As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB74 spoilers] Plemo in epic contest

For a given occasion a somewhat larger update.

Since this round I have Greenline's graphs. Also, he sends me back the following trade offer after I sent it to him and Picca 2 turns ago.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078680]

For the sake of completeness, the graphs.

Points are still not very meaningful.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078675]

BSP is backward. Probably Karl and the PRO- bonus would have been better for my game - at least to start. However, SD is creative and Greenline has founded a religion.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078676]

Production paired with IMP is pretty damn strong.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078677]

Food should start showing up in the next few turns.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078678]

Military I am leading with two copper units.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078682]

Culture is ignored as always at the beginning. I have also always set my cities to food resources so far.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078683]

This turn I founded two more cities.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078684]

This makes the demo look pretty good.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078685]

This is what my country looks like.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2078686]

If I want to add cities as soon as possible, I will have 8 cities on turn 56 (including the island). Optimally, I can then found 6 more cities peacefully, so I'm already starting to look at intervening with neighbors.

What bothers me about the early island settlement is that I don't use my special building. If I want to use it, the settlement of the island takes place in turn 60 with the option in turn 62 to besiege the German coast with a galley and/or to burn their capital.

There was discussion on Civforum about what I do when no food shows up at the island city by the black spots.

HeymlicH;9235610 Wrote:Good luck :laugh:

What do you do with the city if there is no ressi there? Occupy the stones, and build lighthouse and granary on size 1? When it's done with that 100 turns later, an enemy comes along and tears it down. :D

Or just produce a few units without a granary or lighthouse?

I mean, is it really worth defending such a weak city? If not, are buildings worth it?

If there's no food there, I might as well use the settler to found the wheat city. Due to the weakened FIN, coast only gives 3 gold with lighthouse and also on land the bonus only comes at 3 gold later, so I have to prioritize commerce early here similar to Karl in 88. The island city immediately means 7 gold more than a mainland city. In case of no food, I found on the stones, build a lighthouse and forget the city.

klops;9235613 Wrote:Does Jelling have food? (Apart from the one floodplain).
Am a bit surprised that the city is coming so early. I'm probably missing something, I would have put the area in the category "maybe later ne füllstadt".

Normally I would have put it more in that category as well. However, there are a few reasons for the earlier foundation.

The other cities (Crab in the north, Crab in the northwest, Wild in the northwest, Pig in the northeast) all require additional worker capacity before they become productive. Except for the pig, the resources are not really strong either. Additionally, unlike Jelling, they require additional protection. Only the wheat city in the southeast with the many forests could have been founded earlier. Here, however, I opted for commerce. Besides the commerce from the river, Bjorgvin gets a direct trade connection, which it would not have without Jelling. In addition, my workers are here on site.

In my earlier test, the settler did indeed found the crab town in the north.

Discussions on city planning.

CivNoob;9236568 Wrote:Wild 9 and Silver 3 I would found, in addition sometime much later once crab 2 if one wants to have above still another port city.

That's probably how it will go. I don't really have gold to spare for mysticism either, and I'd rather have horses soon before barbaxes show up. So far I only see warriors with the barbs, but they also took out my scout. In return, a spear returns the favor to me.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079226]

I should still get to pottery just fine. But after that it will be important to build cottages, possibly occupy coast near the capital and probably settle the island as well. In the meantime I decided to finish the workboat a bit earlier, so it can explore the black spots near the island before a possible landing. Anyway, the demo speaks a clear language.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079227]

Last in GNP (last round also in population) and leading in production, food and military. jive

To increase the treasury and turn production into gold, I can also imagine going on a privateering expedition and razing a capital.

The demo after a newly founded city always doesn't look bad.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079812&d=1698594700]

Depending on the barbarians, I found 3 more cities until round 63. The demo could then look like this.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079813]

Even in my other games the demo wasn't looking so good at that time. This could be because I am currently almost only working developed resources.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079814]

Here is the border area between Picca and SD. Tends to be a little greener than mine.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2079815]

The chariot retreats while I discover the reason for the successful rush.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2080481]

Horses on the coast, which are available directly in the capital with a founding.

I have decided to go to war. Let's see what the capital looks like. At the moment I think that the probability of conquering and keeping both cities with an earlier rush wouldn't have been that small.

Demo is looking good.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2080487]

Savings rate goes down again after founding two more cities. This puts me in double digits for cities and I have twice as many as my neighbors.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2080621]

This is the situation with Hageel. I may have surprised them after all. I probably even made things more difficult for myself and drove the chariot back to Catan. The chances are around 93%, but I should also lose 1-2 units.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2080622]

I haven't written much about the war here so far. Now that the war has cooled down and there are no more battles to be fought, there is a truce with Tarkeel. Overall, I've had some luck in the battles, not losing any units, destroying two chariots and incinerating two cities. Here is a preliminary settlement plan.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2081875]

SD sends a strange diplo message. I sent back fish-fish with war against. Apparently the war Greenline vs Picca is a bit more serious. Picca is now also the military leader.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2081878]

I don't have any current plans anyway, as I'm also busy expanding my cities.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2081877]

Demo still looks very good.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2081876]

This turn I found my 11th city, Odense. Initially, it was planned further west on Pig-3. Due to Superdeath's newly founded city, I would have lost the pigs anyway, so I avoid an unnecessary border conflict.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2082827]

As you can see, I am planning an alternative source of income, even if not all cities are on the coast and there is only one additional trade route. Since I already know sailing anyway and also need masonry for construction, I thought it was worth a try. I don't think I have much chance. If in doubt, I can use the gold for math. As a precaution, the construction of the quarry should start soon, so that the hanging gardens can be tried as an alternative  cool
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2082828]

Two wonders have been built so far. Stonehenge by Gav and the Oracle by Pindicator, after he had already found a classic tech a few turns earlier. Accordingly, he is also the points leader.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2082829]

A few more pictures for round 75. Starting with the current graphs of all nations known to me.

GNP should improve as the game progresses. The Fin Bonus currently gives me 2 gold. In a few turns I will have the first hamlets and then things should improve.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083192]

I still have a clear lead in production, even if the lead is melting due to whipped granaries. In the long term, the lead should stay that way, as I consider food to be more important anyway.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083193]

Picca, who is no longer at war with Greenline but I think has even taken a city from him, is catching up in terms of food.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083194]

The war, or rather the lost units, can be seen on Greenline. Tarkeel are rearming, I have to stay alert here.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083195]

The culture graph shows that I am the only one without additional culture.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083196]

Nidaros is in the top 5 for the first time.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083198]

I'm probably a bit behind in technologies.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083199]

The most striking thing about the demo is the export-import value. Last round I accepted the open borders offered by SD. In the end a mistake, as I have already colonized an island and so don't benefit from it and he gets up to 7 gold. I'll have to check in-game to see if he also has open borders with other players. If in doubt, I could end the agreement through war. But that could also upset SD unnecessarily.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083200]

I have no trade connection to Greenline yet. I suspect he is in the northwest near the unoccupied copper where I saw his warrior.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083201]

So far I'm doing a little trade with SD, especially to keep the horses out of my own trade screen.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2083202]