As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

Monty Python Wrote:But I'm not quite dead yet. It's getting better!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Well, Not Dead Fish would fit too.

Lionfish.

Quote:Lionfish
They may be pretty cool to look at in a saltwater fish tank, but lionfish have become an invasive scourge from Virginia to Miami. In the Dominican Republic, lionfish have become so overpopulated that residents in some areas refuse to go swimming for fear of stepping on them. Lions are not aggressive (at least to humans), but feature multiple venomous spines capable of imparting a very painful sting. They have no natural predators and are capable of eating 30,000 juvenile fish a year.

Although I’ve not ever eaten one, many claim that they are quite tasty. The utmost caution should be used when handling lionfish. Always wear gloves. To prepare them for the table, remove all the spines with scissors before continuing the filleting process.

If stung by a lionfish, it’s recommended that you apply hot water to the wound for 30 minutes. If pain persists, seek medical attention.

That's an obnoxious looking fish. I think I'll find something in the Seuss canon to use, though, hopefully no one will notice that I've even built the new cities. That's the whole point of hiding them anyway, right? lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Also, I've been thinking lately about kicking the Zulu while they're down. They have all their forces concentrated in the western part of their holdings. I could sail a few carracks around without drawing too much attention, more than likely, since I've been doing it for a long time already. Their three southeastern most cities are all defended by, respectively: A pike (Five Guys, the island city) and a warrior in each of their two southeastern cities, if I remember correctly. Also, there is just an archer on garrison duty in Skippers, aka, Glad Fish. I'd probably raze that one if I recaptured it. I'd raze all of them actually, since I don't have the navy required to hold any of them.

So what's the point of doing this, if I don't get anything out of it? Because I'm a trolling bastard? I don't know, they attacked me and inflicted damage a while back, who needs a better reason than REVENGEANCE? lol

Still in the thinking phase. Lurker misconduct demanding buckets of blood is both expected and welcome.

(June 24th, 2013, 11:00)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Also, I've been thinking lately about kicking the Zulu while they're down. They have all their forces concentrated in the western part of their holdings. I could sail a few carracks around without drawing too much attention, more than likely, since I've been doing it for a long time already. Their three southeastern most cities are all defended by, respectively: A pike (Five Guys, the island city) and a warrior in each of their two southeastern cities, if I remember correctly. Also, there is just an archer on garrison duty in Skippers, aka, Glad Fish. I'd probably raze that one if I recaptured it. I'd raze all of them actually, since I don't have the navy required to hold any of them.

So what's the point of doing this, if I don't get anything out of it? Because I'm a trolling bastard? I don't know, they attacked me and inflicted damage a while back, who needs a better reason than REVENGEANCE? lol

Still in the thinking phase. Lurker misconduct demanding buckets of blood is both expected and welcome.

hammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammer

trolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltroll

piratepiratepiratepiratepiratepiratepiratepiratepirate

bashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbash

butcher2butcher2butcher2butcher2butcher2butcher2butcher2

That enough lurker incentive? smile

(June 24th, 2013, 11:15)BRickAstley Wrote: That enough lurker incentive? smile

You forgot splatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplat

Nope, still not convinced.

(June 24th, 2013, 11:21)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Nope, still not convinced.

I captured more cities than you did this game in total so far.

OOOOH BURN. That's a compelling argument.

However, I'm still alive and you're decidedly dead, so that does tip the balance of scales back in my favor, even with my failure to capture cities so far. lol But this is obviously just a ploy to attract posts. I think whacking the Zulu would be fun. I'll keep running my chariots around while I prepare. nod