As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

(January 10th, 2013, 10:50)kalin Wrote: Why not making the city on the desert hill, for the sheep?

Man, if the sheep was in range of the desert hill I'd be delighted, unfortunately, 1S is the only way to share that food.

(January 10th, 2013, 10:50)kalin Wrote: EDIT: Also, what's on that tile 1E of the iron, an unprotected worker by any chance? smile

nod It's still turn 78, so they still have a chance to move things around, but I'm not sure they realize the archers can move 2 thanks to the city->combat road. Let's hope they leave the feller exposed there, eh?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(January 10th, 2013, 10:57)Commodore Wrote: nod It's still turn 78, so they still have a chance to move things around, but I'm not sure they realize the archers can move 2 thanks to the city->combat road. Let's hope they leave the feller exposed there, eh?

It is presumably chopping, so I expect it to still be there next turn.
Kalin

One additional wrinkle occurs to me:

Azza is Rome with copper but not iron. I have zero need of swordsmen...so Azza might be willing to make a copper-iron trade.
Downside: Pisses off Lewwyn if he figures it out.
Upside: Partial pillage immunity.

How would the partial pillage immunity work? If you trade for it, wouldn't the deal cancel if Scooter were to pillage? Is this a Pitboss-simultaneous turn thing?

May Mindy's minions lay waste to the heathen Zulu nation in honour of our fearless leader and annointed one.

I'd have to check, but I believe if they pillage, I still get his copper. He'd naturally cancel once he needed his own metal, but an extra turn of metal could be worth it. I'm not completely sure if Praetorian are even worth it for him...I suspect they are, given their flexibility...a C1 Praet is almost as good as an axe vs. melee, and almost as good as a spear vs. horses.

And Mindy's Minions are going to slaughter a loooot of Zulu, no worries.

(January 10th, 2013, 13:47)Commodore Wrote: One additional wrinkle occurs to me:

Azza is Rome with copper but not iron. I have zero need of swordsmen...so Azza might be willing to make a copper-iron trade.
Downside: Pisses off Lewwyn if he figures it out.
Upside: Partial pillage immunity.

(January 10th, 2013, 16:23)Commodore Wrote: I'd have to check, but I believe if they pillage, I still get his copper. He'd naturally cancel once he needed his own metal, but an extra turn of metal could be worth it. I'm not completely sure if Praetorian are even worth it for him...I suspect they are, given their flexibility...a C1 Praet is almost as good as an axe vs. melee, and almost as good as a spear vs. horses.

And Mindy's Minions are going to slaughter a loooot of Zulu, no worries.

Iron pillaged = end to Iron/Copper trade. frown

And metagame....I'm not sure we want to support Azza vs Lewwyn.

Scooticator (our Blood Enemies due to proximity) are supporting Azza via Horse trade.

I'd rather have Lewwyn viewing us as "the guys who didn't support Azza" or better yet "the guys who took Azza'a copper city".

Rather than "those bastards who gave Azza Iron and need to get boated ASAP after Astro".

wink
fnord

BTW: nice job on the updates....it seems this thread is the most entertaining Spoiler thread atm:

[Image: 74ZNT.jpg]
fnord

Good deal! Thanks for watching, folks at home; I hope we continue to entertain. Here's where the turn began:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG]

And here's a teaser:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG]

popcorn

coffee

Ayup, I know. Okay, anyway, obviously, Pindicator covered his worker with McWarrior there, and I bundled over Mardoc's Company to clean out the infestation (56%). I won, going down to merely 2.4/3, and Willowbrooke is now safe. Ish. Just to be sure, we're starting an archer there, no point in messing about. Note the smug sheep...escaped their pen, they did. wink
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG]

So, after all that, here's the situation. Renaming their worker to Sami might be a bit mean. Anyway, that's the wounded chariot covered by a warrior there on the hill; looks like with two impi +chop they'll manage to hold Subway just fine, I offered peace in case they feel reasonable. Otherwise, we live in interesting times! I'll report the rest in a bit.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG]

I see Noble logging in, heh, looks like he's going to run a coup. If he does, zero chance of anything like peace.

Nicely done, Mardoc! multidance