As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

Oh my. I think we need to reserve judgement until the lurkers analyze this.

So did Mike confess or did Cornflakes post his info and then he confessed. Kinda big difference imo.

Finding a replacement is crucial, at least I would loathe to restart and it seems others as well.

(January 11th, 2018, 23:07)Emperor K Wrote: Finding a second replacement for this game is probably going to be very tough.
Also what happened probably influenced several key points in this game, namely religion and more importantly beliefs. Now someone else gets there religion later, due to increased cost of Great People and may not be able to select certain beliefs.

This is the key point. Even if the cheating of the last few turns could be undone, there's still the matter of the earlier cheating dramatically impacting the religious race. 

I'm really sorry to say it, but this game is dead.

(January 11th, 2018, 23:08)TheArchduke Wrote: Oh my. I think we need to reserve judgement until the lurkers analyze this.

So did Mike confess or did Cornflakes post his info and then he confessed. Kinda big difference imo.

Finding a replacement is crucial, at least I would loathe to restart and it seems others as well.

Cornflakes and I (almost entirely Cornflakes) have been looking into Woden and CMF's complaints behind the scenes. Earlier today, Cornflakes posted his evidence to the lurker thread to get it checked by the community. 

Then MikeForAll randomly chose that moment to confess...

(January 11th, 2018, 23:11)oledavy Wrote:
(January 11th, 2018, 23:08)TheArchduke Wrote: Oh my. I think we need to reserve judgement until the lurkers analyze this.

Cornflakes and I (almost entirely Cornflakes) have been looking into Woden and CMF's complaints behind the scenes. Earlier today, Cornflakes posted his evidence to the lurker thread to get it checked by the community. 

That is really bad then.

EDIT: Wait did Mike read the lurker thread as well?

I remember something like that in the EU4 MP forums, bad stuff. But salvagable.

We could drop the team.

Hmm, I fear Oledavy is right. I am a bit mad now, I think Emperor K and me played quite a strong opening.

I guess the religion thing would have to be up to Singaboy and Sulla/Brick since they got screwed. As for increasing great people costs, everybody got there prophet so early that the next one is still at 60 points (no increase).

I agree that there are some impacts and even if we find a replacement, there will always be questions about what was impacted. I am enjoying the game and would like to continue but will understand if others don't want to spend the next 3 months on a questionable game.

I don't think the game is dead.

I agree with letting lurkers decide on the actions. I can sense everyone here including Japper enjoyed the game very much. We should leave it to all teams to decide whether they want to continue. However, I think we should exclude Mike as he might have read the lurkers thread too. A bit too much. If it takes some time to find a replacement, we could let Japper continue for two players for the time being. I would feel really sorry if one team gets excluded, bad for Japper.

And yes, it is clear who got screwed over beliefs. I still don't think, this would get me to say the game is dead. I am sure all teams have played a pretty awesome game so far. It is really up to the lurkers thread, maybe chaired by Cornflakes, to decide on the action taken. I would place full confidence in him to resolve the matter.

(January 11th, 2018, 20:34)Mikeforall Wrote: I got convinced however after someone, who has been general lurking this pbem, send me a discord message about something posted in the Lurkers thread. 

I insinuated MikeForAll may have been reading the lurker thread in a previous post. I did not notice this portion of his post, accounting for the timing. I would be remiss if I didn't point this out.

@all

I have sent Cornflakes a pm asking him whether he would be agreeable to lead the investigation and, together with willing lurkers, to decide on the action taken. I also told him that I would not want any positive benefit for other teams, but rather see something that sets back Mike's team. Cheating your way to overtake other teams in the GP race must not go unpunished.

As for a replacement, if we cant find someone initially, maybe Japper can double up as the replacement for the time being. I would not want the game to stall for too long. It didn't much good for PBEM4 either.

@oledavy, since you have been part of the initial action, would you mind to support Cornflakes?

I have read your statements again, Mike. Pardon me but they do sound a little incoherent. In none of those PBEM's I have played and the ones I am reading have I ever heard of a bug that makes trading between two players irksome (Mind you, I play little on a German site too). Neither has anyone reported this trade bug' that gives you double the gold.
Shrine + granary and trader cost 750 gold. Getting this much gold via double trades alone this early in the game is mind boggling.

I want you to be open about this. How does this trade bug exactly work so that the community can stay clear of it. You owe this to the other teams that played fair and square with all their hearts and passion. You could have used this game to learn like so many of us have taken a deep bow to the better players. I do hope this game is salvageable but boy, I am damn mad.

(January 11th, 2018, 23:13)TheArchduke Wrote:
(January 11th, 2018, 23:11)oledavy Wrote:

That is really bad then.

EDIT: Wait did Mike read the lurker thread as well?

I have not read the lurker thread. 
Somehow I never even had the urge to look into a different thread. 
However, someone I know on discord who has been following the game, send me a message someone talked about cheating in the Lurkerthread. 
Despite not calling names, I ofcourse realised what was talked about, and already feeling guilty I decided to trow it in here to prevent worse. Especially for Jasper. 

I also agree that, with the current state, perhaps dropping / deleting the whole team might be the most 'fair'. 
After all, there is no denying that I influenced a key point of the game here.