As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Mapmaker looking for players - Indie picks

Hope Novice doesn't mind - I want Suleiman.

Catwalk Wrote:novice and SevenSpirits, would you accept me hopping on your team as half a player (ded lurker and occasional substitute)? I promise to follow instructions and not mess up (too badly) bow

I don't think I want a third turnplayer - it's too awesome being able to pass micro back and forth without having to talk about every last bit and still get it right. smile You're certainly welcome to lurk though.

No worries, I'll stick to making bad suggestions smile

Lewwyn, are you interested in a teammate? I don't want to take another game as a primary player, but would very much like to join as a dedlurker/occasional turnplayer. If you'll have me smile

Cool, so right now it's:

Mackoti, FDR of Sumeria

Novice/Seven, Suleiman of Korea

Noble/Gaspar, (?)

Lewwyn/Yuri(?), (?)

I figure Noble Gaspar for Mao and Lew for Brennus, but that's just my personality read, you guys have strong preferences?

Quote:Are barbs on? (I'd prefer yes if the mapmaker deems them optional.)

I do so deem, but that combined with,

Quote:i would prefer sumeria instead of arabia

means I'd think Prince a better fit than Emperor.

No particular wonder should be overpowered, so I'd suggest leaving them all open but it's up to you all. Corps are your preference, as are the usual other bans.

A turn order that follows schedule would be Lewwyn > Mackoti > Novice/Seven > Noble/Gaspar, I think.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Sure Yuris hop aboard. wink

Brennus...

rolleye
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Lewwyn Wrote:Sure Yuris hop aboard. wink

Brennus...

rolleye

Yeah, Brennus is pretty rolleye. Any chance of boosting his combo, Commodore?
I have to run.

novice Wrote:Yeah, Brennus is pretty rolleye. Any chance of boosting his combo, Commodore?

Yeah, I have to say its the weakest of all the leaders. If I actually ended up on Brennus I was just going to rush someone... wasn't even going to try to win. lol
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Um, would it help if I said that the map sets up nicely for Chm happy and Agriculture/Hunting starting techs? If you'd rather have Mao of Babylon and Noble/Gaspar don't want Brennus of Persia, I'd be open to a suggested stronger civ to pair him with. My own test Brennus of Persia game was a lot of fun, but my brother-in-law +2AIs isn't the best testbed in the world.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

CHA is more of a curse then a blessing sometimes. In the early game you get a little extra happy but you're forced to build the monuments. Those extra hammers curb early development a bit. Then you get SPI which is great in the later game, but only once you've teched enough to get the civics. Neither trait really is that helpful in the early game. Facing EXP, IMP and IND (if you get early forges) Brennus is going to be left behind in a big way IMO.

I like Persia. I like SPI though I think its a late game trait. CHA is annoying (I've played several games with CHA in PBEMS here and I start out thinking CHA is going to be great and it ends up being terrible).

In the end the other leaders are just more powerful, esp IND/ORG. That's the winner right there. Way to powerful esp if its a map like 23.

You know that you don't have to use all the traits or make sure everyone gets unique traits? It's okay to give two people Org or Imp. That's the one thing I hated about PBEM 18. Everyone had "unique traits" no doubles. Why? Why is it automatically necessary for traits not to be used a second time? The combo is different, the tactics employed will be different.

Also, one note, as long as I'm bitching... I'm wary of IND. Why can't we play a game with no IND? Its overpowered when only one person has it IMO.

Just to note... One of the reasons I'm picking at stuff now is because we're still organizing the game. And looking at the roster, we're talking about all good players where any small weakness WILL get you left behind. If I'm committing however many months to a game I want to feel as though I have a chance to be competitive.

lol @ first come first serve.

Oh and you said pair Brennus with a stronger civ? I'd rather have Persia and some other leader. For me Brennus is the problem, NOT Persia.