As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Seems all works now.

I'm getting a crash to desktop whenever I cast Holy Weapon in Caster of Magic 5.75. Is there a correct place to report it or submit a saved game? Thanks for updating this classic game by the way, I'm very much enjoying your work!

You can report it here.
I tried casting it in combat and overland and both worked so there must be something special needed to trigger the bug.

Sometimes I have trouble differentiating, on a glance, spellserkers (silly, but accurate name) from berserkers when they are on patrol. The sprite also seems to be shared with gladiators, but as their hair is light blonde, they jump out from the stack. The mentioned two look different enough in colors (and I kinda like that spellserkers seem to carry bronze swords, less damage but necessary for their magics? Lore pondering, I disgress), but would be within possibility in a future release to modify their sprites to make one a bit more distinctive from the other?

I'm willing to include new sprites for any unit that is currently a recolored version of an old one as long as someone provides me those sprites. It's not a trivial task as each unit uses 33 images : 4 animation frames for each of the 8 directions they can face, plus the unit icon.
I can most likely do it myself but it's very time consuming and that time is taken away from improving other, more important parts of the game.

(if there is one unit that definitely needs this very much, that's the Carrack which currently is completely identical to a Galley. At least everything else already has different colors.)

Channeller retort by description halves spell maintaince.

Surprizingly, it also halves maintaince for summonned creatures. Was it intended? Very strong feature.

Yes, intended. Summoning spells are also spells.

what is a "spellserkers" ?

A barbarian unit. It was added last year. They can cast spells but are a melee unit with good hp and thrown, very different from the usual magicians other races get.

ah, I couldn't find them in this chart https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...p?tid=8062 thanks