As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

I thought about religion over the day and I came to the same conclusion as you did. So Animal Husbandry it is.

I will post graphs next turn and will post them on a regular basis (every 5 turns). Of course if something interesting happens I will post some in between. And yes we are working all improved tiles. Thanks.

Don't take everything planned after T52 as set in stone. It's just a rough plan and I will actually start on planning those turns the next days.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I've worked out "Rapid Expansion plan". Still a very rough plan, but here are the features:
  • T51: Karlabos founded
  • T56: 4th worker finished
  • T58: 4th settler finished
  • T59: 4th city founded
  • T63: Ivory connected
  • T64: 5th settler finished
  • T65: 5th city founded
  • T67: 6th settler finished and 5th worker finished
  • T69: 6th city founded
  • 4 additional archer
  • Granary in Karlabos
  • 3 tiles improved (Cow, Crab and Grasland mine) near Karlabos
  • 2 cottages for Exdeath
  • Roadworks to all cities
  • Techpath: Animal Husbandry->Sailing->Iron Working
The biggest disadvantage would be that I only have 4 workers and I have only one defender for every city. I may go back to the plan and see how I can speed things up with some good chops.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

What are the unit types of the one defender per city? Do you need a couple chariots to play barb zone defense?

Exdeath = 1 warrior
Wind Raptor = 1 warrior
Karlabos = 1 warrior, 1 archer (later)
4th = 1 archer
5th = 1 archer
6th = 1 archer

I may work in some chariots after I located horses.

Buy me a coffee

T45:

International: Magic discovered a tech this turn, but it was not Meditation or Polytheism. RFS connected his corn in Lighthouse and Coeurva founded his 3rd city.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG?raw=1]

Well look what War Wilhelm found there. Very nice and with our 3rd and 4th city that place is in a very convenient spot. I will look into dotmapping that area after I explored the other tiles to the SE of Wilhelm. The gems is also at the same distance as the gold, which confirms for me that there is another player to my east or north-east. With the current shape of the coast line and the evenly distanced gold and gems my gut tells me that the map could look like a big strip of land which wraps around the world with seperated seas at the north and south.

As you can see there's also an unpromoted barb coming my way north of Wind Raptor. War Walpole is in a good position and the barb has only a >1% chance of winning against him, so no worry. And as has already been said I gave up on religion and went for Animal Husbandry.

Graphs:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0067.JPG?raw=1]

I'm actually first in GNP according to demos. Nice.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG?raw=1]

Buy me a coffee

Well we're #1 for at least some time. That gems and cows spot looks really tasty -- and it also presents us with some options for a very mediocre filler spot for city 8.

These reaches we're going to have to make will mean we will need to keep a high power -- we also might want to think about an early metal casing to engineering play. Cho-Ko-Nus can counter Praetorians.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

To clarify what I tried to describe about the map. This is what the map could look like in my imagination:

[Image: Map.png?raw=1]

Here is my reasoning:
  • I already mentioned the evently spaced gold and gems, both are at the same distance to my, RFS and Coeurva's capitol.
  • My coastline looks very flat and stretched.
  • Coeurva started with fishing and went for a capitol with another water tile in it. So there must be coast around his capitol.
  • Oh and if I'm correct this would also mean that everybody as an island similar to mine in the south of his capitol.

Buy me a coffee

T46:

Nothing interesting to show. I noticed that Coeurva has stopped putting more espionage points into me and I think RFS did that, too. That means that both have contact to other players. They still don't know of each other. I'm still pumping more espionage into RFS. This should lose him graphs on me at some point, which would benefit a later attack on him. Maybe I even see his tech path.

War Wilhelm continues exploration, but did not find anything more interesting. You will see it in the next turn, when he uncovered the last tile. The barbarian north of Wind Raptor is also gone and I don't know, where he went to.

Buy me a coffee

And I had time to refine my plan and now can present to you "No Mine in Karlabos" plan. Here are the main features:

• T51: Karlabos founded
  • T53: 4th worker finished (previously T56)
  • T56: 4th settler finished (previously T58)
  • T57: Forest on 4th city chopped before founding the city (it's in my culture border at that point)
  • T57: 4th city founded (previously T59)
  • T63: Ivory connected
  • T65: 5th worker finished (previously T66)
  • T66: 5th settler finished (previously T64)
  • T66: 6th settler finished
  • T67: 5th city founded (previously T65)
  • T68: 6th city founded (previously T69)
  • 4 additional archer
  • Granary in Karlabos
  • Exdeath is still at size 4 so that it can grow on to the cottages
  • 2 tiles improved (Cow, Crab) near Karlabos
  • 2 cottages for Exdeath when it's at size 6
  • Roadworks to all cities
  • Finished Barracks in Exdeath (Hammers will decay at T72)
  • Techpath: Animal Husbandry->Sailing->Iron Working
I still have to verify this plan and check how many hammers the chop in the third ring of the capital gains, I remember it to be 13 hammers? So far I feel very confident with this plan. There is some flexibility in eat for example I could whip the 5th settler sooner. I'm very happy in chopping the wood under the 4th city before founding it. Those hammers were just lost by founding.

Buy me a coffee

T47:

International: Magic whipped again last turn. He may really be struggling with something. But I also noticed that he started played the last turn and this turn immediately, so maybe his struggles are over.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0071.JPG?raw=1]

War Wilhelm uncovered the last tiles in the east for now. Plain cow is certainly not awesome, but it's better then nothing. Back on the other side...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG?raw=1]

... the barb appeared again. I really hope that it's moving to RFS. He propably does not expect a barb from this direction. Just to be safe I moved War Walpole to the marble. As you can see my settler will also be finished next turn. I validated "No mine in Karlabos" plan and it had some minor mistakes that I could repair, so the plan is working and will be put into action.

Buy me a coffee