As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I think NeutralExpgain=1 doesn't work anymore or the EXP was not displayed on the units?

Bug report. My spearmen garrison in city with heavenly light enchantment do not get magic weapon (could not damage fire elemental, don't get +10% to-hit, and weapon icon display as normal weapon instead of magic one) even in combat to defend this city.

"MaxEnchantAura=" in "UnitAura.INI" doesn't do anything. Only the original 35 can be modified.

Hydra should be listed as Supernatural in the manual because it is Supernatural in the game which means BTW that hydra will do about 12 guaranteed damage 9 X 10 X 0.4 X 0.333 = 12 in each attack

(CoM v1.04.07)

The Nature spell Abundance is described as follows:

Increases the maximal population of the target city by 7, but to a minimum of 18.

(by the way, maximal population sounds slightly odd to me, maximum population  feels more natural)

Inplementing the effect is the following fragment in data\EcoMaxPop.CAS

Code:
IF CITYENCHANT(CityID,CEAbundance)>-1 THEN {
IF MP<18 THEN { MP=18; }
ELSE { MP=MP+7; }
}

According to the script, if Abundance is cast on a MaxPop 17 city, the new MaxPop is 18. Probably not what was intended!

This implementation is consistent with the description:

Code:
IF CITYENCHANT(CityID,CEAbundance)>-1 THEN {
MP=MP+7;
IF MP<18 THEN { MP=18; }
}

Also, a few lines above, I can see this line which I do not really like:

Code:
IF CITYENCHANT(CityID,CEDrought)>-1 THEN { MP=MP-6; }

It seems like casting Drought can result in a negative MaxPop for very small cities. Can the game handle it, or will it crash?
Should it not be something like this instead?

Code:
IF CITYENCHANT(CityID,CEDrought)>-1 THEN {
IF MP>6 THEN { MP=MP-6; }
ELSE { MP=0; }
}

In data\heroabil.ini, the name for Ability [4] is spelled without the space: Name=DivineBarrier

It looks a bit weird but I thought that perhaps you had to drop the space because of string length constraints, i.e. the old ability that got replaced with Divine Barrier had a short name and you could not exceed that.
However, I tried adding in the space, and it worked normally. I think it looks nicer this way:

Abundance : Thanks, fixed for the next update.
Drought : This is safe, the maximal population is hard capped to always be between 1 and the highest allowed amount.
Divine Barrier : I'm not sure why it was without a space considering Supply Commander is obviously longer. Fixed for the next update.

Speaking of which, what have you planned to include in the next update? Can you provide a changelog?

I try to make doom mastery allow 3 chaos channel effect on overland cast in OLSpell.cas but it keep report error.

Code:
TU=(SpellTargetUnit)

IF (SP=SChaosChannels) %AND HASGLOBAL(W,GEDoomMastery) THEN {
IF (GETSTAT(TU,SFireBreath,1)<4) THEN { SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCBreath,1,1); }
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCArmor,1,1);
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncCCFlight,1,1);
}

Similar problem also occur when I try similar method on COSpell.cas too.

Code:
TU=(SpellTargetUnit)

IF (SP=SWarpCreature) %AND HASGLOBAL(MAINCASTER,GEBlazingEyes) THEN {
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpAttack,0,1);
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpDefense,0,1);
SETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(TU,EncWarpResist,0,1);
}

It keep report error that variable "SpellTargetUnit" is not recognized. Is it a bug or I just use variable in this file wrong?

(April 3rd, 2023, 21:12)Anskiy Wrote: Speaking of which, what have you planned to include in the next update? Can you provide a changelog?

Well, I'm doing some code refactoring to make some other features possible and it's very boring so it's going a bit slow, still only 75% done. The real work starts after that so it's mostly just minor bugs in the changelog at the moment.

Quote:-Fixed 1.4.7 bug : The No Healing ability had no effect on undead.
-Fixed bug : MaxEnchantAura was not read properly from UnitAura.ini.
-When a combat spell is countered, the game will show the "Spell Countered" window instead of a generic red message window.
-In the combat spellbook, when a spell is unavailable or too expensive, it will appear grey.
-Fixed 1.4.7 bug : Game crashes when a unit enchantment on a neutral unit is targeted by Dispel Magic.
-In Automatic Combat mode, when the army total stats are calculated, the stats will be weighted towards the stronger unit in the army based on the square root of the unit's power rating instead of the entire power rating. This should make results more realistic for armies with vastly uneven strength units such as one demigod hero and 8 spearmen.
-Fixed bug : Heroes lose their custom names when Resurrected.
-Fixed bug : Abundance fails to add the intended 7 maximal population for cities between 12 and 17 max population.

Quote:I try to make doom mastery allow 3 chaos channel effect on overland cast in OLSpell.cas but it keep report error.
The only problem I see there is the missing ; on the first line.
I checked and "SetScriptNumVar('SpellTargetUnit',SpellTargetUnit,1);" is there and I see no typo so it should work in theory.