As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

5 Player Themed Pitboss: Signup Thread

Somethink I forgot.
Thrawn, do you have already a lurker ?
If not, I could help.
Sorry MagicSciense, I think, no lurker has first right of refusal.
After that, Dreylin, Gavagai ?
I go by expected experience.

(May 24th, 2024, 19:06)scooter Wrote: * No Spies

It's been pointed out to me that this is not quite specific enough. This applies to Great Spies in the sense that they are not to be used as Scouts either. Of course, if you generate one you can do the other normal things a Great Person can do, but the intention here is to disallow riskless/invisible scouting. I hope that helps clarify things if anyone needed it. I'll tweak the wording of the OP to make this more explicit.

(June 1st, 2024, 02:18)Magic Science Wrote: I vote for "no hard limits in war or peace or per deal, just don't be a dick". With great power comes great responsibility.

It seems there is a consensus for this as the rule, so I would consider this locked in.

(June 1st, 2024, 13:13)scooter Wrote:

It's been pointed out to me that this is not quite specific enough. This applies to Great Spies in the sense that they are not to be used as Scouts either. Of course, if you generate one you can do the other normal things a Great Person can do, but the intention here is to disallow riskless/invisible scouting. I hope that helps clarify things if anyone needed it. I'll tweak the wording of the OP to make this more explicit.

Does it imply no infiltration mission? Because you obviously need to move it outside your borders to do that.

Happy with whatever you decide on city trading.

Do you have some written summary of guidelines/rules for new people?

What does no spies mean exactly - the unit spy cannot be produced and if you get a great spy you can only settle him?

(June 1st, 2024, 13:55)Gavagai Wrote:
(June 1st, 2024, 13:13)scooter Wrote:

Does it imply no infiltration mission? Because you obviously need to move it outside your borders to do that.

Yes. Spies or Great Spies trivialize certain things here. I don't want to go into too much more detail.

(June 1st, 2024, 15:01)thrawn Wrote: What does no spies mean exactly - the unit spy cannot be produced and if you get a great spy you can only settle him?

Yes, but also for the Great Spy you could use/save it for a Golden Age or build Scotland Yard.

Are we allowed to pillage tiles in Barbarian territory?

And I assume that we will play with No Unit Gifting, No Tech Trading, and No Vassal States, as usual?
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

(June 1st, 2024, 20:35)Magic Science Wrote: Are we allowed to pillage tiles in Barbarian territory?

And I assume that we will play with No Unit Gifting, No Tech Trading, and No Vassal States, as usual?

i assume barb territory is considered neutral territory for the sake of the game?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(June 1st, 2024, 20:35)Magic Science Wrote: Are we allowed to pillage tiles in Barbarian territory?

We’ll count Barb territory as neutral just to be safe.

Affirmative on the other questions.

Snake Order Wrote:Gavagai
Superdeath
Thrawn
Dreylin
Magic Science
Magic Science
Dreylin
Thrawn
Superdeath
Gavagai

Are we waiting for anything else before we get started?

We are waiting for me, sorry. I choose India.