As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

5 Player Themed Pitboss: Signup Thread

The game on PBSpy is showing as offline, so it won't let me reload. It's been doing that periodically and usually resolves itself, but I'm not sure if I'll be back at my PC in time. I can check from my phone later potentially. I've added Superdeath as another admin option on PBSpy. It would probably be good to have an actual player or two on there as well for quicker response - have any of you managed games/reloads on PBSpy before and would feel comfortable doing it?

I've sent a message to Zulan. This issue seems near-constant with this game and is preventing any changes.

I've not done it but if you tell me how it works I'd be comfortable to.

As I understand the server saves at everyone's login and logout and in this case we'd load at either Magic's T17 logout or Gav's T17 login which should be the same. Then I'll log in to set tech and after that Gav can replay T17 and everyone who has played T18 can also replay that.

Btw the game seems to come up online but only for a moment and then goes offline again.

(June 23rd, 2024, 07:33)thrawn Wrote: Btw, game shows online now.

It's done this a bunch of times, and it immediately goes back to offline. I've tried a few times and got 500 errors each time. Something is off on the config side for this game, so we're going to have to hope Zulan can figure it out.

So, I reached out to Zulan. He said he can look into it, but that it might be "July" before he could do so. As a result, there's currently no way to do a reload for the game. PBSpy is the only method, and something is misconfigured because the game management screen is either 1) inaccessible due to appearing offline or 2) throws 500 errors anytime you try.

Unfortunately, it appears your options are to pause some unknown length of time - at least 1 week - or to live with the issue. I'm hoping Zulan is indeed able to look into this and figure out a solution because even if you do eat this, at SOME point a reload will be necessary. But in the meantime, this is all I can offer. I have compared the PBSpy config side-by-side with PB77 (which is running fine), and there are no visible differences, so there must be a misconfiguration server-side.

I'm actually going on vacation tomorrow and next few days will be very hard to play so a small pause would be double good... But it depends on how you guys feel and if you are enjoying the summer or want to press on. Any way I can make it up to you if you are happy to wait a bit?

Well I wouldn’t mind some time to catch up, but I haven’t been regular turnplayer.

(June 23rd, 2024, 16:57)thrawn Wrote: I'm actually going on vacation tomorrow and next few days will be very hard to play so a small pause would be double good... But it depends on how you guys feel and if you are enjoying the summer or want to press on. Any way I can make it up to you if you are happy to wait a bit?

vacation photos, and you can doordash some food to me.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I am not bothered by waiting. Might be an opportunity for me to finally report.
Scooter, would it mess up reload opportunities if I log in and out several times during pause to look around and grab screenshots?

A week or more seems like a long time to wait for such a small issue, but if you will be on vacation anyway, and since we will need to have the ability to reload eventually...
Waiting for a little while is alright with me.
Happy vacation.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!