As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

I will do that after I connected the copper
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I've looked into the barbarian situation in the north. Back with the barbarian in the west I posted this and we are now in scenario B)

Quote:B) NumCities > 3*NumPlayersAlive:
The restrictions for the missions are lifted to
  • pillage on the 3rd turn
  • attack city on the second turn
  • If the barbs have calculated AREAAI_OFFENSIVE for their AreaAI (huge numbers of ATTACK barb units, most likely after random event; normally it's AREAAI_MASSING) they will straight target their chosen city without any such restrictions.
[url=https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/when-do-barbarian-units-enter-cultural-borders.299483/#post-7461350][/url]
From here I see 3 possible scenarios:

Barb moves 1SE: This would interfere with our 4th city plans, but as long as I don't move a worker to a border tile, he should not enter my culture and maybe will leave again.
Barb moves 1W and 1SW: This could be really bad, because if he's 2N of the spice he will enter our culture to pillage the mine on the spice, the good thing is that Wind Raptor produces an archer just in time. The bad thing, we need that archer for happiness in the capitol.
Barb moves anywhere N: Best case scenario. We want that.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Sweet timing on the horses. If it pillages the spice mine, it’s not the worst thing in the world.

I agree we should pop out some chariots to ensure we can play zone defense.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

I just realized that Shallow did not have Animal Husbandry before I did or not very long. Why? Because I did not receive a Know Tech Bonus from anybody not even in the two turns since I encountered Shallow and discovered Animal Husbandry. Have to check my C&D for this aspect.

Buy me a coffee

T54:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG?raw=1]

The situation with the barbarians got worse. The new barbarian (propably the drunken barbarian from a few turns ago) will propably go into my culture. Have to think about my moves.

Buy me a coffee

It's not worse yet. I mean, if it comes in our borders, we do have an archer in the queue.

Bummer to not see a road on the spices mine; I don't know if we could have done it but alas for future worker turns.

Finally, is that tile that Shiva is on a floodplain?

EDIT: What's the happy situation like at Wind Raptor? does it make sense to swap to the Sugar Farm? (EDIT: not really, since we just whipped it. Once we get the ivory though...

www.earnestwords.com

What to do about those barbs:

First the one north of Exdeath. As mentioned previously he won't enter my culture as long as I don't keep any units in his attack range. I can work a road N of the pigs and maybe can start chopping the wood on the city tile with 1 turn delay. I planned for the other 2 workers near Karlabos to come back any way, so they can help to chop that would before I plant the city. If the warrior moves to the forest 1E of him, I have to change plans here again.

The one to the west is a bit more difficult. First should he attack my city he will die, because my fortified warrior has way better odds. This would be the ideal scenario. Other than that I see the followin options:

1. Whip the archer: This will be a mayor shift in planning. I will need to make a new plan with this chop in mind. The archer will get a promotion from my barracks and with the right promotions will have odds of 93% if the barbarian is on the hill.
  2. Whip the archer next turn: First some context. My worker will finish the road this turn. Next turn (T55) the barb can either move to the marble or 1N of it, my worker will move to Wind Raptor in T55 to improve the horse next turn. As mentioned before the barb has very low odds should he attack my city. Should the barb move to the spice or horse in T56 I will attack with my archer as in (1.)
  3. Don't whip: This is a gamble in which I hope that the barb either leaves again or attacks my city and dieing in the process.
So far I think the best thing for now is to not whip the archer and instead wait and see what the barb does.

Buy me a coffee

(August 2nd, 2018, 11:24)Zalson Wrote: It's not worse yet. I mean, if it comes in our borders, we do have an archer in the queue.

Bummer to not see a road on the spices mine; I don't know if we could have done it but alas for future worker turns.

EDIT: What's the happy situation like at Wind Raptor? does it make sense to swap to the Sugar Farm? (EDIT: not really, since we just whipped it. Once we get the ivory though...

Wind Raptor is at the happy cap. The tile under Shiva is not a floodplain, why did you ask?

Buy me a coffee

(August 2nd, 2018, 11:44)Charriu Wrote:
(August 2nd, 2018, 11:24)Zalson Wrote: It's not worse yet. I mean, if it comes in our borders, we do have an archer in the queue.

Wind Raptor is at the happy cap. The tile under Shiva is not a floodplain, why did you ask?

It looked a little like it was.

www.earnestwords.com

(August 2nd, 2018, 11:42)Charriu Wrote:
  1. Whip the archer: This will be a mayor shift in planning. I will need to make a new plan with this chop in mind. The archer will get a promotion from my barracks and with the right promotions will have odds of 93% if the barbarian is on the hill.
  2. Whip the archer next turn: First some context. My worker will finish the road this turn. Next turn (T55) the barb can either move to the marble or 1N of it, my worker will move to Wind Raptor in T55 to improve the horse next turn. As mentioned before the barb has very low odds should he attack my city. Should the barb move to the spice or horse in T56 I will attack with my archer as in (1.)
  3. Don't whip: This is a gamble in which I hope that the barb either leaves again or attacks my city and dieing in the process.

After a good chunk of planning and looking into the problem, I deceided to go with option 4. Don't whip and finish the archer in 2 turns. How am I going to do that? I go full in on hammers in Wind Raptor, starving the city for 5 food in the process. That way I get the archer finished with just the right amount of hammers and don't have to work Wind Raptor with only 2 pop for a long time. I looked into whipping Wind Raptor and still producing the settler for the southern island in time and this would have meant that Wind Raptor won't be happy for a long time. If you want to look into it the plan in the spreadsheet is called "Starving Wind". I already validated this plan and it works.

Buy me a coffee