As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

So much to information from the internet. Stupid internet. duh 

Thanks for clarifying this.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I don’t know if I would have been so quick to allow a reload. What if we make a strategic error: do we get to reload then? I think you just take your lumps.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Ok I think I have a plan. I will put it here next morning. It's in my spreadsheet in the tab "New Revolt Early Plan". I know great naming convention. With this plan I get the following:
  • 3rd settler: T50
  • 4th settler: T53
  • 3rd worker: T38
  • Workboat ready for city 3
  • Border pop in 2nd city at T49 via barracks
  • 3 more warriors
  • Granaries in both city
  • Revolt on T33
The important thing is in order for this plan to work I need to build the copper mine first in the upcoming T26. So I will have to decide soon if I'm going through with this plan.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I look forward to reviewing this evening. Now my concern is that we will only have 3 workers for 4 cities...

www.earnestwords.com

(July 13th, 2018, 17:17)Zalson Wrote: I don’t know if I would have been so quick to allow a reload. What if we make a strategic error: do we get to reload then? I think you just take your lumps.

First of all I just wanted to be nice. Second I thought that this gives us more time to decide about my newest plan, which we have to take in action this upcoming turn.

Buy me a coffee

"New revolt optimal whip plan" seems real nice, with the only issue that you have us 2 pop whipping Wind Raptor at size 3. It's a lot cleaner: we stay at higher sizes for longer in the capital. We can then get a 4th worker out on Turn 55/56 from the capital (I think we want to grow to size 5 and 2-pop whip down from there).

Maybe we use a worker first at Wind Raptor and then move onto a settler who can share the pigs and grab us ivory? 4 workers and 4 cities at turn 56 is pretty nice.

www.earnestwords.com

I looked into that plan and tested and refined it a bit. I had some bugs in the beaker calculation. So my new "Best plan so far" has the following to offer:
  • 3rd settler: T48
  • 4th settler: T57
  • 3rd worker: T38
  • 4th worker: 52
  • Workboat ready for city 3
  • Border pop in 2nd city at T52 via barracks
  • 1 more warriors and an archer at 23/25
  • Granaries in both city
  • Revolt on T33

This is the plan in detail:

T26: Worker Chocobo to forest 1SE of copper, worker Sylph to copper, Exdeath builds Settler and works pig, sugar, river mine
T27: Fishing finished start Wheel, Chocobo chops, Sylph builds mine
T29: Chop finishs
T30: Chocobo to forest 1S of Copper, Copper mine finishs, Exdeath swaps Sugar for Copper
T31: Chocobo chops, Sylph starts farm on corn
T33: Revolt to Slavery, Chop finishs, Exdeath finishs settler starts Work boat
T34: Science slider to 0%, Chocobo finishs with Sylph the corn farm, Exdeath works Pig, Sugar, Copper, Wind Raptor is founded works the corn and starts barracks
T35: Science slider back to 100%, Chocobo and Sylph to forest 1N of them, Exdeath works Pig, River mine, Copper, Exdeath finishs work boat and starts worker, work boat moves to cap's crab
T36: Wheel finishs start Pottery, Chocobo and Sylph chop, Exdeath works Pig, Crab, Copper
T37: Chocobo finishs chop into Exdeath worker, Sylph starts road
T38: Chocobo to spice, Sylph finishs road, Exdeath finishs worker Remora starts warrior, Exdeath works Pig, Crab, Sugar, Remora builds road on sugar
T39: Chocobo chops, Sylph farms sugar, Remora finishs road on sugar, Exdeath works Pig, Crab Copper, Wind Raptor adds spice
T40: Remora farms sugar, Exdeath finishs warrior starts settler, Wind Raptor swaps spice for sugar
T41: Pottery finishs start Archery, Chocobo finishs chop into barracks in Wind Raptor, Sylph and Remora finish farm, Exdeath swaps settler to granary
T42: Chocobo mines spice, Sylph to riverside forest 1NW, Remora to plain forest 1N of pig, Exdeath whips granary and works Pig, Crab, Wind Raptor finishs barracks and starts granary
T43: Sylph and Remora chop, Exdeath finishs granary and continues settler also adds copper, Wind Raptor whips granary
T44: Archery finishs starts Animal Husbandry, Wind Raptor finishs granary starts Work boat
T45: Chocobo finishs mine, Sylph chops into Work boat at Wind Raptor, Remora chops into settler in Exdeath
T46: Chocobo roads spice, Sylph to forest 1S of Wind Raptor, Remora roads 1NE of cap, Exdeath swaps settler to Work boat, Wind Raptor adds spice
T47: Chocobo finishs road, Sylph chops, Remora finishs road, Exdeath swaps back to settler, Wind Raptor swaps to worker
T48: Chocobo to copper, Remora roads toward 3rd city, Exdeath finishs settler and continues Work boat
T49: Chocobo roads, Sylph chops into worker at Wind Raptor
T50: Chocobo finishs road, Sylph does something useful (nothing planned so far), Exdeath finishs Work boat for 3rd city starts archer also adds River mine, Wind Raptor swaps to work boat
T51: Wind Raptor finishs Work boat continues worker, Work boat connects crab near Wind Raptor
T52: Wind Raptor swaps Sugar for Crab also finishs worker and starst something useful (nothing planned so far)
T53: Exdeath adds sugar also finishs archer starts settler
T56: Exdeath double whips for settler

Buy me a coffee

Dat micro do. If we can test this out and validate, it gives us some great options, especially leading into t60+.

www.earnestwords.com

That's the great thing. I already tested it and it works. The workers need more guidance arund the mid 40s. Exdeath is set till T56 and Wind Raptor needs more planning from T52. But can develop the next plan during the late 30s when we know more of our terrain.

Buy me a coffee

T26:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: giphy.gif]

What 
I can't believe what just happened. I lost my scout against a lion, who had 11.1 chance of winning and my warrior against a lion, who had 23.1 chance of winning. That can't be real. At least I explored enough for the first cities. And this just as I developed such a nice plan. So far I sticked to my plan as I deem the second city more important right now.

Buy me a coffee