As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

As far as I remember, changing the display order of item powers is not an existing feature yet.

Grouping is used for making the powers mutually exclusive.

(September 12th, 2023, 08:20)Seravy Wrote: As far as I remember, changing the display order of item powers is not an existing feature yet.

Grouping is used for making the powers mutually exclusive.

Thank you for clarify.

Hi, I like to report an unusual Crash to Desktop. Specifically. I used the Huntress unit to attack the Wizards Tower and there was an Crash to Desktop when the AI unit "Lesser Gaia Lord" used merging to move to another location, and when it was planning its next attack it crashed.

At first I thought it was my modded unit that caused the crash, so I tried out other lairs/cities with the modded Hunttress unit and there were no crashes. I tried using another unmodded unit to attack the same Wizard Tower (Elf Spearmen) and no crashes too.

For all test cases, I used god mode on while attempting to test.

This was the last DEBUGLOG line

------------------------------------------
Target chosen :Huntress, priority = 48400
------------------------------------------
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Earth to Mud , priority to cast = 46
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Resist Elements , priority to cast = -100
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Wild Boars , priority to cast = 17
AI possible web target Huntress priority =158
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Web , priority to cast = 75
Fairy Dust spell on Huntress expected damage =1.6
Fairy Dust spell on Huntress total targeting priority =0
AI spell casting decision
AI Spell Fairy Dust no target found!
This is a direct damage spell cast by a unit. Expected damage =1.6
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Fairy Dust , priority to cast = -100
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Elemental Armor , priority to cast = -100
AI spell casting decision
AI Spell Petrify best target =Huntress
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Petrify , priority to cast = 97
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Venom , priority to cast = 19
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Reload , priority to cast = 11
Lesser Gaia Lord combat spell available :Rejunvenate , priority to cast = 20
Lesser Gaia Lord spellability available :Entangle , priority to cast = 31
=============================
Selecting attack type
Melee available, priority =48400
Ranged available, priority =39800
Casting Available, priority =19400
Ranged*5>Melee so ignore melee!
Combat move request to UI, "Shoot/Cast/Stall", move to destination then attack
UI : start combat movement animation
UI : Combat movement animation over, executing AI command for unit
AI Ranged attack request
UI : start ranged attack animation

As you can see it crashed when the AI unit was attempting ranged attack animation. So I think it has something to do with the AI.

I linked the test mod below with the Save file in question. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/150OPs3i...sp=sharing

That looks like a modded unit, did you check if it has a valid projectile type and the image files for that projectile are present?

(September 16th, 2023, 11:35)Seravy Wrote: That looks like a modded unit, did you check if it has a valid projectile type and the image files for that projectile are present?

If he has just copied it from latest Warlord mod, he likely get wrong projectile. I use custom big rock for this unit, so projectile would be clearly wrong for him if he not port projectile too.

(September 16th, 2023, 12:10)Suppanut Wrote:
(September 16th, 2023, 11:35)Seravy Wrote: That looks like a modded unit, did you check if it has a valid projectile type and the image files for that projectile are present?

If he has just copied it from latest Warlord mod, he likely get wrong projectile. I use custom big rock for this unit, so projectile would be clearly wrong for him if he not port projectile too.

Interesting, thank you for letting me know. Will look through it at once. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Confirmed! Looks like I missed out on adding the Custom Ammo type. Thank you for the assistance. Really appreciate it.

Hi I see wizard pact violation icon on my dwarf engineer, is that a bug?

Hello Seravy, I installed version 1.05.01 through Gog right now, thank you for the update! I was doing my usual activities to copy the game to a cloud drive so I can play it on multiple computers and I found the game crashed. I tracked it down to me deleting all the music files. It also crashed with the Music folder completely missing. Because I keep it on a limited cloud drive and I don't listen to the game's music, and because the wav files are 97% of the game's installation, this has been my habit and has worked without an issue until now. 

Do you any have recommendations for this situation? Is there just one file that it needs to not crash? Can the files be empty? (I doubt that would work.) I don't know how the game accesses or uses those file, I just really want to avoid network transferring a gigabyte of wav files every time I open the game.

You can delete "Music" but you cannot delete "sound" (I think, haven't tried).
Music is played from the disk whenever necessary.
Sound is loaded into the memory on startup (but those files are way smaller).
You also have to disable music form the settings before deleting the files otherwise the game will crash as soon as it finishes loading and tries to play the music.

(September 17th, 2023, 04:08)GMBarak Wrote: Hi I see wizard pact violation icon on my dwarf engineer, is that a bug?

Probably. I checked Units.INI and all Engineers have the Ignorepact=1 ability so it might be some other problem. Do you have a save file?