As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

No, Ranged attacks with haste should consume 2 ammo and hit twice.

B15: My 1 figure Ghouls (Schrödinger's cat) stepped into AI city through Wall of Fire. Apparently it both died and not in the same time. It became invisible. I could still move it.
GhoulFireWall.sav

S20: “"Neutral player" doesn't have a turn so they don't get experience.”
This is not intuitive since neutral players move on the map too. How can they not have a turn but move once per turn? Also, conceptually they are players like everyone else. They are just without a wizard.
“I think that's fine, as it helps players know the level of the units guarding the city more accutately (Barracks/War College = that many levels). As long as the units did have the levels they were supposed to get at the start of the game from those buildings, it's ok.”
There is a excitement/fun when attacking a Neutral city where the defender’s levels are not fully known and not identical. The battle becomes more tactical, requires more mental effort, instead of the boring point and click to kill them all with no need to pay attention to order. When the battle is on, it used to prompt for deeper decision making which unit to fight first. The high defense high attack unit or the low defense low attack one but high probability of successfully killing it. You just removed this fun feature from the original MOM. I propose bringing this back, at least as an option to play by the old rules on this issue.

S24. “There is a scoring option for this. Use it if you want that feature.” Targeting Aid. Thanks. I propose changing the scoring modifier. Make it included by default with 1x. Player can opt out by clicking the box from using it that gives 1.1x modifier. Rationale: it is not to be expected from the typical players to play without such help. If they play without help, they get bonus points, rather than penalty for using it. 1x is the default and recommended setting in general.

S31. “The score multiplier is calculated from the map size. Larger map = higher multiplier. Map size depends on a whole lot of settings and isn't simple enough to display it there.”
There is a numeric Total score. But how was it calculated? For example 324. If I divide it by all those multipliers it is 992.8. But where is that number coming from? It should be displayed and labeled such as base score or something. Without this, the score is a mystery.

S32. “2 units should reduce unrest by 1 not 2. Bug?” I don’t think it is a bug. It is more like a mystery how unrest and its suppression works. For example, when a city size grows by 1 it gives 1 more rebel, when it grows by 1 more, it grows a worker. My hypothesis is that the Unrest % gets rounded down in each city. Then comes the suppression in integers. Say 55% of 5 citizens 2.75, gives 2 rebels. Then 2 units suppress 1 of those, finalizing to 1 rebel. Racial penalty is also applied just like this. Is this how it works?

S33. When my walking unit steps into AI’s Wall of Fire, it takes damage, but when it comes out it does not take damage. It would be better to apply damage both ways every time crossing fire.

Does Wall of Fire damage apply even when melee defending through Fire?

Does city wall defense bonus apply when unit is melee attacking through it from inside?

Attached Files
.zip   GhoulFireWall.zip (Size: 101.82 KB / Downloads: 2)

(September 4th, 2021, 13:46)WhiteMage Wrote: S20: “"Neutral player" doesn't have a turn so they don't get experience.”
This is not intuitive since neutral players move on the map too. How can they not have a turn but move once per turn? Also, conceptually they are players like everyone else. They are just without a wizard.
“I think that's fine, as it helps players know the level of the units guarding the city more accutately (Barracks/War College = that many levels). As long as the units did have the levels they were supposed to get at the start of the game from those buildings, it's ok.”
There is a excitement/fun when attacking a Neutral city where the defender’s levels are not fully known and not identical. The battle becomes more tactical, requires more mental effort, instead of the boring point and click to kill them all with no need to pay attention to order. When the battle is on, it used to prompt for deeper decision making which unit to fight first. The high defense high attack unit or the low defense low attack one but high probability of successfully killing it. You just removed this fun feature from the original MOM. I propose bringing this back, at least as an option to play by the old rules on this issue.
 I agree. Neutrals gaining experience is part of the fun.

Doubt:
*In autocombat I saw launching a cracks call on a hell hounds. Should this happen?

*Is it possible to change the data of the "window" file to view the widescreen format (or simply double the view of the x-axis size)?

Yes, it's possible to edit window.ini to any desired size.

Crack's Call on Hell Hounds : only if you had no better unit to target.

Added exp gain for neutrals and modding option to turn it off.

B14 : There is no save file attached to the post.
I see no problem in the code so I will need the save file to find this bug.

B15 : Fixed for the next upload.

Uploaded. Please test the firewall changes, I forgot to test them before uploading.
If we find no significant new bugs, I will send this to Slitherine in 2-3 days from now.

(September 4th, 2021, 21:39)Seravy Wrote: Yes, it's possible to edit window.ini to any desired size.

How do I keep the same proportion of viewing and increase the screen on the x axis? That is, what values do I have to put in? I don't really know if it's possible.

[GameWindow]
X=200
Y=100
WIDTH=1920(?)
HEIGHT=720

(September 5th, 2021, 01:46)Seravy Wrote: Uploaded. Please test the firewall changes, I forgot to test them before uploading.
If we find no significant new bugs, I will send this to Slitherine in 2-3 days from now.

It was still the same when using the GhoulsFireWall.sav - even with the Swordsmen.

Quote:How do I keep the same proportion of viewing and increase the screen on the x axis? That is, what values do I have to put in? I don't really know if it's possible.

X and Y are the top left corner of the window.
Width and Height are the width and height in pixels.

height = width / ratio, so if you want to set any two to a specific value, you can calculate the third from that.

1920/720 would be a ratio of 2.666 or 8:3.

The default ratio is 4:3 btw so Height = 3/4 * Width.

Quote:It was still the same when using the GhoulsFireWall.sav - even with the Swordsmen.
You are right, I put the line that fixes the bug into the attack function instead of the movement one. Fixed for the next upload (probably won't have time until Tuesday).

B14 save file attached. PopLoss.sav. I found out that RB rejects all .sav files. So I zip them in.

B16: Wrong Logic: I attacked 5 Gorgons in Tower with a Spearmen. I casted Confusion on one of them. I fled. I lost 1 fame due to the Gorgon being on my side in that turn. ConfuseGorgonFlee.sav

B17: Wrong graphics can come up on overland map near the poles. Click Cartographer, scroll down all the way, Close. It shows a black area on the top and water below that. PoleGraphics.sav

S34. Press Shift+C. Map coordinates do not match on Arcanus and Myrror. Arcanus has 48 rows and columns. Myrror has 44 rows and columns. How is this even possible?
It was also strange that the coordinates of towers did not match in the 2 planes. And their graphical display shifted as I changed between the Planes. They were not under each other in the UI. They used to be on the same place. Shifting planes should not change the view where the tower is. Coordinates.sav

S35. Change Tax rates to 1%, 10%, 19%, 28%, 37%, 46%, 55% to make it linear, hence intuitive.

S36. Add map to diplomacy similar to how the battle shows. Very useful if an ally asking me to join their war.

S37. When a Wizard defeats another, add it to Chancellor’s report. It is significant enough.

S38. When a Wizard is defeated, use Strikethrough character on its name in History Graph just to display more clearly which curve is which.

Attached Files
.zip   4ffiles.zip (Size: 268.41 KB / Downloads: 1)

B16 : The unit was yours when it died. So you lose fame. Not a bug.
S34 : Planes are not equal in size as they are adapted to wizard distribution and settings. This is a feature.

Will look at the other bugs on Tuesday.