As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Jhsidi>
I have seen that healing bug at least 3 times, I havn't managed to replicate it in any of my attempts. So I kinda just convinced myself that I was way too tired and had probably just seen wrong..
(He. Glad that it wasn't just me seeing weird things in my sleep deprived state, phew)
And I figured that I would report it once I found out how to replicate it smile

If you enter your game folder there is auto-savegames of each turn named "TURNxxx.SAV". Just pick the one from the turn before and rename.

(August 16th, 2021, 17:51)Mqz Wrote: Jhsidi>
I have seen that healing bug at least 3 times, I havn't managed to replicate it in any of my attempts. So I kinda just convinced myself that I was way too tired and had probably just seen wrong..
(He. Glad that it wasn't just me seeing weird things in my sleep deprived state, phew)
And I figured that I would report it once I found out how to replicate it smile

If you enter your game folder there is auto-savegames of each turn named "TURNxxx.SAV". Just pick the one from the turn before and rename.

Same, I kept thinking I was imagining things.

I thought the auto save from each turn was from the beginning of the turn? I needed one from the end as my bowman had gotten injured in a battle right before the endturn.

231. Fixed for the next version to display the grey icon. Yes, it should work overland.
232. Fixed for the next update.
233. As far as I remember, sorting by rarity is only a feature when the spellbooks are sorted by realm. When sorted by spell type, they appear in the order they are in the spell data table. This is too insignificant to fix right now as it's not trivial, either new sorting has to be added or the spells have to be physically swapped around in the spell data table.
234. Yes, intentional.
235. Removed "Their". "*100" would only be necessary if the sentence said "percentage" but it does not. 
236. Bug, the AI works fine but the variable used to set the type of ward is handled inconsistently. The human UI sets the actual ward enchantment ID in the variable, but the AI sets the realm ID. So the AI ends up with city enchantment 1-5 instead of the actual ward spells. Probably broke when the spell got fixed for the human player during alpha or something like that. Fixed for the next update.
237. Made the win/lose functions clear the item so it shouldn't happen in the next version.
238. Agreed, the AI will not cast it during Time Stop anymore.
239. Bug, Heroes shouldn't be valid targets for Animate Dead. Fixed for the next update.
240. I agree, which one doesn't?

Shift must always be held to use a melee attack instead of ranged. The automatic swapping from the DOS version was eliminated as there is no guarantee the melee attack does any damage either. (ground unit vs flying for example)

241. It's all about the probabilities. Any setting that has a reasonably possible chance to roll the required number of wizards despite the forced change to Myrran not triggering should work fine. It's only freezing where the probability to roll the correct result is too close to zero, like 13 Myrran wizards.

242. Got one freeze. It was stuck on generating nodes which matches your log files - nodes are next after towers.
It tries to place 2 nodes. The map is 13x13 size. The invalid area is 3 tiles on each side so 7x7 is the area that can be used.
The minimal distance between nodes is 4 tiles (due to the aura).
If the first node is placed on the center tile of the map, the second node canno be placed anywhere, as a ranged of 3 covers exactly 7x7 tiles.
Not sure how to solve this other than forcing the map to always be at least 15x15 in size so I'll go with that for now.

243. It checks minerals+maximal population. So you can have many ores in crappy desert terrain like that. Doesn't seem to be a bug.

245. Fixed the other ores in the next update. They have to set the third kind of enchantment flag and needed a new script command to do that.
8 spells are normal, now that the chance to roll is fixed. It was abnormally low in previous versions.
Animated was also setting the wrong Undead flag so the effect didn't propagate until two stat recalculations were done instead of the expected one.

Regeneration bug : confirmed, the Regen effect applied to the wrong unit.

246. No good solution exists for this. Placing it to global effects would imply it affects everyone, including the caster and it doesn't show who owns the spell that way. Placing it to the player's side makes it not appear when the player is not in the battle.

(August 16th, 2021, 18:19)Seravy Wrote: 231. Fixed for the next version to display the grey icon. Yes, it should work overland.

Re:  Eternal night:

I'm seeing that the caster's normal units also have the -1 resistance penalty.  Is this intended?

(August 16th, 2021, 19:16)mshih Wrote:
(August 16th, 2021, 18:19)Seravy Wrote: 231. Fixed for the next version to display the grey icon. Yes, it should work overland.

Re:  Eternal night:

I'm seeing that the caster's normal units also have the -1 resistance penalty.  Is this intended?

No, that's a bug too.

If you add sorting for spells, please add for units too.

221. Fixed for the next update. Floating Islands should never show up in combat.
222. Fixed for the next update.
224. Yes, intentional.

227. Angel is a bug, should be -1.
Divine Order applies the 10% to both global enchantments and combat enchantments, that's why it's "other".
Combat enchantments are sometimes called combat global enchantments but I'm not sure that's used consistently and just saying "global enchantments" would imply the overland type only.
Focus magic : bug due to different handling of ranged/thrown in data in the windows version, made thrown get converted again.

However, on units that have both a ranged attack and a thrown attack which is now possible (through modding), it will not convert thrown.
I've also updated it to buff the breath attacks even if the unit also has a ranged/thrown attack to convert or buff since this is now also possible. I don't think it's normally possible for the unit to have breath and ranged without modding but better be safe.
Oh and the text doesn't mention but it also buffs doom gaze so I'll add that too.

Zero upkeep : If upkeep is not listed, that implies zero. Intentional.

I can't create a artefact in 1.01.02. The "ok" button doesn't confirm the action. I restart the game and works...  crazyeye

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ahh.. That look familiar.. Let me see, yes.. That is easy to replicate.
You have renamed your item to "Sword of Avalan", and if the "cursor" is stilling blinking in the rename square (yellow "│" at the end of the name), you just have to press enter to finish naming the item.
(In the picture you can see, that you are still naming your item because of the yellow item name color, changes to white-ish when you press enter.)
Untill you press enter you can't press the [OK] button with the mouse. Restart makes no difference..

Happens always when renaming and with all items.