As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

That's kinda normal.
The "maximal mp" stat is only used at the start of the battle to refill MP, and is ignored after that.

Unless we decide there is an implicit rule that MP must be lowered if it exceeds maxmp, this isn't a bug.

Hi, not sure if this is a bug, or intentional. Refer to the screenshot below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i5qBRBa...drive_link

Notice that Golem has the Enchantment Resist element as an ability when it is just created.

I checked the CreateUnit.CAS file, yet there was no mention of this in the coding.

Then I checked the Unit.ini file. 

My Units.ini file looks like this.
[81]
; Dwarven Golem
; Name=Golem
Name=Golem Sentinel
Attack=14
Ammo=0
Hit=30
Defense=7
Resistance=15
Moves=6
; Cost=180
; Upkeep=5
Cost=240
Upkeep=10
Race=4
Building1=5
Building2=33
; HP=20
HP=30
; Scouting=1
Scouting=4
Transport=0
Figures=1
Roadbuilding=0
AIProduction=40
AIgarrsion=50
Sound=214
; FireImmunity=Yes
; StoningImmunity=Yes
; ColdImmunity=Yes
; DeathImmunity=Yes
; PoisonImmunity=Yes
IllusionImmunity=Yes
WallCrusher=Yes
Caster=20
CreatePower=12
; Foodupkeep=1
Spellability=297
Spellcharges=1
Foodupkeep=0

There is also no mention of this Enchantment being added in the default list too.

I checked against the Master.Cas file. There isn't an ability granting Resist elements too. So I am unsure where is this coming from. Is there some sort of default coding outside of the Data files that added this ability in?

I tried removing the ability via script, but as you can see based on the logs I set up in the CreateUnit.CAS file

CU: Unit[54], BASE GEF EncResistElements = 0
CU: Unit[54], BASE GCEF EncResistElements = 0
CU: Unit[54], BASE GOLEF EncResistElements = 0
CU: Unit[54], CURRENT GEF EncResistElements = 1
CU: Unit[54], CURRENT GCEF EncResistElements = 0
CU: Unit[54], CURRENT GOLEF EncResistElements = 0

Only the current GetEnchantmentFlag for EncResistElements is set to 1, not the base. This means that somewhere else is granting this ability to the Golem. Or is it some difficulty setting that is granting it ?

Quote:Is there some sort of default coding outside of the Data files that added this ability in?

Yes, it's an old hardcoded ability. The only way to get rid of it is by creating another Golem unit that has a different unit ID and disabling the original. As far as I remember this might be the last one of those.

(November 27th, 2023, 12:16)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Is there some sort of default coding outside of the Data files that added this ability in?

Yes, it's an old hardcoded ability. The only way to get rid of it is by creating another Golem unit that has a different unit ID and disabling the original. As far as I remember this might be the last one of those.

Good to know, will put it in one of my bucket list to do. I don't mind leaving that ability on the Golem for now. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi, like to report a display bug. This is for preview for units which are to be created, as defined by Units.ini
Refer to the screenshot below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0_It-z...drive_link

This is the unit ability set in Units.ini
[113]
; High Men Paladins
Name=Paladins
Attack=6
Ammo=0
Hit=30
Defense=5
Resistance=8
Moves=8
Cost=240
Upkeep=5
Race=8
Building1=25
Building2=6
HP=5
Scouting=1
Transport=0
Figures=4
Roadbuilding=0
AIProduction=35
AIgarrsion=50
Sound=102
Spellability=137
Spellcharges=2
; IllusionImmunity=Yes
; DeathImmunity=Yes
; HolyBonus=1
; ArmorPiercing=Yes
FirstStrike=Yes
Exorcise=-2
; Holy Aura
Custom7=103
Foodupkeep=1

As you can see, I only set the spellability to Raise Dead, and Spell Charges to 2. This spell is incorrectly displayed. Right clicking does display the spell correctly though.

I can create a display that is correct with the code below.

: Spell Ability Redisplay :
IF (GETSTAT(U,SSpellAbility,0)=137) THEN
{
SCharges = GETSTAT(U,SSpellCharges,0);

IF (SCharges>1) THEN
{
AddAbilityLine 0,168,"RAISE DEAD","Raise Dead Spell " + STRS(SCharges);
}
ELSE
{
AddAbilityLine 0,168,"RAISE DEAD","Raise Dead Spell";
}
}

This is the result.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bMW2y0...drive_link

Unfortunately, this only creates a 2nd display which is correct, but the initial incorrect display still remains. Is there any way to override it ?
P.S. This also happens with the default healing spell except it does not display spell charges beyond 1. I could recreate the healing spell using a dummy enchantment as a proxy for heals, but the raise dead is going to hard because there is no known way to remove the DEAD status as you can only get dead status with ALIVE() and not interact with it otherwise.

(March 14th, 2023, 19:24)Seravy Wrote: That's strange, all sounds are loaded into the memory and played from there. There can't possibly be a loading delay when playing them on the side of CoM, unfortunately how the system handles the PlaySound call is outside my control.

Quote:Gremlore
I'm having issues with the sound, music works 100% flawlessly. But in the intro cinematic the speech of the characters stutters and skips. The same thing also happens in combat, sound effects playing causes a brief pause/stop and then the sound effect plays and things happen as they would, the pauses/stops happen when units move too due to the sound effects of the footsteps/movement. Turning off sound fixes this, no more stuttering, but... then you're playing without sound.

I think I figured out a way to fix this, turning off the exclusive mode options in sound settings, playback devices, seems to have fixed my sound issue so far.
Thought I would come back and give a solution just in case any one else was having a similar issue, this may help you.

[Image: yez24c.png]

How is AI casting for Dispelling Wave supposed to work? I had Lo Pan dispel my Great Lizard stack, even though he clearly didn't have any units in the vicinity. The stack was close to Tauron's cities though, and he did have a Wizard's Pact with him.

Interesting Observation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHOwCFW...sp=sharing

All Magicians start with the knowledge (Not Spell Charge) of the Fireball Spell, regardless of class. I hope this is kept in, even if it is a bug. I am also interested if it is possible to mod in specific spell knowledge for non hero units as this does allow for a deeper level of customization.

(December 13th, 2023, 08:22)mewcatus Wrote: Interesting Observation.

All Magicians start with the knowledge (Not Spell Charge) of the Fireball Spell, regardless of class. I hope this is kept in, even if it is a bug. I am also interested if it is possible to mod in specific spell knowledge for non hero units as this does allow for a deeper level of customization.

This is a feature. Initial spell for units to cast with MP could be set in Modding.ini. In Warlord mod I change it to firebolt instead.

(December 14th, 2023, 01:02)Suppanut Wrote:
(December 13th, 2023, 08:22)mewcatus Wrote: Interesting Observation.

This is a feature. Initial spell for units to cast with MP could be set in Modding.ini. In Warlord mod I change it to firebolt instead.

Ah, I missed that somehow, guess I need to spend more time looking at the file. Thanks for the heads up!