As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

Good man! Let's lock into our chairs and set a course for SHOWDOWN!

Which reactions did you like the best?

As it is we have 2 shots to find 1 scum.

from my PoV I have to decide if a) scum Adrien tried to bus DP real hard on D1 because he saw DP as walking dead already. and b) did scum Adrien put himself up on D2 with the idea with Lewwyn vs Rowain I can risk it and later use it as proof for my innocence.

But I must I find this rather unlikely compared to the chances of glum & Psilly being the missing scum. So with Adrien rather town it is either Gazglum or Psilly in which case I vote one of them tomorrow and if he turns out town then the other on D5.

The two shots does reduce the tension a little bit, I agree. The only way scum can likely win from here is if it is Adrien. BUt as DP said, no lynch is impossible.

(February 9th, 2017, 10:02)AdrienIer Wrote:
(February 9th, 2017, 09:40)Psillycyber Wrote: Gazglum is scum.  (See?  It even rhymes.  It must be true.)

GG Dp101
Huh, in my mind I have it be the latin -um sound, as in a shorter "gloom" sound.

That's because you're French. I like Gaz-gloom, as it sounds sophisticated, but I fear it's usually just the Glum to rhyme with Scum when I say it.

(February 7th, 2017, 09:27)Gazglum Wrote:
(February 7th, 2017, 08:02)Psillycyber Wrote: Gazglum's last minute push to Rowain and then back onto Lewwyn made no sense.

It makes perfect sense. ANd if you think its me and DP, then you think Rowain and Lewwyn were both town. So what sense does it make for Scumglum to do a little dance over them at deadline and draw all this attention?

Reverse psychology.  Doing what scum wouldn't do.  You've been doing that all game, and you are about to do some more of it here on Day 4 with the nominations.  The only trick for you to figure out now is, what would town expect?  For scum to nominate themselves or not nominate themselves, now that I have laid out the options and goaded you to not nominate me.  

(February 7th, 2017, 15:23)Gazglum Wrote: Just have a look at Psilly's posts Day 1 compared to today. Day 1 he's giving reads, asking questions, contributing, contributing, contributing. Today he is practically throwing in towel. 'ScumGlum has eviscerated me'. 'Town is screwed'. 'Why isn't DP voting me, I am so scummy'.

What has materially changed between now and then? From townPsilly perspective, just that the player he thinks is scum has attacked him. That's all. That's the game, man. You should relish it. I'm not even voting him. If he's town, he should be happily hanging my scumbuddy DP today, and then turning his attention to tearing me down when I am without allies. Why is he so defeatist?

Because he's been caught, and it's hard to tell lies?

Oh, I am relishing it.  I will relish getting lynched.  I'm a big boy.  And I love to be proven right.  

By the way, why not throw my name up for a vote yesterday, Gaz, if only to see if you could get some momentum on me?  Wouldn't it have been preferable, if I am scum, to lynch me first and save the even-scummier Dp101 for a later lynch?  

(February 8th, 2017, 05:18)AdrienIer Wrote:
(February 8th, 2017, 05:14)Rowain Wrote:
(February 8th, 2017, 03:43)Gazglum Wrote: It was still very slightly possible you are scum and put yourself up.

Why would I do that as scum? If Lewwyn turns against me I'm dead.
It's not like Lewwyn was obvtown.

Lewwyn was obvtown to me at the start of Day 2.  If Lewwyn had played more soberly that day, and if he had turned against Rowain with sober arguments, I might have been persuaded.  

(February 9th, 2017, 02:42)Gazglum Wrote: Regardless of everyone's alignment, I really think people shouldn't use the 'too emotional to be scum' kind of argument so much. We don't want people playing too emotionally and getting upset, and we don't want to make scum feel like they should try to fake being upset for town points, because that's going to cause a lot of bad feelings post-game.

Agreed.  "Too emotional to be scum" is a bad argument.  Scum can be emotional too.  I could be scum trying to fake being upset for town points.  Now, where I disagree with you is that this would be unfair play.  All is fair is love and war, save perhaps some crazy extreme where someone threatens suicide IRL if they get lynched or something wacko like that.  We are all big boys here.  We can surely all forgive scum for sleazy play and town for poor play after the game, right?  This is just a game, right?  I certainly hope so, because either my play has been sleazy (if I am scum) or quite poor (if I am town), and I hope I can count on forgiveness either way.  

So I say, bring on the emotional play!  I'm entitled to get emotional, and you are entitled to call me out as scummy for that.   nod

Well I appreciate the good humour, this game has certainly been enjoyable for me.

(February 9th, 2017, 10:53)Psillycyber Wrote: By the way, why not throw my name up for a vote yesterday, Gaz, if only to see if you could get some momentum on me?  Wouldn't it have been preferable, if I am scum, to lynch me first and save the even-scummier Dp101 for a later lynch?  

That makes no sense at all, like many of your posts. You vote for the most likely scum. I was 99% on DP, about 80% on you. Making a mistake yesterday meant losing the game, whereas getting rid of DP allows town two tries to finish his partner.

That's why your bouncing back and forth was scummy. Pressure is good, but its hugely anti-town to try and get the sneaky Uberwolf you are less sure of, compared to just cleaning up the sure thing. Rowain wavered too, but he had proclaimed himself less sure on DP than you had. The only way your play yesterday makes sense, is if you genuinely thought I was scummier than DP. But you didn't, you told Rowain that we were equally scummy.

That was a laughable position in teh circumstances, and when challenged on it you wrote:

(February 7th, 2017, 20:27)Psillycyber Wrote:
(February 7th, 2017, 16:53)Gazglum Wrote: How can you seriously say taht DP and me are equally scummy? You have earlier made mention of several towny things you picked up from me. Would you like to demonstrate to the crowd one or townish points from DP for comparison?

No thanks.  Let's say I'm feeling particularly lazy right now.  neenerneener

Hmmm.... shades

Me on whether I am scummy or not  lol

I feel bad for town this game.  You've had to sort through all of that in my play, not knowing whether I was scum cynically using this as a strategy or town just being weird.  (And maybe right now I am just scum cynically using this joke link rather than town just trying to laugh about the game).

So I'm Jermaine? :P

Q will appreciate the Conchords shout-out.

Also, we should not hold it against the remaining scum after the game if they end up doing a nomination that forces a Day 5.  If that's a tactic to win, and its within the rules, then so be, even if it means we have to wait another 48 hours to know the result of the game.  

Now, I could just be saying this because I am scum and I don't want everyone to be angry with me when I don't nominate myself on Day 4 and force a prolonged game.  Or, I could be saying this because I am town and I want to appear fair-minded.  

Also, you'd probably figure that, if I am so self-aware of how scummy all of this is, then surely I wouldn't do this as scum (except perhaps as reverse psychology, as something that scum would never do!)...but why would I do it as town either?  Why not just save these meta-comments for after the game, when they wouldn't hurt town's goal by incriminating myself even though I'm town?  

My answer, which most probably won't find convincing until after the game (because a scum could be saying the same thing here to cover up for his weird play), is that I'm impulsive and a poor town player, and I tend to blurt out any little thing I'm thinking.  It's OK.  A lot of you probably find it very frustrating to have your chances sandbagged by another townie...especially now when you are so close to catching the last scum, if I would just shut up.  And you can criticize me after the game for all of this, and maybe even say that I am generally a detriment to town by making it all about myself, such that you might not want to be handicapped by my presence in future games.  That's fine.  I'm a big boy, I can handle it.    shades

(February 9th, 2017, 10:53)Psillycyber Wrote:
(February 7th, 2017, 09:27)Gazglum Wrote:
(February 7th, 2017, 08:02)Psillycyber Wrote: Gazglum's last minute push to Rowain and then back onto Lewwyn made no sense.

It makes perfect sense. ANd if you think its me and DP, then you think Rowain and Lewwyn were both town. So what sense does it make for Scumglum to do a little dance over them at deadline and draw all this attention?

Reverse psychology.  Doing what scum wouldn't do.  You've been doing that all game, and you are about to do some more of it here on Day 4 with the nominations.  The only trick for you to figure out now is, what would town expect?  For scum to nominate themselves or not nominate themselves, now that I have laid out the options and goaded you to not nominate me.  

No. Scum rarely do things that stand out and are against their own interest in hope of getting townpoints. The usual policy around here is "if it's acting weird, lynch it just in case".