As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Quote:5.73c
-Fixed minor bug : AI combat spell priorities while banished is wrong

Quote:5.73d
-Fixed bug : AI casts Wall of Shadows in combat when it's already in effect.

Thanks for updating the changelog, I'm sure that was a ton of work but it makes referencing everything so much easier! Many thanks!

11th best strategy game of all time? personally I think it should be higher, but hey, at least MoM is listed:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11...es-2019/5/

11 on that list is quite impressive actually. Let's not forget that's without any of the bugs fixed. If they released the game as it is now in 1.51 it might be top 3. I wonder what will happen to rankings after Slitherine includes the patches in the official release.

The 'best strategy games of all times' list with Into the Breach as №1? Oh, yes, it's a very, VERY adequate list...

New version!

Quote:5.74
-The AI will now skip the spell blast check when deciding for power distribution during researching Spell of Mastery if the human player is less than 40% as powerful as the strongest AI. This guarantees that AIs in a superior position will have a reason to break their alliance and start a war in response to their Spell of Mastery getting spell blasted, instead of doing nothing relevant until the human player researches it first.
-When the AI picks the “researching Spell of Mastery in less than 50 turns” strategy, it'll now always improve its diplomatic relations with other players, not only when they are also low on mana crystals and want to save on costs associated with war. However in the latter case they improve relation twice as fast. This is intended to trick the human player into accepting a peace and letting the AI reach the SoM but it also helps the AI avoid conflict with other AI and gather enough troops to be able to defend itself better while casting it.
-If the AI knows Time Stop, chooses to cast Spell of Mastery, and Time Stop is not in effect, it'll cast Time Stop first instead.
-The AI will not cast Flame Strike against 0 vulnerable targets - Invisibility now only allows casting it on 1 vulnerable target instead of the default 2, but not 0.
-Towers of Wizardry no longer have twice the normal chance to contain Death realm monsters - all 5 realms now have the same chance to appear.
-The AI will not use “go towards the gate if blocked by invisible unit” tactic if the combat doesn't happen at a city with city walls.
-Fixed bug : Flying ships show Sailing movement type on overland stack view.
-Units with 0 movement remaining now default to “selected” state when on the same tile as a ship that can still move.
-Fixed bug : Lycanthropy doesn't remove Orihalcon
-Replaced scrolling credits on the start screen
-In the optional portrait files, the Warlock hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Knight hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Black Knight hero is now Hibiki instead of Remilia
-In the optional portrait files, the Black Knight hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Swordsman hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Magician hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Witch hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Golden One hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.
-In the optional portrait files, the Huntress hero is now Shizuru instead of Satoko
-In the optional portrait files, the Huntress hero's unit sprites have been redrawn to match the character name and portrait.

Seravy, thanks for this amazing work!

I want to start playing MoM again, and I need to start from scratch. I didn't find a clear guide on how to install the game and the patches.
Do I simply add 5.74 to a vanilla game? Or do I need to install the unofficial patch first?

You can simply add CoM 5.74 to the MoM 1.31 files yes. You don't need the unofficial patch.

Thanks!

I also noticed that some keyboard shortcuts do not function properly, e.g. "," or "." to move from one city to previous/next one, or some others like "O" for ok or others. Is it a common problem?