As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

(January 29th, 2018, 19:35)Singaboy Wrote: 'Gave up the ghost' does sound very German indeed. Not an expression I ever heard from a native English speaker.

Anyway, please let us know your status. The recent spate of intermittent play is not really conducive to play. You develop great ideas and thoughts and a few days later, you can't even recall what you wanted to do.

That was the point.

Probably stems from the common routes. Give up the ghost is a "germanism" in my eyes. It seems a "dutchism" as well.:D

But it seems I have to stand corrected.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/give_up_the_ghost

Sounds like Old English though.

Update time!

Had a tech-savy friend look at my PC, and it is thouroughly bricked. I have ordered parts for a new one, should all be there in a week or so. Apologies to everyone for the delays.

BTW if anyone here is thinking about getting an upgrade for your GPU soon, DON'T. Bitcoin-miners have been buying up graphiccards en masse and almost everything above a AMD 570/Nvidia 1050 has tripled in price or  been bought up entirely (at least here in the Netherlands, we have the perfect storm of a high demand and almost no suppliers for tech).

Quote:I have ordered parts for a new one, should all be there in a week or so

To be honest, though such a situation can always arise, I find this pretty irritating. Next week you might have more problems with your new rig etc and the game gets delayed further and further and interest is dropping etc. Isn't there some other possibility for the time being? Could someone play Japper's turns for the time being? Maybe cornflakes getting temporary access playing both turns while discussing with Japper what to play and do? That should be possible, no?

Yeah, I think a replacement is in order for the time being.

It looks like I will be able to play the turns until his PC is working. It will be a few more hours probably until I can pass the turn along.

Great Cornflakes! This is really appreciated by all the other players.

Turn played and passed

Thanks again Cornflakes and Sulla, for stepping up and keeping this game going! While I can't really wish you the 'best of luck' in this game. A simple thank you will hopefully suffice.

Something came up in the discussion in our own thread and I would like to get a ban on city gifting. While we had not discussed this earlier on, we feel that city gifting opens up a can of worms.

There are endless possibilities how this could get abused and we do feel, we do not want cheesy stuff in RB MP games. So, I hope we can get an agreement that from here on, no more city gifting between team players.

Just to make clear why we feel that is a real exploitative tactic:

For example, any civ with inherent such bonuses could build a cheaper district, a cheaper wonder, free buildings and roads and then gift the city to the other team player to enjoy bonuses that were never meant to be given that way.