As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM29 Greens Tech Thread

Likewise Boldy, team slowwalk is also very pleased with the pace of the game. I think having two teams in the game is a big asset, and both Sian and dazed have been very speedy and reliable. I'd definitely like to play a 4-player game another time, preferrably with one or more teams for improved turn pace. No worries about minor delays, I wouldn't mind much going down to 1t/day as I'm facing increased uprisings from my team mate lately that have to be quelled harshly :neenernee

As a point of irony too good to resist, I'm holding the save right now (already told Dazed about this) because when Boldly played for me earlier he was nice enough to post a turn report and email me saying he played, but did not attach the save. rolleye He has been duly ridiculed, but you are all free to pile on. I think he'll forward the save when he gets off work in a few hours.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Boldly, would you like me to add you to the tracker? Just post or PM me your email address if so.
I have to run.

novice, is there any way to get rid of Kuro and put in dazed? Maybe by scrapping this one and setting up a new one? If it's a hassle, don't worry about it. Thanks again for helping out.

Thanks. boldlygoingnowhererb@gmail.com

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

http://mistbinder.org/tracker/tracker.php?game=bts29g

Thanks Mist. toast

I've spoken to Dazed and Catwalk about this issue recently, in creating the game settings we all overlooked banning a diplomatic victory. After seeing the anti-climactic ending to PBEM17 (sorry guys, but congrats Dave?), I'd rather avoid a repeat here, so if we are all in agreement that whoever controls the AP or UN, you cannot submit a diplomatic victory vote?

The one exception to this ruling I can see (talked it over with Sian) is that if someone is a clear runaway and we're all just hitting End Turn until that player's inevitable victory, ONLY in that situation would a diplomatic victory, voted upon by the other players, be legitimate. If someone is certain to win (and I mean a mortal lock and we're all just passing the save out of obligation, no hail mary passes remain, etc.), and there is consensus, I'm OK with a diplomatic win so the player who earned it through dominant play gets a concession win AND gets to see a "you win" screen in game. I like to see that, it gives me closure. lol

Players, please reply with a yes or no to this proposal. Thanks! If accepted someone can edit the rules post in this thread, wherever it is.

Team Slowwalk says ban.

as long as its ONLY diplomatic victory (and not 'any kind' of vote which Xenu tried to sell to me) i argee