As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM29 Greens Tech Thread

What turn is the game up to now? I looked at Kuro's thread but details are thin.

I had to check my thread to find out, but it should be T23 for your team. You play last, so when you send on the save it will begin T24.

This is your mission, should you choose to accept it.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Does someone have Kuro's PW and the save? I'll take a look and try to get the game moving again.

dazedroyalty at gmail

No idea about Kuro's password, that would certainly lead to trouble in the wrong hands bash

I've sent you the last email save I had previously sent to Kuro. I think Commodore had requested each team's password at the outset, but you'd have to ask him if Kuro had complied with the request. If not he or someone may have to do a PBEM -> pitboss -> AI takeover -> new human takeover with new a password for your civ (or whatever the process is, I'm probably missing some steps having never done it).

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Yes, that's the process, PBEM -> pitboss -> kick to AI -> new human takeover, then Civ will prompt to set a new password, then you can save from Pitboss and load as PBEM again.

If the "AI Takeover" option was not set at game start, the AI civ won't be available to select when connecting to Pitboss. To fix that, you need a patched DLL, which I have available here: http://www.dos486.com/civ4/CvGameCoreDLL...keover.zip

Alternatively, you could ask Kuro for the pw and an official handover, he hasn't completely disappeared has he?

Alternatively alternatively, Mist has a program that can do MD5 password cracking, so getting the password directly from that might be easier than the whole Pitboss process.

Thanks, T-Hawk! Well, it turns out, there is no PW. Can I put a password on to the save mid-way through the game? I've never had to do that before.

I'll need a day to catch up, figure out stuff and play.

I believe diplo is on in this game, yes? So, feel free to email me at the above noted address. I don't think I have everyone's contact info.

I think you can set a password from the "Your Details" item from the Escape menu in-game. If not, there's no harm in leaving it blank; only risk is that the player before you comes in to spy on your civ. Presumably that hasn't happened, and it's possible anyway for a sufficiently determined player via that same Pitboss method.

Well oddly enough Kuro just emailed me following up on a diplo deal we had ongoing...so I'm not sure if he did that just to follow through with an agreed upon deal or if he is unaware of these ongoing actions. I'm going to email him and ask him to visit this tech thread.

Hey Dazed, no need to read a bunch of stuff in Kuro's thread. The diplo update is that your civ was about to go to always war with Sian and Catwalk smile j/k

Thanks for moving the save.

Agreed. Welcome to the game. Two turns a week was getting desperately dull. Even if you steamroll (please don't :neenernee), thanks for joining us!

Oh, btw, Kuro had agreed to an always peace with Republicans strategy. Just thought I'd mention that.

Good luck!