As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

Something is wrong with the save every time I get it. Currently it is already 9.3 MB.

Chevalier, I recommend you to restart Civ 6 before playing your turn, It is said that this keeps the file size smaller. Now still stuck trying to download save.

*edit: my internet works just fine but the PYDT client and webpage have horrendously slow download speeds. Can't manage to get the save.

Strangely, when I DID get the save last night it was a fresh boot of Civ 6.

Unfortunately, I just arrived at work. I'll resend it as soon as I get home, but that's not going to be for 8 hours. :/
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

I don't think it's an issue of your save but the web page, Both client and web page are super slow. Downloading the save gets stuck at halfway through...sorry guys

@Archduke, in case I manage to download the save but can't upload, can you PM me your email address? I could send you the save then.

Did so, but are you sure that is a good plan, the PYDT will be all screwed up.

Ok, we shall see, my download is now at 629/664 KB. Not sure why the client file size is so different from the true size...let's see whether I can get there

Uploading the save was as fast as ever...enjoy

I had noticed the ballooning save file size as well. I did some further investigation, but rather than derail this thread I posted my findings in the release & discussion thread http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...#pid656677

I posted this in the thread Cornflakes linked to, but will quote myself here since it is relevant for PBEM 7:

(December 19th, 2017, 12:43)Mikeforall Wrote:
(December 19th, 2017, 12:10)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: So, what are the implications for PBEM7? Will we need to roll back to a previous save to correct the issue, or else face perpetual problems with PYDT? :/ Bah. 

I don't think so.

For me, this is the first time hearing of this issue. Every time I play my game in PBEM 7, The save is below 1MB. 
Last turn I uploaded (turn 18, 1 hour ago) it was ~667kb. 

I use the client, and have the client on boot-when-download, meaning that áfter the save has been downloaded, Civ VI gets automaticly booted by the game. 
Have only used the manual website download/upload once (when the cllient had to update) in pbem 7, and did not have the ballooning issue. 

Japper uses the same client-settings as I do, and have not heard him complain about any ballooning issues either.

dito

I haven't seen it go above 700 kb either

Load times are atrocious though, but that is I think more my computer getting old than anything.

It was only 600k when I sent it, Singaboy. Curious to see if it balloons again.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.