As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM29 Greens Tech Thread

You'll just have to run a blitz session one weekend while I'm out of town to get ahead. I'm slowing the pace these days (sorry guys!)

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

since Dazed came on board we've had a pretty nice turnpace, that untill warring started, easily clocked in at ~10 turns a week and sometimes up to 3-4 turns a day

Xenu, everything alright? ... saves been at you for 21 hours ... or is it just your weekend travels that interfere again?

According to his PB7 thread he's out of town for the weekend. He didn't ask me to play for him, so I won't. Sorry, looks like the weekend may go without a turn.

Yeah sorry guys, I'm with the family in Tampa. I have my laptop so I may be able to play at some point today. If not...happy weekend? smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I'm still alive here folks. I'll be back home tonight around 9:00 PM or so (GMT -5), will play then. I got in late last night and wasn't up to it.

Xenu, I saw your post in PB7 about potentially holding PBEM29. Do you know how long that will probably be? Sounds like it will be 4 days or more?

I'm enjoying this game when we get to play but the slower turn pace is starting to cause me to lose some interest which is unfortunate since the game itself is at a really interesting stage.

To quote myself from my PB7 thread:

Stuff I said in the PB7 thread, paraphrased Wrote:It's finally time for me to hold up the game unless I get a sub. It's moving weekend, so today I have to disconnect Internet service at my current house and turn in the equipment. I'm loading the moving truck and heading out of town over the weekend. I have to be at the new house for who knows how long on Monday for the new Internet service to be connected, so in the meantime I'm on hold or will play slowly at least until I can get my PC setup at the new house over the weekend. I can probably manage downloading and uploading the PBEM save with my phone, a USB cable, and a bit of patience.

Note to self: uninstall Steam and Civ from the work laptop before turning it in lol

Is anyone interested in taking over for me for a little while? If you're interested in waging war and specialize in improbable come from behind victories, uphill battles, and defying the odds, then this is the game for you.

NOTE: I've already alienated one teammate/ded-lurker in this game, but I'll be on my best behavior, we swears it on the precious. Besides, it will be a fairly autonomous undertaking as I'll have limited opportunity to interfere with whatever plans the sub puts into place. I can check RB with my phone and post a bit but I'm not going to have a lot of time for that in the coming days anyway...so that may be good for whoever steps in to understand you have a lot of leeway in what you do on behalf of Mao and the Republican Party.

If anyone is interested please PM me or post in my thread here. Thanks!

Dazed, we cross posted a bit there. I'm really enjoying this game, too, and it's just getting to the good part for anyone who is lurking it. I'm sorry about the recent slow pace I've caused (yes, the same guy who raged early on about Kuro's play pace...rolleye), life is hectic right now and my available play time is nose diving. I don't want to see this game end yet, whether by concession, general agreement, or boredom/lack of interest. I don't want to be responsible for a PYFT rage quit by the other players so if I can get a short term/medium term sub that would be awesome. If someone would prefer to take over permanently rather than just subbing, I'd be willing to do that just so that I wouldn't deny the other players the fun they're having in this game. I know that my home and work schedules are going to be insane over the next few weeks with the move and starting my new job and it's already hard to commit the time to this game that is necessary for the stage we're at now. When someone wins this game it should be because they've earned it, beating out the other teams with everyone still actively trying to win. If I half ass it now and just send on the save that wouldn't be fair to anyone else, so I'd rather avoid that! I'll end the soliloquy there, sorry about the recent slow playing and hopefully help is on the way.

AutomatedTeller is going to sub for me for a little while. I'm not sure what the duration will be, at least for the weekend or until I can get Internet service established at my new house. I've posted in my thread where to send the emails for now until Novice can update the forwarder rules to correctly route emails originating from AT to go to Dazed's email account.

@AT, thanks for filling in, good luck!

@Novice, thanks for updating the rules and generally helping out with our game.

@Sian, I'd say something nice or say thanks for poking Novice but Mao won't allow it, as we're at war. crazyeye