As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

i attack enemy trireme with my lizard carrack - game crash.

[Image: nxOCqFI.png]

Attached Files
.zip   lagi carrack bug.zip (Size: 12.27 KB / Downloads: 1)

great, i cannot play the game at all now.

I delete and resinstall 3x times the CoM for steam.  Its clean install, no custom files or changes inside, I restart computer in case its something in RAM. Still windows version crash.

I can play no issue the Dos versions, and i can launch the Launcher.
Game loads, images, units , HELP, windows size.... and then what on below picture.
I try multiple times.

I have the same issue with GoG version before. (thats why i buy steam 2nd time)

EDIT: I delete all, delete All master of magic references in Registry, and delete all Documents folder = it works :-D

[Image: gnt1IX7.png]

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 3.06 KB / Downloads: 2)

in city production panels, ships are placed on grass instead water

[Image: jvbhlfR.png]

(June 18th, 2023, 11:52)Lagi Wrote: i attack enemy trireme with my lizard carrack - game crash.

[Image: nxOCqFI.png]

No crashes on my side.

Hello, I would like to file a crash report. It's a consistent unhandled exception crash on turn 169-170. My game is heavily modded, but I believe I didn't go overboard with them (not beyond any limit). The log didn't explain the error, so I need your help in figuring out what has gone wrong.

I have set every pick to cost only 1, with max picks of 20 and 6 max retorts. Max treasure and monster budgets have been increase into 15000 min-max. Heroes can also level up to 20. I offset this by setting distance per city into 5 tiles.

The zip files contains save file, log file, and every file that I have modified. Thank you.

Attached Files
.zip   CoM Crash.zip (Size: 974.34 KB / Downloads: 1)

The crash seems to happen without the INI file changes as well.
The crash is caused by having 10 units on tile 1,52,30.
This is a lair tile on arcanus that has many demon lords and some berserkers defending it.

So there might be a bug in raising undead by lair monsters that bypasses the 9 unit limit.

..that's exactly it,  for raised undead, it seems they were allowed while the number of units was <=9 instead of <9, allowing a 10th unit to be generated. I'm not sure if any save game editor exists for CoMWin but the only way to fix this save file is to either remove that unit from that lair or reload a previous turn when the unit wasn't there yet and continue playing after the next update that fixes the bug.

...I'm very surprised how this unit ended up there however. In theory the AI should never attack a lair unless they are 100% sure they are defeating it. I can only think of the AI attacking too many things, spending too much MP on previous battles, and running low which changed the outcome. This also explains why the bug is so rare it was never reported, in 99.9% of the cases the AI should win and take the entire lair out, not lose and leave extra units defending the lair.

(June 19th, 2023, 07:00)Seravy Wrote: The crash seems to happen without the INI file changes as well...

Glad you found out the bug. Can't wait for the upcoming fixes! You're doing a great service to Master of Magic.

Color of flag of settler in unit building menu are always black no matter what color of flag I pick.

(June 21st, 2023, 10:59)Suppanut Wrote: Color of flag of settler in unit building menu are always black no matter what color of flag I pick.

i think its because unit.ini - and it looks intentional?

EDIT: dont listen to me, i talk some shit... i dont even know what DisplayRace flags do. i just check it in game i add Display Race to Settlers and it doesnt change anything... I was thinking it maybe adding prefix like Halflings Settlers. but apperently not.

there is 6x type of settlers define in UNITS.INI however, maybe its not index 44 affected by this particular race? make sense that there is Lizard Settler that can swim, while other settlers cant.

[Image: g96OVpv.png]

(June 21st, 2023, 14:02)Lagi Wrote:
(June 21st, 2023, 10:59)Suppanut Wrote: Color of flag of settler in unit building menu are always black no matter what color of flag I pick.

i think its because unit.ini - and it looks intentional?

[Image: g96OVpv.png]

Already tried this and it does not fix black flag on settler sprite display in unit training menu. It does not problem with the same sprite elsewhere.