As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(September 8th, 2021, 09:04)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Lo pan cast survival instinct and doom mastery with wrong image, with a book instead of horses or monsters. I believe that nameless cities were also his.
It should say "Lo Pan has bound ... Doom Mastery" instead of "Lo Pan has cast".
*Yes, I think this change is appropriate.

*I take this opportunity to leave a suggestion: it could have an interface for key changes, which would say what is currently configured. It would probably look good inside the "Familiar - F12".

(September 8th, 2021, 09:04)Seravy Wrote: We'll need more default city names ...

Sometimes there were too few in Vanilla already. How many names per race would we need now? Maybe we could make a city name collection thread for the default races.

I have no idea how many cities can fit in the largest map. It's roughly 130x130x2 tiles but that includes water.
It's enough for 2080 cities without sea, including sea probably a third of that, so about 700?

50 names * 14 races = 700 names so 50 per race should be good enough.

You assume the 700 cities are equally split among all races, which is very unlikely. Question? Could a small script be made which combines two small word bits? This would allow a LOT of city names with little space.

For example (barbarians)

List 1:
Hammer
Axe

List 2:
Forge
Fist

Possible names (I'm sure you see where this is going):

Hammerforge
Axeforge
Hammerfist
Axefist

With this method, only 10 prefixes and 10 suffixes would provide 100 names, and 20 x 20 would provide 400. It would give a LOT more variety to default city names.

Obviously this isn't the most pressing issue of the day, but it would be a great QoL improvement if it wasn't hard to implement.

A modding option like: number of city names = 20, max. 100?, might also be a solution.

I mean, if we're just using a "list", can't the list be as long as anyone liked? All the computer needs to keep track of is its place going down each race's list of names. I believe that is exactly what it does now, which makes it seem so very repetitive.

I feel like the community could generate a list of 100+ "premade" names per race in short order, based on the amount of effort I see everyone, including myself, put into posting and feedback.

B18: This may be an overly aided AI to win battles vs neutrals or a wrong logic in AI vs neutrals auto combat. Lunatic difficulty. 1507Apr. AI’s 3 heroes, 1 Fire Giant, and 3 Gargoyles killed 4 Vampires and 1 Night Stalker without loss.

Then similar major wins for AIs with other, seemingly weak armies vs strong neutrals.

4Vampire_before.sav, 4Vampire_after.sav.

B19. AI casted Ice Bolt on my hero which turned blue. Apparently frozen. Add an icon to display this similar to Webbed. Currently it is not clear what blue color means.

B20. Spell of Return and Magic Spirit show up as Research cost 20 under Special spells. SpellofReturn.sav

B21. Darkness spell cannot be added to a new item. It shows up, but clicking it does not do anything.

B22. Hero’s added casting skill to overland spell is not displayed when I check progress. It is applied though. Bottom right of spell book only shows Wizard’s casting skill.

S40: When I load game Chancellor’s Report is lost. I recommend saving and loading that back too.

S41. Against the Worlds setting for 2x scoring modifier does not make sense if you have only 1 opponent. It should scale with number of opponent wizards in the game. 2x only if 13 opponents. Close to 1x if only 1 opponent.

S42. Magicians from different races should get different spells. Not necessarily Fireball (boring). Also, those should be displayed on the units similar to heroes.

S43. Item’s Vampiric is Life Steal. Change the name back to that. We now have Vampire who does not do Life Steal. Confusing now.

S44. Bow items have +10 To Hit option, but no +10 to Range. Sounds like applies to melee only. Change it to +10 to Range.

S45. Shield and Chain are the same in Enchant Item. Only their graphics is different. Make them somewhat different for what they can accept.

S46. I Clicked Enchant Item to start casting. I hit escape. It confirmed the order. Escape should quit and not start the spell. This can lead to accidental spellcasting and finishing an unwanted item in the same turn.

S47. Add a game option when Myrror is completely removed from the map. It would be a major time saver to finish a game in short time. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 had optional underworld too. In multiplayer, they usually turned it off.

S48. What are the exact formulas for production, food, and unrest? I can’t find them in the game, nor on your web site. These are critical. Add them to the web and if possible, to the game too.

S49. I will post the AI bugs and proposed AI improvement to the AI development thread I created. Will you read them there? Or shall I post those here too?

Attached Files
.zip   4Vampires.zip (Size: 269.76 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   SpellofReturn.zip (Size: 21.82 KB / Downloads: 0)