As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

(March 24th, 2013, 18:53)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: Excuses, excuses. And don't tell me you can't attack Nakor because someone else killed him first.

Q, how do we submit this for QoTM? lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Post it in the thread.

Also those Praets were boated half-way round the world
[hint-hint]
Surely it'd be funner then trying to win waiting for BRick to kill you?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

(March 24th, 2013, 22:07)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Post it in the thread.

Also those Praets were boated half-way round the world
[hint-hint]
Surely it'd be funner then trying to win waiting for BRick to kill you?

They went half-way around the world to inspire derision to this very day. I don't think I want to duplicate that, er, feat. I've done enough smoke things in this game already without adding that to the resume.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

But... cry

WANT BLOOD!!1!
butcher2butcher2butcher2
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Quote:They went half-way around the world to inspire derision to this very day. I don't think I want to duplicate that, er, feat. I've done enough smoke things in this game already without adding that to the resume.

Well if you remember, they would have done a lot better if Whosit hadn't misclicked them (by unloading them before declaring war). Now I am sure that Spullla could have defended still, but it would have made it a lot more difficult.

This point has been discussed many times before and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but even if they had been successful and nt misclicked, there wasn't much benefit to the operation by attacking someone so far away. OK, dogpile the leader before they run away with the game, I get that. But it doesn't gain the attacker anything if they don't reap the spoils of war (land, gold, etc). So they help trade one top dog for another. I guess that is okay if you want to move up in the loser's bracket -- does anyone think I can catch a leader? No. Can I finish better than 7th or 8th? Maybe, but it's going to depend more on what the real players here do than on what I do. If a top dog comes a' callin' I'm dead, if they're committed to a total war effort. Likewise, if I go all in to spite attack someone big at best I can help them lose the game. I won't be able to hold the spoils of war to benefit from a long distance attack.

Now with all that said, I'll close by referring the reader to the title of this thread...so smoke away. Maybe there will be a retarded attack campaign at some point, if I can amass the troops to do it.

whipwhipwhiphammerhammerhammertroll:trolltroll

please

pat

innocent

Congrats on recapturing Blue Fish?

Brick really, really, REALLY needed iron. I'm guessing he couldn't get it anywhere else if he accepted my offer. mischief