As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

(November 27th, 2012, 07:44)Cyneheard Wrote: that's because he was splitting time with my left-footed soccer defender alter ego. [unison]We are all unique and special![/unison]

lol

(And just in case you didn't mean to reference one of the funniest movies ever made, because there it says "We are all individuals, we are all different": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA wink)
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

(November 27th, 2012, 07:55)Kylearan Wrote:
(November 27th, 2012, 07:44)Cyneheard Wrote: that's because he was splitting time with my left-footed soccer defender alter ego. [unison]We are all unique and special![/unison]

lol

(And just in case you didn't mean to reference one of the funniest movies ever made, because there it says "We are all individuals, we are all different": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA wink)

I was just about to shout "no I'm not".
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Hammerblood's dwarves are suffering from the urge to dig deeper and deeper.
Being driven almost mad by that endeavour Brackard withdrew and created this wonderful artefact:
[Image: artefactf.png]

"Boredrilled the Incinerated Triangle", which the dwarves planted in front of their mountainhall for all to enjoy!

Shortly afterwards:
[Image: hellbreach.png]

"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

[Image: balrog.jpg]

[Image: sunrisedeath.png]
[Image: brackarddeath.png]

However they got off lightly. There were dwarves that got kicked around for days before succumbing.
And remember there were little dwarves as well. I spare you the gruesome details of that.
Instead this placeholder says it all:
[Image: puppydeath.png]

And so nobody has heard from the dwarves of Hammerblood for a long time!
Is there a hero out there, brave enough to explore their fate?

The Save.

mh
---

OOC:

I was desperately trying to find a way "too deep".
There are three possible ways, one much too complicated, one very unlikely and immensely dangerous and one just unlikely.
I basically equipped all dwarves I could spare with iron picks and let them dig.
The 1st cavern turned out to be actual the 2nd cavern and also being home to hostile Bat-Men!!
Years of in-game digging did not yield any results, so I resorted to cheating and finally found a way to dig too deep.

I am not going into specifics here, to not spoil anyone. Since this fort was more or less only there to make the adventuring for Uberfish more interesting it was badly mismanaged and misdesigned.

I really would like to do a proper fortress either alone or ideally as a succession fort. Then I will also name the dwarves after lurkers again.
Basically at the moment all the lurker-dwarves died. Only Tasunke's nickname made it into the game's historical characters list. The others are there as well, but not with their custom nicknames, so very hard to find. Not sure why that is.

The next steps would be for Uberfish or any other taker to grab the save and go explore the ruins of Hammerblood as adventurer.
After that we will see.
A proper fort sounds like a good idea. Suggestions are welcome.

mh
---

MH how do you want to do the fortress - I'll play but we need to figure out who else is playing, settings/site etc

(anyone else would be welcome to play even if you're not sure what's going on because disasters are part of the fun)

How about a 'bridge' fort

say if you develop girlish bridge into a full fort, multilevel otwers on each end, and various additions to the bridge itself, make it a real project

Uberfish, I was thinking you wanted to "adventure" Hammerblood first? I unleashed all that especially for you! smile

As for the fortress afterwards, I will write some thoughts together.
It would be good if people who are interested in taking a turn in a succession type fort will speak up.
(November 28th, 2012, 08:18)Jkaen Wrote: say if you develop girlish bridge into a full fort, multilevel otwers on each end, and various additions to the bridge itself, make it a real project
What do you mean a "real project"?!!! wink

mh
---

As in a very big project rather than the mini 1-2 year ones you have doen in fortress mode so far in this world.

I dont have the time unfortunaly to help out with this task

(November 28th, 2012, 08:13)uberfish Wrote: MH how do you want to do the fortress - I'll play but we need to figure out who else is playing, settings/site etc

(anyone else would be welcome to play even if you're not sure what's going on because disasters are part of the fun)

I never played a DF fortress ( messed around a bit with the adventure mode), but I'd be interested to give it a go, if the other players don't mind the disaster that will invariably happen.