As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FFH PBEM3?

Mardoc Wrote:I've found the best way to attract lurkers is to post often, with pictures and smilies, and include topics of discussion - not 'I've done this' but 'I've done this because', or to attempt to describe the rules and turn out to be wrong. If you can pull off a clever naming scheme or piece of fiction, that's even better, because there's no chance of a lurker spilling info on a topic like that. Consult Selrahc and Pocketbeetle's threads for examples here smile.

Now, if you want to attract lurkers to their thread instead of yours, all you need is to be hilariously wrong about someone's intentions - 'nah, I'm sure Nyktorion would never attack me' when your stack hits my borders next turn, for instance lol.

So I've got at least two things right already; updating every turn, and using lots of pics smile Maybe I can also get started on some of the other points (like my stack next to your borders lol)

Square Leg Wrote:Hey Thoth,

If you would like a DL I'm happy to help you out.

smile Sounds good.

Since Mr. Yellow is also looking for a ded lurk, perhaps Ravus Sol could help him out?

All those fancy words, pictures and scheme may be good to attract lurkers... but as i want to be a Dedicated Lurker for someone it means if i read one thread then i'm with them for good :-p

Mr Yellow, you are doing Bannor correct? I dub thee my lurkee if thy will comply!

Bannor can allways bring some fun into a game.

Ravus Sol Wrote:All those fancy words, pictures and scheme may be good to attract lurkers... but as i want to be a Dedicated Lurker for someone it means if i read one thread then i'm with them for good :-p

Not for good....just until the game is over. smile

I'm afraid I cannot make it to Saturday's blitz session, because I am now certain to have other plans (involving the local chess club where I play) in that time frame.

All right, then I'll plan to sleep in Saturday morning. At least our game is moving along at a good pace overall.

I'm up, aren't I? I'll grab it as soon as work's over.

Damn, that's too bad.

Thanks for letting us know in advance Nyktorion.

Well, there is still sunday however, if you all are availible then.

I can do Sunday.

Thanks for letting us know Nyktorion.

Sunday is fine with me.