As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(November 11th, 2013, 12:53)WilliamLP Wrote:
(November 11th, 2013, 12:46)Fintourist Wrote: If you want to play, just log in, and I'll get the message and log out immediately!

I don't actually get bounced, I just get the "connecting" message, and go back after about 30 seconds or so. (Maybe it would time out if I waited long enough). So I'm not sure if you see when I'm trying to log on?

But anyway, it's not a big deal, the game has been moving well.

Wait til you get the couldn't connect dialog box before stopping the login attempt, that way whoever's blocking you will be alerted.

Can someone please point me towards the ruleset, especially regarding timer split in war?

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

(November 12th, 2013, 12:36)mostly_harmless Wrote: Can someone please point me towards the ruleset, especially regarding timer split in war?

mh

We don't have rules for that.

I think once a turn order is established you can only make any moves or changes in your half as indicated by the first player finishing turn? I.e. play as if it were sequential, with logins outside that window being only to observe.

(November 12th, 2013, 12:58)Jowy Wrote:
(November 12th, 2013, 12:36)mostly_harmless Wrote: Can someone please point me towards the ruleset, especially regarding timer split in war?

mh

We don't have rules for that.

sure we do, its the same rule as pb5 and pb8: Don't be a dick.

if double moving would give you any unfair advantage, in war or peace, don't do it!
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(November 12th, 2013, 13:05)WilliamLP Wrote: I think once a turn order is established you can only make any moves or changes in your half as indicated by the first player finishing turn? I.e. play as if it were sequential, with logins outside that window being only to observe.
Is how i undestand too from previous pitboses played without rules just not be a jerk.

(November 12th, 2013, 13:09)Bigger Wrote: Don't be a dick.

I admit the subjectivity of that does confuse me sometimes! It's not obvious, not knowing the precedent of other PB games, that if someone attacks me by surprise late in the turn, that logging on and whipping is a dastardly thing to do or a double move, but I think it's considered so.

If you aren't sure ask lurkers. There are still plenty not playing that will be helpful
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Isn't attacking a peaceful neighbour the ultimate dick move? wink

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

(November 12th, 2013, 14:12)mostly_harmless Wrote: Isn't attacking a peaceful neighbour the ultimate dick move? wink

mh

That's civ.