As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore rolls it lolrandom.

(August 17th, 2024, 18:41)Commodore Wrote: Here's a fun exercise, dotmap this:

Planting one where the scout stands grabs 3/4 fish (orphaning the northernmost) plus rice and pigs (!). If you're certain you can grab one of the tiles 5E of the jungle pigs, then you could get greedy and plant 1N of scout, 1S of pigs (bonus canal points, though it only saves about 5 movement over going around the peninsula), and on one of the tiles 5E/5E1N of the pigs. No orphaned fish, still pretty outrageous food.

(August 17th, 2024, 19:53)DaveV Wrote:
(August 17th, 2024, 18:41)Commodore Wrote: Here's a fun exercise, dotmap this:

Planting one where the scout stands grabs 3/4 fish (orphaning the northernmost) plus rice and pigs (!). If you're certain you can grab one of the tiles 5E of the jungle pigs, then you could get greedy and plant 1N of scout, 1S of pigs (bonus canal points, though it only saves about 5 movement over going around the peninsula), and on one of the tiles 5E/5E1N of the pigs. No orphaned fish, still pretty outrageous food.
Interesting wrinkle by the way, RtR terraces spread irrigation, so a hill city supplies freshwater while the fish-not-orphan does not. It's a cool puzzle.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

NW of the pigs.
Orphans all 4 fish, so you don't need single use workboats.

S of the pigs for a channel and the other city on the NE ?

Play another mod and has a minimum city distance of 1.

Settle on scout is a better NE city than I've ever had (seen?).
+21f at size 5 is actually too much for Globe right?

(August 17th, 2024, 19:16)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Natural spreads? Any plans for the axes?
One highlighted was a natural spread, Baccarat was a missionary. 

Axes are here to handle barbarians, I'm expecting a huge raging wave very soon.

I'm also going to want to push hard on my dotmap here.
[Image: bdEDl90.jpeg]
Pool and Roulette are getting settled in the next few turns, but I need good borders in the Yuri direction too. Currency push after Monarchy a must, because even with Org civics savings and the terrace -15% maint, this is an expensive REX to landgrab. I want all the Riverwood at least though.

Pindicator is going to be annoying me here while I work on my pinkish dot. Answer your question about why I'm spamming out extra axes?

Here's my current thinking about dots.

Numbering isn't strictly about sequence, more priority thoughts. I don't know if I'll manage it, but given what I know about average totestra land quality, I feel that if I DO manage to grab all this, I'll have an empire that can absolutely win the game. 

By the way, I love Classic+Advanced start. It's less distorting than medieval+ era starts, but it really does accelerate the game's interesting decision phase.

Well, I would certainly be curious if you were intending to axe rush! Is Roulette being founded ahead of Pool?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(August 20th, 2024, 04:59)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Well, I would certainly be curious if you were intending to axe rush! Is Roulette being founded ahead of Pool?
Actually, amusingly enough, they're going to be founded the same turn. I'm not trying to settle like this, it's just how it's worked out. My settling tempo is mostly predicated on worker support.

Yuri found my borders, so now I'm in a settling race with him our east as well. 
[Image: MFQKRNJ.jpg]

My settling pace needs to slow after this until I hit Currency, because the ol' economy is about to hit the bricks. My solution is pretty simple, revolt to HR and grow on riverside cottages. Particularly here at Poker, this capital needs to be HUGE and I think it might already be time to end whipping. Beautiful city for cottaging, and this is going to be a bureau target ASAP despite the expansion. Ten riverside towns go.
[Image: px8cilg.jpg]

My finances aren't in quite as much trouble as it looks at first, unit cost will go down with the pop growth and my cities will chop out terraces immediately to make them 85% the cost of my rivals' cities. Glad to be ORG even so. 
 [Image: O1u6ftM.jpg]
Krill opted for Pyramids as his Economy Shot In The Arm, while Thoth will just make do with Financial. Pindicator and Yuri will be suffering a bit, which means war will start to look more attractive short term.