As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

(July 18th, 2018, 04:07)Charriu Wrote:
  1. Check if his warrior has any promotions. I suspect none.
  2. How are my odds with my warrior (Combat 1) against his warrior on grasland?
  3. What happens if he declares war while our units are on the same tile?
  4. What happens if he just declares war by moving into my territory, while our units are on the same tile?
  5. Can settlers settle on a tile with a enemy unit on it?

I tested my questions and it's basically like Cornflake already said.

2. The odds would be 68.1% to much risk for my taste.
3. His units will be teleported
4. Just as 3. His units would be teleported and the moving unit would lose one move point, stopping it this turn.
5. Yes they can on friendly units. That's what I meant.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(July 18th, 2018, 12:27)Zalson Wrote: That filler city also looks like a decent option too. It can work the clams, then the mine with pop 2, plus up to 2 cottages -- and we can add a barracks to pick up the second clam leading into the cows/crabs spot?

That looks like the best and safest alternative if he moves to attack.

Right now I could do my turn, but I hesitate because of the following reasons:

1. I would like to know if he really wants to do his turn after me, which could imply an attack,
  2. I would like to know, where he moved his warrior to, before I move mine.
  3. I was the last of us, who did his turn, so if he moves before me we would be in a perfect turn split.
  4. Superdeath has also to do his turn and he will propably need some more time seeing as he is based in the US and therefore propably at work right now. What I mean to say is, I have some time to move and don't delay the turn unnecessary.
If I should stop this and just get on with it, just tell me.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

You can PM him and ask if he's declaring war. If he isn't, then go ahead and play. If he's keeping his options open, tell him you want the second half of the timer? Other more experienced players, can you help us resolve this?
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T33:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG?raw=1]
He moved before me, so that situation has solved itself. And to be honest I couldn't play. The little rascals were still up and I needed to throw them into their beds. lol

His warrior has no promotions and as expected he moved to the spice. I moved my warrior (Walpole) to the sugar, just to show him that I'm not defenseless. RFS also (finally) double-whiped his settler this turn, so he will found in T35+ just like I do.

Buy me a coffee

So what will RFS do with his warrior next turn. I see these possible moves by him.

1. To the grasland 1S (my city sign): Very unlikely. If he wanted to explore further in that direction he would have moved there this turn. He could see till the forest 2S of him and if he's good at fog gazing he would have seen the water and my border there, too.
  2. To the plain 1SE: This would mean war, obvious I know. But this would also bring his warrior would be in striking distance to mine. He also must know that my warrior is better promoted. I doubt he will risk his warrior right now. If he would want to go to war moving to the next tile would be safer.
  3. To the grasland forest 1E: Here he would be safe in front of my warrior. If he moves here I would consider this a very offensive manoeuvre towards me. Why else would he move there. It's not like he could see my capitol from there. If he moves 1NE he would see exactly as much of my land as if he moves here. This move would a very dangerous move for us.
  4. To the hill 1N or the grasland forest 1NE: This would be the peaceful move by him. He would also uncover more of my lan, but he does not move closer toward my capitol.

Buy me a coffee

And here is what I would do in those cases:

1. In this scenario I would move my warrior and settler to the forest 1N of the corn. This way I could settle immediately on the next turn and teleporting his warrior away. I would propably wait till I'm the last to play, so that I double move him, or would that be to unfair? It's not like we are in a settler race. In this situation I would contiune with my actual plan.
  2. "Emergency warrior" has to be activated in this case. The settler would have to go east. The warrior will propably move back to the capitol, so that I can hit him in T36 with two warriors.
  3. This would be interesting. Assuming that he did not declare war I would move warrior and settler just as in 1. I would also try to settle before he could move, because he would be displaced standing on that tile. The good thing is if he moves there, he won't see my settler on the forest in the south. Of course if he declares war, I will have to fall back to 2.
  4. Best case and everything can go as planned before.

Buy me a coffee

If he moves to the forest 2NW of your capital he would indeed have vision inside your capital. Your capital is on a hill and thus can be seen from 2 tiles away as long as there isn’t enough terrain blocking

Quick edit: I think his warrior 1E is his most likely move precisely because it would gain vision on your capital

We'll 1T the warrior (4 overflow from settler, work max hammers), so delaying the workboat by a turn to get a warrior in the capital seems worthwhile.

The real question is: do we want to give an opponent such an easy chance to ruin our day? Let's just expand to the filler site in the east and the cows. I can ponder a plan.

Benefit is the capital remains a lot stronger for a bit longer.

I think a double-move to spot 1 would be cheesy. It's an offensive action because we're considering that we're nearly at war.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

(July 18th, 2018, 14:57)Cornflakes Wrote: If he moves to the forest 2NW of your capital he would indeed have vision inside your capital. Your capital is on a hill and thus can be seen from 2 tiles away as long as there isn’t enough terrain blocking

Quick edit: I think his warrior 1E is his most likely move precisely because it would gain vision on your capital

Yes, of course. How could I forgot that.

Buy me a coffee

(July 18th, 2018, 15:32)Zalson Wrote: We'll 1T the warrior (4 overflow from settler, work max hammers), so delaying the workboat by a turn to get a warrior in the capital seems worthwhile.

The real question is: do we want to give an opponent such an easy chance to ruin our day? Let's just expand to the filler site in the east and the cows. I can ponder a plan.

Benefit is the capital remains a lot stronger for a bit longer.

I think a double-move to spot 1 would be cheesy. It's an offensive action because we're considering that we're nearly at war.

Yeah, you propably right. Better to work on a plan for the east.

Buy me a coffee