As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

What's the timer going to be set for? 24 hours, or a little more like 25 or 26?

48 for the first turn?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Please please please to 48hr on the first turn. Daylight savings is the devil
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'll set the first turn to 60 hours in a far fetched hope that we don't need any of the usual first turn reloads. wink

BTW. Tapatalk is unusually slow for me on RB these days. Loading threads can sometimes take more than a minute, and on a 4G connection that seems a bit excessive..
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Just because this has come up in a couple player threads:

Regarding the Aggressive city maintenance discount, it is accounted for correctly in the total displayed in the city screen (and should be for other screens like the F3 economic advisor.) There's just no line item display for the discount. So you will see something like "5 distance maintenance, 3 number-of-cities maintenance, 6 total".

It is multiplicative, applied after courthouse/rathaus/ikhanda, so with a courthouse you'd see "5 distance, 3 num-cities, -50%, 3 total."

Did I miss IP and CivStats?

(March 11th, 2014, 01:24)Jowy Wrote: Did I miss IP and CivStats?

Indeed, did I/we miss that?

I'm guessing Caledorn is in the process of hosting the game.

Thanks for your efforts, Commodore!

Everybody - with 34 civs, make triple sure you claim the right one when logging in for the first time, and do set a password which you then post in your spoiler thread. This should prevent accidental logins, while also making sure we can replace players if necessary or get a lurker to sub in on short notice if we just need someone to play based on instructions.
I have to run.

Is it a possibility for admins to send out mass PMs to every user involved in this game to let them know that the game is uploaded? I know that I've gone 2-3 days without checking this game during the startup period and that's easily enough to miss a turn.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

I'm getting the game up sometime tonight.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"