As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Imperium 45: Mulligan's Luck

It's nice to see even a bit of action on the forum. I just want to let everyone know that I am currrently playing this game and fully intend to post a report once I'm finished. I don't know if it will be considered a shadow report or not given that we all missed the deadline the first time around, but I'm excited to finally be able to get to this.

With that being said I would like to propose an extension on the game. Could we get more participants if we made the new deadline February 1 February 18? I can certainly wait until then to post if it meant more reports to read, shadow or otherwise. I am obviously not the sponsor so it's not really up to me, but even if we all post shadow reports it would be fun to read how the participants do.

Cheers!

Edit: I will be out of town until early February so lets say about one month from now!

Quote:It's nice to see even a bit of action on the forum. I just want to let everyone know that I am currrently playing this game and fully intend to post a report once I'm finished. I don't know if it will be considered a shadow report or not given that we all missed the deadline the first time around, but I'm excited to finally be able to get to this.

With that being said I would like to propose an extension on the game. Could we get more participants if we made the new deadline February 1 February 18? I can certainly wait until then to post if it meant more reports to read, shadow or otherwise. I am obviously not the sponsor so it's not really up to me, but even if we all post shadow reports it would be fun to read how the participants do.

Cheers!

Edit: I will be out of town until early February so lets say about one month from now!

Sadly, I don't see myself having a third tilt at this before the end of Feb. Partly because I have some holiday during that time, partly because I expect to be focused on the start of PB38 (I have accidentally become involved, albeit as a distant fourth on a team), but  partly because, I am afraid, I just can't gather the enthusiam. I haven't actually won a solo game on impossible since Imp 42 alright . Not sure why, just can't seem to get my MOO head on when I try. It's a shame, as I picked humans for this scenario specifically to give myself a chance!

However, as the sponsor, I'm all in favour of giving other players another run at it for a month.

Would still be interested in getting that SG we were talking about out of mothballs at some point. Other than that, I need to get Civ VI out of my system and actually dedicate some spare brain cells back on MOO.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

I have been on a MoO losing streak recently as well. frown I may make another attempt at this game, and see if I can do better.

Would also love to see some SG activity, if anyone is interested. Now that we are into the new year, I should have more time available.

I decided to try my hand at this game so that at least one person would play out shallow_thought's scenario. I created a new thread in the Tournament Reports subforum for discussion; the actual game report is linked below. Thanks for the game setup. smile

http://www.sullla.com/MOO/imperium45-1.html
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Excellent! Now I have no excuse to not finish my own write up. Coming soon...

(April 8th, 2018, 08:49)Sullla Wrote: I decided to try my hand at this game so that at least one person would play out shallow_thought's scenario. I created a new thread in the Tournament Reports subforum for discussion; the actual game report is linked below. Thanks for the game setup. smile

http://www.sullla.com/MOO/imperium45-1.html

I didn't think I could be any more ashamed that I failed to complete my own Imperium, but no, there is alway more humiliation alright .

On the other hand - a new MOO write up on Sullla's site jive. That's a net win.

EDIT: Oh, I love that Mulligan. Laughed out loud. Note that I didn't get any further than tier 2 planetology in my pre-play testing; it may be this particular game was tougher than I had intended (slight spoiler). I wonder if I should resurrect this as an SG, with each player allowed their own Mulligan design.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Sry, posted in the wrong thread! Was aiming for OSG-33 The Beautiful Brains...