As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

A very simple solution presents itself! Take your frustrations out on the Zulu! hammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammer

Sure. My legions of spears will inspire fear in them. Meanwhile when my ten turns of peace with Brick are over I'm going to assume that big stack of horse archers is still around. If he finds my spears/archers elsewhere it's going to be a quick exit for me.

Basically all I can build that the Zulu would have any reason to fear would be a big stack of axes. To get that I'd have to whip down in a hurry again and if I do that I really have to keep most of the units in my cities to overcome whip anger. My cities all have between 4 and 6 unhappy faces from whip anger right now. HR is the only thing keeping me going. Rolling out on the offensive is tough to do in any meaningful way right now. Sending a few boats of things at Nakor's cities is one thing. Launching an invasion at the big island is another sort of problem, especially with the mobility advantage the Zulu would have. I guess it's all excuses. I just feel like if I launch a real invasion that Brick is probably going to kill me. Unless I see any indication that Serdoa marches his big stack of axes into the middle of Brick's empire to keep my rear secure, I really don't have a good way to attack south as long as I have to strongly defend the north.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I'll post a real report for T139 when I have time, but the highlight:

[Image: T139-NewFishUnderNewNewManagement.JPG]

War! I hope Brick beats Serdoa senseless, but it won't happen I'm sure. But this, at least, I find hilarious. Get 'em Brick! May both of your armies be wasted. bash

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

New Fish was worth it, just for that. Now your backline is secure. Go pound away at the Zulu!

Or, you take the fight to Brick while his attention is elsewhere. You'd get your culture back in a hurry recapturing your old cities.

Are you still alive?

Yeah, I'm still plodding along, I'll post an update eventually. There isn't really anything exciting going on down my way for now. It may change soon, I dunno. Brick has realigned his troops, shifting his army back toward my border after his skirmish with Serdoa. Unfortunately they didn't embark on a brutal fight to the death. They fought over the remnants of New Fish, it changed hands, and is back in Serdoa's possession as if nothing ever happened. I'm hoping that they at least wasted a lot of units but I don't really think they did.

Anyway enforced peace with Brick is over, he's moving his forces back my direction, and he still doesn't have enough to take me out. If he declares I'll just whip my cities back into the ground for even more units he can't kill, and I'll keep playing turns until someone with a credible amount of force invades, or until I get invaded by more than one civ at a time. That would throw a wrench in the works, too. So far I'm not seeing overt signs of hostility from the Zulu, and I really shouldn't considering the significant amount of land they can now expand into (to their east, it's kinda sickening that they have that option and I don't). I'll post a screenshot of the area eventually, but anyone not dedlurking here can look at Slowcheetah's thread and see what the area looks like.

Going out of town for the weekend, maybe an update next week, we'll see.

[Image: spoiled.jpg]

Ded-lurker punching out on the time clock. I'll still be around if you need anything, but seeing as you haven't, I'm curious as to what else is happening out there.

So THAT's what boldly looks like... and y'all are twins, right?

(March 11th, 2013, 11:30)Ceiliazul Wrote: So THAT's what boldly looks like... and y'all are twins, right?

Yeah. I'm the pretty one. smile

RL Spoiler: Boldly has two pugs. Let me rephrase that. He has two communist dogs.

(Welcome to the fucking show).

And I've already shown a family portrait around here before, the pug is not at all representative of this twin. I'm the one in the awesome red cape plotting to menace the universe:

[Image: South_Park_Xenu.jpg]

And my pets look more like this than the mongrel dogs Boldly prefers:

[Image: TyrantCat.jpg]