As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Yes, that sounds exactly what is most likely happening.
This will require complete support of spell animation modding which is planned but likely takes a while.

Thank you for quick response.

I just realize that aura id higher than 35 not reliably display their aura (some of them do some of them don't, same enchantment which not have aura appear from aura36 onward could be display properly when I swap down to any id below 35. I have already set MaxEnchantAura=46 but anything from 36 onward may or may not display aura properly for reason I could not understand. (35 was initial setting of unmodded CoM2). You could see this in effect in latest released version of Warlord mod (1.4.19).

Enchantment that already confirmed that not display aura properly in Warlord mods are
enchantment aura not display properly.
Invulnerability
Revenant
Vampiricism
Haste
Destiny
Teleport
Magic Immunity
Hierophany

Our friend Anskiy discovered that in version 1.04.07 with healing immunity perk separate from undead enchantment, undead could be healed now. This seem to be design oversighted and not sure if this only occur to undead created before exe update or not or would it effect new one too.

I also noticed that zombies created using zombie mastery come without healing immunity nor undead traits.

Quote:Our friend Anskiy discovered that in version 1.04.07 with healing immunity perk separate from undead enchantment, undead could be healed now. This seem to be design oversighted and not sure if this only occur to undead created before exe update or not or would it effect new one too.

Confirmed, the problem is the effect being triggered by the base version of the NoHealing flag instead of the current. This will be fixed for the nxt update.

Quote:I also noticed that zombies created using zombie mastery come without healing immunity nor undead traits.
No Healing for zombies seems to be included in Units.INI. Any chance you were using a units.dat file that's outdated?
Zombies do not count as undead unless animated or bloodlusted, they are just normal death creatures with the additional No Healing ability.

(January 28th, 2023, 07:10)Suppanut Wrote: I just realize that aura id higher than 35 not reliably display their aura (some of them do some of them don't, same enchantment which not have aura appear from aura36 onward could be display properly when I swap down to any id below 35. I have already set MaxEnchantAura=46 but anything from 36 onward may or may not display aura properly for reason I could not understand. (35 was initial setting of unmodded CoM2). You could see this in effect in latest released version of Warlord mod (1.4.19).

Enchantment that already confirmed that not display aura properly in Warlord mods are
enchantment aura not display properly.
Invulnerability
Revenant
Vampiricism
Haste
Destiny
Teleport
Magic Immunity
Hierophany

Typo in the code that reads the MaxEnchantAura value.
There is "0" instead of "Enchants" for the block the value is read from so it stays at the default 35. This will be fixed in the next update, until then simply add a [0] block and move the line there in the ini file.

Thank you for response and reply.

Some bug to report.
1) Sail movement on land used to allow unit action (but could not move) for combat summon units but now summon sail units in combat have 0 movement next combat turn and could not take action of attack at all.

2) Custom attributes on units in units.ini seem to not working properly for some reason. I, and Zitro are testing the same units with the same mod build yet only game by does not trigger custom attribute trigger appearance of ability display and script action for me and Zitro although there is no error report for invalid value or attribute. So it seem that engine recognized custom1/2/3 as valid line in units.ini but for some reason, script seem not reliably pick them up or has no effect.

Not sure if this is a bug, but how is it possible for an AI hero (warrior mage) and 8 sprites to clear out a bunch of seemingly difficult nodes (3 great drakes; efreet and few doom bats; djinn and storm giant cave). The wizard is white and green, it does have tactician but can't really cast in chaos nodes... And then the other funny thing is, some of those nodes, he didn't even wait until melded, he just kept going for the next one and left them unguarded.
Is all this normal?
PS And this same stack just beat a chaos node with many hydras!?
PS I attacked the stack just to see wtf, turns out he has prayer and black prayer, don't know if that counts in autocombat. But the AI stack wasn't very convincing against one of my generic garrison stacks (a strong halberd, a bear and 6 regular apprentices) and outside of a node. So I really don't know how it cleared out so many strong nodes...