As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Welcome!

Catwalk Wrote:That's why I wanted to move here, I've been here often for my MoO needs before.

I am wondering where the MoO2 forum part is? The MoO forum appears to be entirely dedicated to MoO1.

Catwalk Wrote:Check on most of those!

I just found out what my favourite games (MoM, MoO, Catan, rogue-likes, TBS-games) have in common: they are all 4X games as wikipedia titles them.
That is "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate".

I am catching up on older games I've missed, including Master of Magic.

I've been playing recently:
- Heroes of Might and Magic V
- Master of Magic
- Master of Orion
- Age of Wonders

So far, Master of Magic has been my favorite!

Why don't we forget patching it.. and just recreate it?
Make it extensible, with plug in libraries.

Chrispedersen Wrote:Why don't we forget patching it.. and just recreate it?

If I understand correctly, you suggest recreating Master of Magic from scratch.

The internet is full of dead MoM projects. What makes you think you can do better ? Can you code, for example ?

Chrispedersen Wrote:Why don't we forget patching it.. and just recreate it?
What I like about mods and patches is that they're playable without being complete. And they're smaller in scope than a full recreation. We'd need to create AI from scratch, for example. And while the AI in MoM is horrible, that'd still be a lot of effort.

However, should anyone step up to spearhead an effort I'm sure he could gather quite a bit of support here. I'm sceptical, but not against the idea by any means.

Hi all,

Very happy to stumble upon this forum, I've enjoyed MOM ever since I bought the original floppies (long gone) during the glory days of Microprose.
Anyhow, I would love to try 1.4h but now have a 64bit machine - can anyone steer me to directions for loading MOM on the modern platform?
Many thanks!

PS
What do I remember from my early days with MOM? - save early and save often.

http://www.dosbox.com/

And that's all you need. Works with virtually any 16bit game from the DOS era.

thanks!

Mist Wrote:http://www.dosbox.com/

And that's all you need. Works with virtually any 16bit game from the DOS era.
In my opinion DosBOX without a good interface is not very user-friendly and easy-to-use. I'd recommend installing D-Fend Reloaded, which makes things SO much easier smile

EDIT: Forgot to mention D-Fend Reloaded requires DosBOX installed.