As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

Fair enough. How do you rate our chances of settling the stone before Azza can?

Harry, in case you missed in the tech thread:
(November 6th, 2012, 09:17)Tatan Wrote: Hey guys, so it turns out we got Mining and Mysticism as our starting techs instead of the Wheel and Mysticism (which is what RBmod supposedly changed India to). The problem is especially weird because it seems that in SP, the starting techs work just fine. How should this be resolved? A restart seems silly at this point, but I guess we'll bow to the majority.

so hope that doesnt throw too big a wrench into your C&D wink.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(November 6th, 2012, 11:20)Old Harry Wrote: Fair enough. How do you rate our chances of settling the stone before Azza can?

well we know he hasn't scouted it yet. probably his scout went south, and if my theory about him cutting us off from the mainland is correct, he'll have plenty of land to scout and won't be turning around. Possibly he went east, though.

So I'd say his expansion will probably be focused on the south. He probably has better areas to expand into south of him. but if he decides he needs stone, and sends his first warrior west rather than east, who knows.

(November 6th, 2012, 12:24)Bigger Wrote: so hope that doesnt throw too big a wrench into your C&D wink.

Only because I can't work out whose team he's on... crazyeye

Tatan is on the same team as Nakor and CFCJester. Mansa of India.

Fixed it - exposed an elementary error in the spreadsheet and doesn't change anything else...

lewwyn, when are you taking over the turns again? We were last to go, so i went ahead and played it. Probably best if you start being primary again when the WW game starts again, though (Saturday).

moved back according to Lewwyn's plan:

[Image: 1dwsV.jpg]

what do you think about a 1 turn detour to hit that PH? It reveals an extra 2-3 tiles, and more importantly will allow the warrior to bear hard to the east - we know the land wraps around the lake, and the warrior can hit azza's capital from that direction as well, but we don't know how far east the land goes, so it would be nice if the warrior doesn't have to detour to defog those tiles.

The downside is we lose a turn of no barb animal scouting. Do you know what turn barb animals will appear?

We finished mining. BW in 15 turns. Worker complete in 7. dream team is at 42 points and 2 techs. Scooter is 2 points ahead of us @ 38. the 2 financial leaders are running away with the game already wink.

wow, this is surprising. Someone went warrior first:
[Image: 2n5xS.png]

or, perhaps, workboat first. That seems more likely. How many points does a pop gain add to your score? (the article rego linked doesn't deal with score :/ ) Does the odd score for Scooter suggest a pop gain plus 6 points for a tech?

demos:
[Image: VUHg3.jpg]

our GNP jumped to 19 while we research a tech with a prerequisite (its 17 if we research anything but BW or sailing). So the top GNP is a financial civ researching a tech w/ a pre-req. That's probably dream team, who started with mining by mistake. If its scooter they are researching Animal hustbandry, which seems less likely since pastures are unlocked by hunting now, and they don't have a horse unique unit. Unless they start with a deer in their capital (camp's require AH now). Still not sure why the best GNP was 21 a few turns ago but has gone down to 20.

also, I didn't take a picture, but last turn the #4 city was founded on 3960, so at least one person founded on turn 1. I suppose if we had been on the ball with C&D we could figure out who that was smile.

Serdoa and Azza both founded on t1, while Pindicooter are the ones with the pop growth - which is weird as I've got them down as starting with hunting and agri and researching fishing on t7. Did they go for a second scout or a warrior to choke a neighbour? I'd suggest they've got a lot of seafood to research fishing first so maybe they plan growing to size three before producing workers?

The C&D is here, I don't know if it's very clear to anyone who isn't me - let me know which bits need to be better explained.

(November 7th, 2012, 04:24)Bigger Wrote: what do you think about a 1 turn detour to hit that PH? It reveals an extra 2-3 tiles, and more importantly will allow the warrior to bear hard to the east - we know the land wraps around the lake, and the warrior can hit azza's capital from that direction as well, but we don't know how far east the land goes, so it would be nice if the warrior doesn't have to detour to defog those tiles.

If you don't do it now it'll be about t50 when the border pops to reveal them. Do you think there will be anything we want to see there? How close can huts be to each other?

(November 7th, 2012, 04:24)Bigger Wrote: How many points does a pop gain add to your score? (the article rego linked doesn't deal with score :/ ) Does the odd score for Scooter suggest a pop gain plus 6 points for a tech?

Looking at this section in KJN's ISDG spreadsheet it looks like each pop scores you about two points each - although it's based on some numbers that I assume are map/land/number of players related, so it might be slightly different for us:
[Image: Score%20system.png]
But yes Scooter must have got a tech and a pop increase.

Techs are scoring about 6 points each at the moment while I guess we won't see land scores applied until t20? Does anyone know how different this map is to the ISDG one? And which numbers I need to change because of that?