where a new town is possible...assuming there are only a few of those between the other towns.

Quote:-The food icon for upkeep is still showing as 1 food per unit, not sure if thats something you can fix though.
Well, it's hard to show 1/2 with icons so..don't think so.

Quote:-Alchemy needs a buff IMHO, it's the only retort that is largely replicated by a building that everyone has easy access to. No other retort provides a benefit that can be so easily replicated. The transmutation bonus is largely irrelevant due to how easy it is to generate gold compared to mana anyway.
Good to hear this, other people think it's overpowered. I actually think it's pretty well balanced now. The selling point is that you get those magical weapons on turn 1, not when you build the alchemist guild. converting mana is also useful, I pretty often do that and getting double is always good. Gold might be plentiful but I almost always managed to spend the excess on units or buildings if I don't need it all for mana.

Quote:-Increasing casting skill seems to take forever...maybe try changing it so that you increase casting skill for every 1x of your current skill level, instead of 2x?
I think this is good the way it is. You can get much more power and much earlier, so increasing skill isn't that hard anymore. There are also spells and events that help increasing it.

Quote:-The fireball desscription for magicians still says it is using the default strength 5 attack.
Need to fix that, then.

Quote:-Can you make roads cut the MP cost of the terrain down to half? That way theres still a benefit to building it in grasslands.
That would be...quite difficult to do, if at all possible. I rather not even try.
The benefit is the gold bonus.

Quote:-Caster heroes in auto combat still spam buffs like holy weapon on mage units, if its possible can you stop them from doing that?

Buffs basically check if the target already has it or not, is valid, and that's it. All of them are handled in the same, small code part so this isn't very possible.
As you research better stuff, like Lionheart or Invulnerabilty, it won't happen because those will be selected instead, being better.

Quote:Loved the fixes in general, would it be possible to release a fix only patch at some point?
Yes I plan to do that as soon as I manage to fix everything I still want to (especially AI's bad overland movement habits. )