As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

bangheadbangheadbangheadrantrantrantrantrantbackstabbackstabbackstabbackstabbackstabhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerbash:bashbashbashbashbashbashbash[Image: cursing.gif][Image: cursing.gif][Image: cursing.gif][Image: cursing.gif]

[Image: angry.gif]

(exasperated original post redacted before submission).

[Image: T138-NakorEliminated.JPG]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

lol

Did you want to keep the city?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

This just isn't your game.

No, I wanted to burn it myself and build my own city there. I'm always a day late and a dollar short in this game.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Well you're in luck, there is now no city at your desired city site. :-)

Other than leaving bloodthirsty lurkers unslaked, how is this a bad thing? (raze gold for small/new cities is small generally.)

It isn't about 5 gold for capturing a city, or gaining 2 XP for killing the GG archer. I don't play these games by the numbers, it isn't chess. I don't play rationally, I don't set goals rationally, and I don't cope rationally. That's part of why I lose, apart from being an average (at best) player. I'm not playing to win this game now, I'm playing for my own goals, and even in the pursuit of those abstract goals I'm setting for myself I'm being frustrated by the way the game unfolds. The outcome of this event is fine, I can settle this spot with my next settler (but OMG death jihad against the Zulu if they settle it first). But I viewed that as my city to take. This is the whole "it isn't about the destination, but the journey" thing. I'm looking for ways for this game to still be fun and things like this keep happening that are going to push me into playing one minute turns, not setting further goals, and whipping a unit every turn until the game declares a winner.

Anyway, I'm not playing this turn today. Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow. Best to let it breathe for now.

(March 2nd, 2013, 14:13)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: But I viewed that as my city to take.

You don't think the Zulus, who captured every other Indian city, had a reasonable case for delivering the final blow?

alright

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I doubt anyone planted a sign on that tile before I did. Had I not been invaded twice Glad Fish would already be settled there. Besides, the Zulu got enough easy cities, didn't they?

(March 2nd, 2013, 15:13)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I doubt anyone planted a sign on that tile before I did. Had I not been invaded twice Glad Fish would already be settled there. Besides, the Zulu got enough easy cities, didn't they?

You say you've been invaded twice. I recall Brick attacking you. What was the second invasion?

He lost a city to Serdoa