As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] naufragar's fist full of pesos (Montezuma)

(November 28th, 2019, 15:13)naufragar Wrote: so the map has changed enough that it would be foolish to rely on the old version
I'm very happy to hear that. That was my intention modifying the old map: changing it enough so that  you'd have to explore the map while keeping the old map's "charm".

Oh, and we're at 27+ storys now. Crazy. lol

(November 28th, 2019, 14:27)Charriu Wrote:
(November 28th, 2019, 11:45)Commodore Wrote: It would look less rough with Ctrl-R.

Are you Dutch?

Now I'm curious. What made you think he's Dutch?

Looked like the English channel, but Baltic is a better guess.

Spoiler alert, we can probably figure out where he is definitively if we correlate with the Superdeath start, because we know Murphy says they're neighbors.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(November 28th, 2019, 17:22)Commodore Wrote: Spoiler alert, we can probably figure out where he is definitively if we correlate with the Superdeath start, because we know Murphy says they're neighbors.

No, no! You've got our relationship completely wrong! lol The story of Superdeath and me is the story of alliances that almost happened. In PB38 (if we had played our games completely differently) we could have allied to attack Rusten. In PB41, I even told him post elimination that I had wanted to look for ways for us to skewer you! In PB45, it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that he and I unite against a common enemy whose teammate might read this. wink

Maybe this is the game we finally draw swords as brothers. As destiny commands! crown

And boy did I misunderstand your Dutch comment. Yeah, you were very, very close to the spot.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

This start is fascinating. Now with resource icons.

How should I play this? I've got one absolutely stupid plan and want validation. wink

(December 7th, 2019, 12:01)naufragar Wrote: I've got one absolutely stupid plan and want validation. wink

Settler 6-9 is absolutely stupid, but I doubt you mean this.

(December 7th, 2019, 13:33)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote:
(December 7th, 2019, 12:01)naufragar Wrote: I've got one absolutely stupid plan and want validation. wink

Settler 6-9 is absolutely stupid, but I doubt you mean this.

Slow Woah. Yeah. That's much worse. I was far too careless when I said "absolutely."

As a side note, I don't know if I've played Deity more than once in my life. These tech costs take some getting used to, and I'm sure the power of the barbs will be another surprise.

The stupid idea was to not tech Agriculture until very late and instead rely on mining the pigs. I think I do want to go Agriculture first. My current plan has me relying on 1 worker for ~45 turns, but this should be ok because that worker has nothing to do.  crazyeye Aztec techs are very bad. The plus side is that I can go for an early settler, because what else is there to do? Agg/Spi + Hunting/Mysticism is incredibly slow, but that's life. Weirdly, in my sims, I found myself not wanting workers or even settlers for a long time. Hopefully that changes as I explore the map, because if the only thing I'm looking forward to is Pottery, I will have a very long wait.

When I say "early settler," I mean something like turn 36. This start really is interesting.

Very interesting start.

(November 28th, 2019, 16:42)Lord of the Civ Wrote:
(November 28th, 2019, 15:13)naufragar Wrote: so the map has changed enough that it would be foolish to rely on the old version
I'm very happy to hear that. That was my intention modifying the old map: changing it enough so that  you'd have to explore the map while keeping the old map's "charm".

Oh, and we're at 27+ storys now. Crazy. lol

@LotC - just to give a little update: we're at 37 stories on civforum.de as of today (I looked in on all of them), NOT counting the one naufragar has posted there to mirror this one.

@naufragar: Enjoy the game!

(December 15th, 2019, 15:50)Papa Bear Wrote: @naufragar: Enjoy the game!

Thanks, Papa Bear! I'll promise to report once I find something interesting. For now, just passing the turns. F5