As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB75: Superdeath forced to play

(January 21st, 2024, 11:04)pindicator Wrote: I always knew them as Muddy Buddies, but maybe the name is a regional thing

known by many things across the midwest.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(January 20th, 2024, 19:47)superdeath Wrote: Rough dotmap so far. 2nd city i feel comfortable locking in, but no real clue where ill place the 3rd. Normally of course you would want to settle around your capital, maybe there is something in the fog north/northwest of the rice that could give me a decent option?

What's your reasoning behind those dots?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(January 23rd, 2024, 06:38)Tarkeel Wrote:
(January 20th, 2024, 19:47)superdeath Wrote: Rough dotmap so far. 2nd city i feel comfortable locking in, but no real clue where ill place the 3rd. Normally of course you would want to settle around your capital, maybe there is something in the fog north/northwest of the rice that could give me a decent option?

What's your reasoning behind those dots?

2nd city borrows/takes the wheat from the capital to grow along with the floodplains. unless something magical is in the fog to the SE of it, it will be growing cottages. The southern city (dependent one whats in the fog of course) is a future settler/military city. Good amount of food, alot of hills. Might place a city above the grassland tile next to the oasis to the east too.. I havent shared an updated map because i keep forgetting to take screenshots, but i believe the grass hill 2 tiles up from the rice will be a city due to a pig tile being there as well, plan to grow cottages. Same with the city to the east of that with the floodplains. Might make it produce some minor military.

Capital is going to focus on pumping out settlers followed by working cottages into its settler rotation. Ive really noticed that i start building cottages FAR too late, and end up with Hamlets when other people have Towns. So, this game i plan on building them early, and keeping them working if i can. Tech plans are BW-wheel-pottery-/writing/AH-IW-go to currency. Rough plan. The discovery of that pig really pushed AH up. Probably going to tech it before writing. IW b4 currency is for protection, and more importantly i found a couple gems to the north that are of course under jungle. Its a bit of a jog to get up there, so likely a half way marker/contested zone. I will be scouting a bigger circle to see what all i can comfortably get settled/pink dotted due to CRE/AGG and eventually Praets.

Calendar/Monarchy seems to be the closest happiness i can find outside of the gems to the far north, if i cant find any actual early happiness ill have to really rush to calendar i think. Despite alot of desert, my initial 3-4 cities will easily hit their happy cap and be pressed to the limit. Curious what is in that desert. Is it worth settling? Did Pindicator leave gold or some godly floodplains corn + forested lake fish city location there? Tune in in 70 turns when i get around to scouting there.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: qTKzrB1.png] 
Worker on rice will finish rice, and chop the forest SE of it to save a turn on a future settler for the pig/crab.

[Image: RM5RHNA.png] 
Worker being made now will chop the forest next to the capital/wheat. Saves a turn on settler. Border pop will reveal the last tile by the 2nd city location, but it probably doesnt matter what it could be, as i think thats still the best location for the 2nd city. Im sure someone could/would argue that the northern pigs/crab city would be better, but that would deviate from my BW-Wheel-Pottery-AH route. The pig city should be able to grow and get a chop into a granary b4 needing the pig if its not researched already. Maybe going Wheel-AH is the better choice, but im trying very hard to get cottages started early, and to lean on them more. Im pegging that Pig/crab/dye city to be a great cottage wonderland. 

[Image: x3IJbMu.png]
-Old Harry. PB48.

Looks like Nauf/Rusten is my Northern neighbor? Unless their scout travelled a long ways. Not my first choice for a neighbor if im being honest.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Got Nauf/rusten for a northern neighbor.. so i gotta push for the gems chokepoint? THEN i have to race south to grab Ricky's land before Gavagai likely finds, and takes him over. Ugh. (Gavagai is to the east of Ricky)
-Old Harry. PB48.

(February 11th, 2024, 20:01)superdeath Wrote: [...]THEN i have to race south to grab Ricky's land before Gavagai likely finds, and takes him over. Ugh. (Gavagai is to the east of Ricky)

...and where is Rick? Last report had you thinking Rustfrogger to the north somewhere.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(February 12th, 2024, 00:56)Tarkeel Wrote:
(February 11th, 2024, 20:01)superdeath Wrote: [...]THEN i have to race south to grab Ricky's land before Gavagai likely finds, and takes him over. Ugh. (Gavagai is to the east of Ricky)

...and where is Rick? Last report had you thinking Rustfrogger to the north somewhere.

smoke 

next turn ill show a blown up map of what i have found/ect. Im 99% sure that Froggrust is to the north, as that is where their scout came from, and i dont see them not scouting around their area and THEN sending a scout rather than sending it on a journey like someone else might do. So, they would pretty much have to be my northern neighbor. Havent confirmed it yet. My current scout is going past Gavagai to see who might keep him in check, and going to go from there. Might make another scout after this round of warrior/settler/workers ect that i have in my 2nd city and cap. 3rd city should be down in about... 6-7 turns. A little slower than i would like, but the 4th-7th cities should be respectable compared to the field.
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: xX5ir9k.png] 

Rough dotmap for the north, i THINK its fairly well set in stone, Would be a bit rougher without Creative so im thankful that i decided on it instead of Genghis. Although IMP would have been good too, having easy border pops really is going to make this desert shit tolerable.

[Image: eYM6Hnr.png] 

Now, im hoping i can race settlers down here and MAYBE get that copper/pig/corn site. its super unlikely as that is Very close to Ricky, but maybe if he expands in a different direction or doesnt uh, know what he is doing more than i... maybe i can grab it and from there have a nice staging ground. Ill 100% be able to get the double clam site. So im roughly 70% sure i can get that monster site.

[Image: 7is4bf2.png] 
Up north the gems im hoping i can grab. That would be an AMAZING steal. Plus it would be a pretty damn good pair of fortress cities. Obviously defending one city is easier, but until fairly late, my praets should work as defenders.

Goal is to expand to 10-13 cities, somewhere around the 8th city start building a praet and maybe cat army and take Ricky out. Keeping a decent stack in the north to deter them. Ill have to keep a watchful eye on Gavagai and whether or not he starts taking ricky cities. THATS why its very important for me to find out who is his neighbor. Map is kinda feeling like everyone is along the edge of a desert. Unless its just my side? Im seeing some plains north of Gavagai, but i had some plains before desert same with Ricky.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Met Mjmd's scout just east of Gavagai. Heading East to see if he borders him. If not then Mjmd might border him to the north?

Anything lurkers wanna know? Anything yal' want me to post in the future? Always lonely in these threads. No one likes to dedlurk the psychopaths. frown
-Old Harry. PB48.